Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 09:50 AM)
I just saw something really strange....

I'm working at home today. I look out the front window of our house, and I see this Metra truck with three dudes in it, drive up and park in front of our house. We're a couple blocks from the train, so, I figure they're just waiting for something, no big deal.

Then, one of the three gets out of the truck, grabs a bucket, and starts wandering around our front lawn. After some wandering, he starts picking up the black walnuts off our lawn (we have two very large, mature black walnut trees in our front yard). He proceeds to fill an entire bucket with these things, with his buddies watching, and I'm sitting here in the window watching the whole thing, but apparently they don't see me. After his bucket is full, he gets back in the truck, and they drive off.

I wasn't going to use those anyway - I know they can be eaten but they are a big pain to deal with, so I was just going to rake or pick them up and throw them out. So I don't really care if they go away, in fact it makes life easier for me. But there is something disturbing about the idea that these guys apparently scoped out my house, and then grabbed some things off my lawn, when they thought no one was home. Just kind of creepy.

My old ass "environmental freak" neighbors do this kind of crap all the time. They freak out when I mow or spray MY lawn. Call the cops at least once a month because they think I'm trying to kill them. Cops literally laugh in this dumb lady's face. I'm to the point where I put freshwater in the weed sprayer can and just walk around and spray while they watch and cry. She's always b****ing at me how she hates college kids and we're all disrespectful and how we're ruining the world. She can't seem to figure out that she lives in the center of Purdue's campus, and she's going to have to deal with college kids. She's so damn stupid.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/bre...0,6346064.story

In the first of many steps to reinvent itself during the next year, Burger King on Friday will announce that it's dethroning the creepy King character -- and other wacky, teen-targeting stuff -- and refocusing on a customer it had all but forgotten: Mom.

In a new ad campaign set to air this weekend, Burger King will nationally roll out the California Whopper on Monday, made with what's arguably the gastronomic trend of 2011: guacamole. In a serious image twist, the entire commercial shows only the sights and sounds of the fresh ingredients being washed, sliced and diced. There are no words, just pulsating music.

Industry experts say the move may be Burger King's best bet of giving Ronald McDonald any hint of competition.

If BK wants to give McD's any competition they need to change their fries back to the way they were about 15 years ago. Now they taste like salted cardboard.

Also offer honey as a dipping sauce. I can't figure out why they stopped.

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 08:50 AM)
I just saw something really strange....

I'm working at home today. I look out the front window of our house, and I see this Metra truck with three dudes in it, drive up and park in front of our house. We're a couple blocks from the train, so, I figure they're just waiting for something, no big deal.

Then, one of the three gets out of the truck, grabs a bucket, and starts wandering around our front lawn. After some wandering, he starts picking up the black walnuts off our lawn (we have two very large, mature black walnut trees in our front yard). He proceeds to fill an entire bucket with these things, with his buddies watching, and I'm sitting here in the window watching the whole thing, but apparently they don't see me. After his bucket is full, he gets back in the truck, and they drive off.

I wasn't going to use those anyway - I know they can be eaten but they are a big pain to deal with, so I was just going to rake or pick them up and throw them out. So I don't really care if they go away, in fact it makes life easier for me. But there is something disturbing about the idea that these guys apparently scoped out my house, and then grabbed some things off my lawn, when they thought no one was home. Just kind of creepy.

That's pretty weird. Why didn't you go outside and just say "hey i don't have a problem with you taking these, but why not ask first?"

We had a similar situation with the JULIE people that mark utilities. My next door neighbor is doing a gut rehab of his house. For some reason the JULIE guy went about 25 feet into my property (on the side connected to my neighbor) to mark some stuff. But he didn't just mark it, he put stakes in the ground too. Do I really care about them doing that? No. But I was a little upset that I wasn't consulted first. Especially since the marks had absolutely nothing to do with the renovation work (not even in the same vicinity really).

I [heart] facebook

Dudu Kwasi

Respond to Friend Request

General Manager at General Managing Director of Commercial and Savings Bank of Somalia.Studied at University of SomaliaLives in Mogadishu, SomaliaBorn on August 23, 1963

Dudu Kwasi

can we work together as partners? I have a business proposal to offer.

Me

Hold on, let me check with the FBI...

Neighbor's gutter system is whack, and water is just spilling into our side yard creating a god damned pond. I've asked him to fix it nicely, since I don't like the idea of my house touching a f***ing lake. It's been over a month and the problem persists.

I just went out and took pictures during this f***ing ridiculous downpour. What should I do next? Strongly worded letter?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 20, 2011 -> 11:08 AM)
Neighbor's gutter system is whack, and water is just spilling into our side yard creating a god damned pond. I've asked him to fix it nicely, since I don't like the idea of my house touching a f***ing lake. It's been over a month and the problem persists.

I just went out and took pictures during this f***ing ridiculous downpour. What should I do next? Strongly worded letter?

Dig a trench that leads the water back to his basement.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 20, 2011 -> 11:08 AM)

Contact city/county officials, could be code violations. My in-laws have been fighting their neighbor pumping water into their yard from his cracked well for years. He keeps getting violations and fines, pays for lawyers, loses and generally spends a hell of a lot more than it would cost to just fix the damn thing.

Or, classify your property as lakefront!

I did ServSafe through the US Foodservice recently. I'm not going to be cooking for much longer but it was an opportunity to get reacclimated with a classroom setting since I'm hoping to take the GMAT in the next month or so as well as simply adding a certification to my resume, even if it's meaningless to any other job I'd apply to.

I didn't sleep well at all the night before, stayed awake for the first part of the session, and slept just fine through the second part of the course. Naturally, I missed questions from the first part of the class and got 100% on the second part.

Moral of the story: Sleeping through class leads to better grades.