P. Konerko

Jordan4life_2007

I think it's pretty clear to say PK is the whitesox player of this decade (2000-2010). He truly has done everything for this organization. He is a class act on and off the field, has produced almost every year with a few exceptions, was a hero in the playoffs and our first world series in decades. Frankly I love the guy for his professionalism, offense, defense, clutchness, and most of all for representing our city and fans proudly. I hope Jerry and KW understand this and reward him with a fair extension this offseason. He has before and will again take a hometown discount. We owe it to him to let him walk away a Sox.

Thankyou Paulie, Youre a class act.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 01:45 AM)
I think it's pretty clear to say PK is the whitesox player of this decade (2000-2010). He truly has done everything for this organization. He is a class act on and off the field, has produced almost every year with a few exceptions, was a hero in the playoffs and our first world series in decades. Frankly I love the guy for his professionalism, offense, defense, clutchness, and most of all for representing our city and fans proudly. I hope Jerry and KW understand this and reward him with a fair extension this offseason. He has before and will again take a hometown discount. We owe it to him to let him walk away a Sox.

Thankyou Paulie, Youre a class act.

If you argued for Mark Buehrle you wouldn't be wrong either.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 07:15 AM)
If you argued for Mark Buehrle you wouldn't be wrong either.

Yea, I vote for a tie between MB and PK.

I think the Sox should offer the 2 yr with 3rd year mutual option type of deal worth about 8/million/yr,with a buyout of 2 million or so...he certainly is worth more than 9 million this year.

You can tell he is pretty healthy right now,which is always the key with him. He has had great at-bats all year, and keeps grinding away. Very rarely has he given up an easy out all year,which is remarkable. If he stays out of any real funks the rest of the way, it will be his best year...at age 34? Go figure.

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 08:34 PM)
Like the 5/$60 deal Konerko signed as a 29 year old?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 10:35 PM)
We should be trying to sign this guy for a couple more years just like AJ Perzynski. It amazed me how much grief this guy took from some posters demanding his being traded and a sub par 1Bman

QUOTE (bobryansson @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 10:44 PM)
Affable guy, all about the team, never complains or makes excuses, hits home runs and for average, and gets what can be gotten at first. That's why his name is on the Sox jersey I wear.

Great 3 posts.

s*** he made 12 mill a year for five years? I would think a class act like Paulie might see the advantages to staying with one team his whole career and take another discount. I mean I doubt JR will try to low ball him beyond belief, so you'd think he'll still get tons of money and stay with the team he identifies with.

That said, I know players always hop around to make the most loot (Johnny Damon) so anything's possible.

Like the one poster said, "Pauliepalooza!"