Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this on facebook, and couldn't say it any better.

There's a petition to have Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street not only come out of the closet, but get married. Gay, straight, I don't care ... it's that someone actually started a petition about the sexuality of puppets. Today's message has been brought to you by the letters W.T.F.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 07:52 PM)
Yup, internationally they've got the most users.

I think I read not too long ago that Google Gmail just surpassed them in the US though.

Yeah, I ban most of them when they register here.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 12, 2011 -> 12:11 PM)
I found this on facebook, and couldn't say it any better.

One of my friends posted that this was the stupidest thing since Pat Robertson said one of the Teletubbies was gay. Totally right.

My goodness. I feel like a fat pregnant girl. I just ordered a 20-ounce porterhouse, the bloomin' onion and some pasta from Outback. I feel like Carl Winslow. I feel like Cecil Fielder. No, I feel like Nate Newton. I feel like John Candy from the Great Outdoors when he ate that big ass steak and vomited later when he saw maggots.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2011 -> 07:24 PM)
Are you from Minny? I'll be there for a conference in October, would love dining suggestions downtown.

Nope. Grew up north of Chicago, went to IU for college (graduated this past May), and just moved to Minneapolis for law school.

I've been here a few times though, so I know a good place or two. Mostly of the brewpup variety though, I haven't had a chance to be too adventurous yet.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 12:23 AM)
Nope. Grew up north of Chicago, went to IU for college (graduated this past May), and just moved to Minneapolis for law school.

I've been here a few times though, so I know a good place or two. Mostly of the brewpup variety though, I haven't had a chance to be too adventurous yet.

The conference is a group of geologists. I'll give it a 50/50 shot that after we're there for 4 days the state of Minnesota will have run dry.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Aug 15, 2011 -> 11:23 PM)

What law school, farmteam?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 09:07 AM)
What law school, farmteam?

University of St. Thomas.

I got into places like DePaul, Loyola and Denver, but UST had the best combination of money and how I comfortable I felt. UST only actually opened ten years ago (well, technically it opened in the 1920s, but closed in the Depression, and reopened a decade ago), and at first I was worried about that...but the more I talked to alums and others with the school, I realized how involved everyone is. I also like that it's right downtown, and the law building is gorgeous (built in 2003). Apparently even in just 10 years, it's regarded even better in the Twin Cities than William Mitchell or Hamline, the two other local law schools (obviously the University of Minnesota is more highly regarded). Their placement within the cities is really good.

Basically...I'm excited to be here!

Anybody else adore the site theoatmeal.com?

I'm sure cat lovers would appreciate it, I don't love cats but his stuff cracks me up a ton.

header.png

Apparently he cleverly breaks his comics into separate images, follow this link to the specific comic.

His one on sriracha sauce is pure gold too.

Edited by bigruss22

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2011 -> 07:24 PM)
Are you from Minny? I'll be there for a conference in October, would love dining suggestions downtown.

My buddy works up there and we always hit up http://www.gasthofzg.com/ every time we visit. This place is absolutely amazing. Incredible food, incredible atmosphere.

Get either of the meat platters and a boot of beer. End the night with some snuff.

Incredible place.

There is some sort of pseudo riot at des plaines and washington right now. I'll be interested to watch the news tonight. Cops/cameras everywhere, traffic blocked, signs, etc. WTF

There was just some fighting and people got thrown into cop cars.

20+ cop cars. Wow.

Edited by IlliniKrush

So this is what it was, top story on every news station:

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=n...&id=8312580

What a bunch of idiots. I wouldn't have cared if someone did run their car through there. They should have arrested all of them if that's what they wanted, and get on with it. Thing took almost 2 hours.

I’m not sure what your relationship is with Tom Waits OR Cookie Monster, but even if you have 0 relationship with either of them I think it’s pretty clear to you that this is just a very good thing that is completely correct in every way and you love it so much. Even if you don’t necessarily like “mashup” videos very much, and generally don’t even watch them when they are presented to you because why bother usually, you are looking at this video right now and thinking, “Oh. This is very good.” And maybe this has even been done before? I certainly haven’t seen every mashup, because why bother usually, so maybe someone has made a video mashup of, like, Elmo singing a Lil Wayne song, which would also be good. And maybe some of you are thinking, “This is fine but it’s no ‘Elmo singing Lil Wayne.’” But I’d have to break the news to those people that they are incorrect. This is the best. Either this is the best thing I’ve ever seen in my entire life or I am just VERY tired. I don’t know I can’t make that call right now, because it is true that I am very tired and also think I may be coming down with a cold unfortunately, but I’m pretty sure that this video is just the best.
Link

I just saw something really strange....

I'm working at home today. I look out the front window of our house, and I see this Metra truck with three dudes in it, drive up and park in front of our house. We're a couple blocks from the train, so, I figure they're just waiting for something, no big deal.

Then, one of the three gets out of the truck, grabs a bucket, and starts wandering around our front lawn. After some wandering, he starts picking up the black walnuts off our lawn (we have two very large, mature black walnut trees in our front yard). He proceeds to fill an entire bucket with these things, with his buddies watching, and I'm sitting here in the window watching the whole thing, but apparently they don't see me. After his bucket is full, he gets back in the truck, and they drive off.

I wasn't going to use those anyway - I know they can be eaten but they are a big pain to deal with, so I was just going to rake or pick them up and throw them out. So I don't really care if they go away, in fact it makes life easier for me. But there is something disturbing about the idea that these guys apparently scoped out my house, and then grabbed some things off my lawn, when they thought no one was home. Just kind of creepy.