Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 02:21 PM)
So a spaceship that was able to travel across galaxies and suddenly runs out of fuel at Earth is as valid as sending a land rover to the planet next door to us and having it break....

I didn't say it was "as valid", just that it can be valid. And the gas thing was just one of possibly thousands of reasons, including your idea of the Martian rover just breaking down.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 03:21 PM)
So a spaceship that was able to travel across galaxies and suddenly runs out of fuel at Earth is as valid as sending a land rover to the planet next door to us and having it break....

Well obviously they were not aware of the problems massive flocks of birds pose to aircraft on this planet. Duh.

We registered our kids for school yesterday and we had assumed that our oldest would be taking Driver’s Ed sometime this year. Turns out since she is one of the younger kids in her class (turns 15 in 9 days) and there are way too many kids in the school district, she doesn’t.

We talked to a counselor and there are about 20 kids ahead of her also waiting. But they base it on age so if 20 more kids show up and they are older, they get first dibs.

Our only options are either 1) summer school next year 2) an independent driving school at nearly twice the cost or 3) simply waiting to see if an opening shows up before the second semester of school.

The first two options require us finding transportation to and from as well.

I’m torn because the driving school would be more expensive but she could get all her required driving time in by the time she turns 16. We just have to find a way to get her there for the classes.

But there’s still that slight chance that some kids might drop driver’s ed for one reason or another and she could get it through school.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 11:09 AM)
We registered our kids for school yesterday and we had assumed that our oldest would be taking Driver’s Ed sometime this year. Turns out since she is one of the younger kids in her class (turns 15 in 9 days) and there are way too many kids in the school district, she doesn’t.

We talked to a counselor and there are about 20 kids ahead of her also waiting. But they base it on age so if 20 more kids show up and they are older, they get first dibs.

Our only options are either 1) summer school next year 2) an independent driving school at nearly twice the cost or 3) simply waiting to see if an opening shows up before the second semester of school.

I’m torn because the driving school would be more expensive but she could get all her required driving time in by the time she turns 16. We just have to find a way to get her there for the classes.

But there’s still that slight chance that some kids might drop driver’s ed for one reason or another and she could get it through school.

Id just wait and get her in the class in summer school or first semester next year, it won't kill your daughter to wait a little while longer no matter what she tells you.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 02:05 PM)
Id just wait and get her in the class in summer school or first semester next year, it won't kill your daughter to wait a little while longer no matter what she tells you.

Actually, we are pushing her to get it sooner simply because I'm the only person in the house that can drive. It'll be nice to finally have a second driver.

Summer school would suck because we have no way to get her there everyday. They don't offer driver's ed to Juniors as far as I know.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 11:09 AM)

Ya, I had the same problem when I was going through the process since I was one of the younger kids in my grade. I went the independent route and it was well worth it. When you're 15 going on 16, waiting that extra time will kill you, all you want to do is get your license.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 01:32 PM)
That's a big ass cockroach.

Looks like both of the cockroaches that I killed in my house last week... We have some "Amazon" ones in the South. Some of them can fly too. Those are the worst.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 02:26 PM)
Looks like both of the cockroaches that I killed in my house last week... We have some "Amazon" ones in the South. Some of them can fly too. Those are the worst.

Yeah, nothing beats the s*** I saw living on the Gulf Coast. Scary.