2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 09:25 AM)
Jackson probably made himself a lot of money last night. You have to think Washington is a favorite to sign him especially since they get along well with boras

He has all the ability in the world. He may be the biggest tease on the White Sox. He looks so unhittable at times, then the next start he gives up 5 runs on 8 hits in 5 innings.

They had something on the board last night, and I don't know if its accurate because the board made no sense a few times as once they said Lillibridge had 37 hits last season then broke it down to 13 singles 5 doubes 2 triples and 2 homers. I guess he had 15 hits that were classified any of those. When Jackson struck someone out, the RF line once had Gavin Floyd 4 k's. After the next strikeout, Jake Peavy 5 k's. But it said Jackson has had 5 starts in his career with 10 ks or more, and 4 of those are with the White Sox. I'm kind of shocked he only did it once before he came here.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 09:34 AM)
He has all the ability in the world. He may be the biggest tease on the White Sox. He looks so unhittable at times, then the next start he gives up 5 runs on 8 hits in 5 innings.

They had something on the board last night, and I don't know if its accurate because the board made no sense a few times as once they said Lillibridge had 37 hits last season then broke it down to 13 singles 5 doubes 2 triples and 2 homers. I guess he had 15 hits that were classified any of those. When Jackson struck someone out, the RF line once had Gavin Floyd 4 k's. After the next strikeout, Jake Peavy 5 k's. But it said Jackson has had 5 starts in his career with 10 ks or more, and 4 of those are with the White Sox. I'm kind of shocked he only did it once before he came here.

I'm guessing most of his Mgrs didn't let him throw as many pitches as Ozzie does.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 11:06 AM)
I'm guessing most of his Mgrs didn't let him throw as many pitches as Ozzie does.

Pitches per game started for Jackson:

2006: 108

2007: 95

2008: 97

2009: 105

2010 (Arizona): 105

2010 (Chicago) 105

2011: 106

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 02:53 PM)
Anyone hear anything about changing Humber's starting schedule (tomorrow) since he warmed up last night?

hes still starting unless he is needed today

With 3 more whiffs today, Adam Dunn has now K'd 96 times in 227 at bats. That's a K% of 42.3. Exactly the same percentage that all-time single-season whiff champion Mark Reynolds K'd at last season. We've still got half a season to go. But unless Adam Dunn does something incredibly extraordinary from here on out, I feel confident in saying that year 1 of Adam Dunn era on the Southside has been less than exemplary.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 08:56 PM)
With 3 more whiffs today, Adam Dunn has now K'd 96 times in 227 at bats. That's a K% of 42.3. Exactly the same percentage that all-time single-season whiff champion Mark Reynolds K'd at last season. We've still got half a season to go. But unless Adam Dunn does something incredibly extraordinary from here on out, I feel confident in saying that year 1 of Adam Dunn era on the Southside has been less than exemplary.

We gotta just hope at this point, it would seem, that Adam gets it together, and since AJ has been a rather pleasant surprise of late, he deserves to stay in the five hole for a little while, IMO. Haven't seen him this confident at the dish in some time.

With Tank up soon and Pierre gone, lord willing, we can more easily afford to at least cut back on Dunn's AB's slightly, when we use DV as the DH against, perhaps, half of the lefty starters, or otherwise.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 11:25 PM)
CSNChi_Beatnik Bruney may not be DFAd after all; whispers in the clubhouse are that Pena's last appearance for Charlotte was cut short, with pain.

Bruney isn't great, but I think he is better than Pena. Maybe Infante should get a turn? I would say Shane Lindsay, but if you walk nearly one guy per inning at AAA, the Majors will kill you.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 07:56 PM)

It's an epic bust and just wishing/hoping/praying for a turnaround isn't going to make it happen. Walker says it's a very simple fix, that he's basically getting started too late in his swing. If so, why isn't Dunn changing that?

I'm pretty much prepared to write-off this season and hope that his playing time will be decreased even further. Re-set next spring.

Edited by The Ginger Kid

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 12:05 AM)
It's an epic bust and just wishing/hoping/praying for a turnaround isn't going to make it happen. Walker says it's a very simple fix, that he's basically getting started too late in his swing. If so, why isn't Dunn changing that?

I'm pretty much prepared to write-off this season and hope that his playing time will be decreased even further. Re-set next spring.

Calling a 4 year free agent deal a bust after half a season is a bust.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 01:02 PM)
To be honest, I don't really like Morel, as a baseball player, of course. But yeah, Ozzie is death to young players.

I agree. I have been really disappointed this year by his plate discipline and lack of power, but he has one his best games of the year and then gets the bench. Quite an incentive to perform well.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 11:04 AM)
I agree. I have been really disappointed this year by his plate discipline and lack of power, but he has one his best games of the year and then gets the bench. Quite an incentive to perform well.

His defense has been great and his bat continues to improve. Seems to be like he's been about exactly as advertised. And he should grow and as he grows he'll learn to drive a bit more. But he never had a ton of power and has never shown ridiculous patience. The beauty is he has always shown an ability to adjust and he's done that at the major league level.

He will never be a regular all star at 3B though because he dosen't possess the overall power ability to do so.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 01:40 PM)
His defense has been great and his bat continues to improve. Seems to be like he's been about exactly as advertised. And he should grow and as he grows he'll learn to drive a bit more. But he never had a ton of power and has never shown ridiculous patience. The beauty is he has always shown an ability to adjust and he's done that at the major league level.

He will never be a regular all star at 3B though because he dosen't possess the overall power ability to do so.

Morel has moved up every year. Give him one full year here, and I bet he'll develop his power next year. I hope it's for us.

The Los Angeles Dodgers filed for bankruptcy this morning and have promised that all players will get paid.

That being said, the players are of course the largest creditors in the filing.

Here's the list of who is owed the most and what they are owed:

Manny Ramirez, $20,992,086

Andruw Jones, $11,075,000

Hiroki Kuroda, $4,483,516

Rafael Furcal, $3,725,275

Chicago White Sox, $3,500,000

Kinda interesting.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/43547482

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 09:22 AM)
LOL, of course we would be involved in this and somehow get screwed. Kenny can't catch a break (many of his issues are brought upon by himself though).

But certainly those players and creditors would have to be paid out of the proceeds of an auction before any money went to the McCourts, correct?