Spring Training Pictures

Kalapse

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 05:44 PM)
I'd say Dye in 05 turned out to be pretty big. Or was that the end or 04.

Offseason going into 05. This is obviously the biggest at the time fa signing we've had in forever but JD will definitely go down as one of the best Sox offseason signings of all time.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 05:44 PM)
I'd say Dye in 05 turned out to be pretty big. Or was that the end or 04.

I almost s*** myself when we signed Belle. I was still hurting from the '94 strike (yes, I was only 11. But it still hurt badly). But Albert put up the best non-Frank season I've seen in my lifetime from a White Sox perspective in '98. And didn't Steff date Albert? That alone makes me envious. I wanted Steff bad. Now let me shut up.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 04:52 PM)
Very exciting. I always look forward to the first pictures from camp.

Now we get the stories about players being in the best shape of their lives. They lost weight. They put muscle on.....

as requested:

At 34 and in the best physical condition of his career, A.J. Pierzynski could be back for another couple of seasons after this current contract runs out following the 2012 season. If not, the White Sox look relatively deep at this position for the first time in years.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 06:17 PM)
This one is my favorite. The season might live or die by how many times Jake Peavy throws a baseball.

I think it does. Our rotation is made up of one #2 (Danks), a #3 (Floyd), and two #4s in Jackson and Buerhle. Don't even get me started on our 5th starter. Peavy, Beckham and CQ are the keys to our season in my opinion.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 06:23 PM)
I think it does. Our rotation is made up of one #2 (Danks), a #3 (Floyd), and two #4s in Jackson and Buerhle. Don't even get me started on our 5th starter. Peavy, Beckham and CQ are the keys to our season in my opinion.

Jake Peavy is going to have to be the fifth starter.. there's nothing else to say about that 5th spot. The Sox are screwed if it's not him, and he'd better pitch like a #1 or #2 starting in June or so. He can skate by as a #5 in the early parts of the season (high-quality, short outings will be fine by me), but once he hits full strength, I hope that re-attached shoulder carries the Sox all the way to the World Series.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 07:23 PM)

The scary thing to me...I look at that rotation and see 4 guys who I think "man, if this guy ever does ____, he'd be a number 1". 4 damn guys. Everyone in the rotation except for the guy who gives you 200+ innings and an ERA under 4 every year could be a #1 if a certain thing happened.

This rotation's ceiling could be higher than Philly. The chances of them getting there aren't good, but man, if I'm allowed to dream about what could be in ST...

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 06:53 PM)
Jake Peavy is going to have to be the fifth starter.. there's nothing else to say about that 5th spot. The Sox are screwed if it's not him, and he'd better pitch like a #1 or #2 starting in June or so. He can skate by as a #5 in the early parts of the season (high-quality, short outings will be fine by me), but once he hits full strength, I hope that re-attached shoulder carries the Sox all the way to the World Series.

I'm a HUGE Jake Peavy fan. I will never get on KW for trading for him. He's a legitimate ace when healthy. I just have serious doubts on if will ever get the ace version of Peavy.