Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Feb 13, 2011 -> 10:49 PM)
Who the f*** is arcade fire?

Do you live in a cave?

And I personally disagree JPN. The Suburbs has been in heavy rotation for a much longer period of time for me than Neon Bible ever was.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 14, 2011 -> 07:17 AM)
Do you live in a cave?

And I personally disagree JPN. The Suburbs has been in heavy rotation for a much longer period of time for me than Neon Bible ever was.

The Suburbs is good, I just prefer Neon Bible. I'm just glad they beat those other jokers.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 14, 2011 -> 11:27 AM)
The Grammys are really awful. Katy Perry was nominated for Album of the Year. How do people take this s*** serious.

Music is something we can only gauge by one thing, money generated. Music reviewing and critiquing is very much based on personal preference, so those songs and albums that generate the most revenue ARE the best. That's the only way it can be defined.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 14, 2011 -> 01:04 PM)
Music is something we can only gauge by one thing, money generated. Music reviewing and critiquing is very much based on personal preference, so those songs and albums that generate the most revenue ARE the best. That's the only way it can be defined.

Is this sarcasm? Sounds like your best Colbert impersonation.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 14, 2011 -> 11:01 AM)

I'm guessing these are all Eminem fans, because I doubt anybody would get that passionate about Katy Perry, Lady Antebellum or any of the other artists. By the way, what's the appeal of Eminem? I like hip hop, but I don't get his appeal. That stupid scowl and everything about him is lame.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 14, 2011 -> 02:31 PM)
No idea. I never figured out the obsession with him.

There's always a role for a person whose persona is to push the limits of what people/parents would define as acceptable.

The thing I do admire about him is...he actually realizes that's his role. Lines in his songs about how he's doing "Black music" and using it to make himself money, expressing some of the deeper truth. Also, I like the fact that he realized he was getting over-exposed and essentially disappeared for about 3 years, which really is a sound music-business move.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Feb 14, 2011 -> 01:26 PM)
I'm guessing these are all Eminem fans, because I doubt anybody would get that passionate about Katy Perry, Lady Antebellum or any of the other artists. By the way, what's the appeal of Eminem? I like hip hop, but I don't get his appeal. That stupid scowl and everything about him is lame.

I don't always care for his scowl and attitude, I just think he's one of the best hip hop MCs thats ever been around.

I may live in a cave I guess, but I still have no idea who the f*** Arcade Fire, Esmeralda Spalding, or half those other performers were. Oh well.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 14, 2011 -> 01:36 PM)
There's always a role for a person whose persona is to push the limits of what people/parents would define as acceptable.

The thing I do admire about him is...he actually realizes that's his role. Lines in his songs about how he's doing "Black music" and using it to make himself money, expressing some of the deeper truth. Also, I like the fact that he realized he was getting over-exposed and essentially disappeared for about 3 years, which really is a sound music-business move.

I'm strictly talking about his music. I eat, sleep and breathe hip hop and never liked his music. He's like the white version of Jay Z.

Edited by BigSqwert