Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 08:59 PM)
I heard someone say today that the Situation from Jersey Shore will be a billionaire by the end of this year.

Sometimes I wish I could destroy the world.

Not sure I buy that considering Oprah is worth 2.7 billion and it's taken her several years to get there.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 08:50 PM)
or b**** slap her for being with a guy more feminine then she is?

I wouldn't be shocked to see Bieber on the cover of People Magazine in 10 years with headline: Out Of The Closet.

My daughter's softball team went completely undefeated the entire year! They just won their last game of the end of the year tournament last night!

It was a nail-biter that they had to pull off with 2 outs in the bottom of the 5th (they only play 5 innings) but they managed it. :D

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 10:20 AM)
If an alien race has the technology to travel here from however many light years away, I fail to see how they'd manage to crash on our planet.

Haven't we lost rovers on Mars? I mean, if there were a race on Mars and they found one of those rovers, couldn't they say basically the same thing you said?

I doubt that thing leads anywhere. It's probably a strange rock formation or some crap because it's never anything fun, but it would be so cool if it were a UFO. I think it was about a year ago when they thought they found a monolith on Mars, but it was debunked as just an odd shadow.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 10:56 AM)
Haven't we lost rovers on Mars? I mean, if there were a race on Mars and they found one of those rovers, couldn't they say basically the same thing you said?

I doubt that thing leads anywhere. It's probably a strange rock formation or some crap because it's never anything fun, but it would be so cool if it were a UFO. I think it was about a year ago when they thought they found a monolith on Mars, but it was debunked as just an odd shadow.

An alien race would live so much farther than Mars that comparison has no merit what so ever.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 11:57 AM)
An alien race would live so much farther than Mars that comparison has no merit what so ever.

I think the comparison is valid. We have no idea of the technology of an alien race, the same as a hypothetical Martian race that has no idea about our technology. Perhaps this race sent out a probe of their own that took hundreds of years to arrive on Earth and it eventually lost control or ran out of fuel or was caught in a storm, etc.

To say that anything has no merit whatsoever in a completely hypothetical situation about an alien race that may or may not even exist is sort of weird.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 12:43 PM)
I think the comparison is valid. We have no idea of the technology of an alien race, the same as a hypothetical Martian race that has no idea about our technology. Perhaps this race sent out a probe of their own that took hundreds of years to arrive on Earth and it eventually lost control or ran out of fuel or was caught in a storm, etc.

To say that anything has no merit whatsoever in a completely hypothetical situation about an alien race that may or may not even exist is sort of weird.

So a spaceship that was able to travel across galaxies and suddenly runs out of fuel at Earth is as valid as sending a land rover to the planet next door to us and having it break....

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 01:46 PM)
parts could have broken off int he crash ;)

The stardrive sections are usually much more built-up because they have to contain the forces from the propulsion systems. If the ship broke up, the saucer section would be much more damaged and more of the stardrive would be in tact than the saucer.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 02:23 PM)
The stardrive sections are usually much more built-up because they have to contain the forces from the propulsion systems. If the ship broke up, the saucer section would be much more damaged and more of the stardrive would be in tact than the saucer.

That's a valid argument.