Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I'm trying to put my (roughly 15 lb) dart board on the wall. My apartment's walls are all drywall. Screws don't like going on drywall. I've tried command hooks, I've tried those little thingies you hammer into the wall and then put the screw into that, but NO! Nothing works! WHAT DO I DO?!

QUOTE (farmteam @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 06:58 PM)
Ok, so I'm trying to put my (roughly 15 lb) dart board on the wall. My apartment's walls are all drywall. Screws don't like going on drywall. I've tried command hooks, I've tried those little thingies you hammer into the wall and then put the screw into that, but NO! Nothing works! WHAT DO I DO?!

Buy a lighter dart board

QUOTE (farmteam @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 07:58 PM)

Are there any wall studs?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 08:09 PM)
Studfinder time!

Yeah, I think so...but they're...oddly located, it seems. I have a studfinder, and according to the directions I'm using it correctly. I'll double check to make sure I'm entirely on a stud.

I'll check again tomorrow, I got way too frustrated with it today.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 10:30 PM)
Yeah, I think so...but they're...oddly located, it seems. I have a studfinder, and according to the directions I'm using it correctly. I'll double check to make sure I'm entirely on a stud.

Use two heavy hooks nailed into the studs and use high tension wire to hang the dart board between the two hooks.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 10:34 PM)
Use two heavy hooks nailed into the studs and use high tension wire to hang the dart board between the two hooks.

Or.... Screw a 2x4 into each end of the studs and use the middle of the 2x4 to screw in hooks to hang your board.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 10:39 PM)
Or.... Screw a 2x4 into each end of the studs and use the middle of the 2x4 to screw in hooks to hang your board.

Or... screw a 4x4 into the top and 4x4 into the bottom of where your dart board case would go and slide the case in the space between the 4x4s.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 10:30 PM)

Holding the studfinder up to your chest is the wrong way to use it.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 09:55 AM)
they're holding up my 50lb mirror pretty well. I wouldn't trust them to actually hold their rated capacity, but it should be more than adequate for a dart board.

Very true. I have not had a lot of good luck with those dry wall anchors around the house, though.