2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 01:43 PM)
A 3.6 WAR 4 months into the season is not "blah", it's good for 30th in baseball and has made him worth $16.1M this season. He's also hitting .338/.410/.527/.937 this season in close and late situations and .333/.385/.563/.949 in high leverage situations, he's been huge when it has counted most. One of the last players we should be b****ing about is Alexei.

Greg doesn't understand offensive statistics other than HRs and batting average. You might as well tell him what Alexei's blood type and SAT scores are.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 06:43 PM)
A 3.6 WAR 4 months into the season is not "blah", it's good for 30th in baseball and has made him worth $16.1M this season. He's also hitting .338/.410/.527/.937 this season in close and late situations and .333/.385/.563/.949 in high leverage situations, he's been huge when it has counted most. One of the last players we should be b****ing about is Alexei.

It's not worth it. He'll try to downgrade any player on the roster who wasn't here in 2005 in order to make it look like Ozzie has nothing to work with.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 07:43 PM)

If Lexi's been great, then I stand corrected.

Maybe it's just the at bats I've been watching of late during my selective viewing where he's been a bucket of suck. If he has the stats, fine. Collectively it's all adding up to about 3 runs a game for this horses*** offense and for some reason I have grouped Lexi into the s***storm of late.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 01:47 PM)
If Lexi's been great, then I stand corrected.

Maybe it's just the at bats I've been watching of late during my selective viewing where he's been a bucket of suck. If he has the stats, fine. Collectively it's all adding up to about 3 runs a game for this horses*** offense and for some reason I have grouped Lexi into the s***storm of late.

Because a fan's eyes will deceit themselves almost every time. Yes, you can notice quite a bit from jut watching games, but you're going to remember just the great plays or just the terrible ones, especially if you're biased towards a player to begin with. Stats, combined with a fan's eyes, will tell you the closest thing to the truth.

As August rolls into September for the final month of this agony (If and only if this happens where we continue to be a bucket of suck offensively) will we be reviving the Dunn retire thread and hope to God Rios is put on waivers?

Edited by SpainSOXfan09

QUOTE (SpainSOXfan09 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 02:31 PM)
As August rolls into September for the final month of this agony (If and only if this happens where we continue to be a bucket of suck offensively) will we be reviving the Dunn retire thread and hope to God Rios is put on waivers?

Rios will be put on waivers. Everyone is during August. No one will claim him.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 04:41 PM)
Konerko likely to miss tomorrow as well.

I found it funny that Stone Pony, while watching a slow-motion replay of that bean ball hitting the bone next to Konerko's knee, plainly stated that the ball missed the bone next to Konerko's knee.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 07:00 PM)
Because a fan's eyes will deceit themselves almost every time. Yes, you can notice quite a bit from jut watching games, but you're going to remember just the great plays or just the terrible ones, especially if you're biased towards a player to begin with. Stats, combined with a fan's eyes, will tell you the closest thing to the truth.

I'm not biased against Lexi, though. I am a fan.

I just think he is one of those guys capable of 'carrying' a lineup for a while and my eyes have told me he's not doing that. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

My eyes also tell me Beckham has been a bucket of suck but I could be wrong there, too.

I am a Lexi and Sox fan. I just get pissed at the ofense.

QUOTE (SpainSOXfan09 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 02:31 PM)

Huh? What? I resemble that remark...

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 11:44 PM)
2/3 of the season in the books.

65 quality starts.

Starters-- 3.83 ERA

Bullpen-- 3.46 ERA

Only 39-26 with a quality start.

What a waste of a season.

When waste is in control, you'll have waste as a result

Man. Was I wrong about having a chance at winning the division, the players for the most part look like they have packed it in

QUOTE (Real @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 02:17 AM)
When waste is in control, you'll have waste as a result

Man. Was I wrong about having a chance at winning the division, the players for the most part look like they have packed it in

They technically have a chance at winning the division, and I still think the White Sox can win the division. This team will not.

I couldn't even watch the game last night. Once it was 4-0, it looked the offense got even worse. I'm not saying the offense scoring a few runs would have made a difference in last night's game (Danks just didn't have it), but they were just flat. No effort, no spark, nothing. On Monday, Peavy pitched well enough to win. But, again, no offense.

In two games, my thoughts on this season have shifted. I'm not saying I was sure they could take the division, but I certainly had higher hopes than I do now. Unless they come out and win these next two games convincingly, it's going to be hard for me to really give a damn.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 02:36 PM)
Kenny promoted De Aza and Ozzie keeps trotting Rios out there even though he's gone out of his way to play like he doesn't want to be here.

I am all in favor of good roster moves and De Aza is worth a shot, but Alejandro has one hit mind you since his recall. Of course it was a 2 run game winning homer, but still it is the only hit he has gotten

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 01:34 PM)
I am all in favor of good roster moves and De Aza is worth a shot, but Alejandro has one hit mind you since his recall. Of course it was a 2 run game winning homer, but still it is the only hit he has gotten

Which is only 1 less than Rios has gotten in the same time frame. Although Rios has 1 less RBI in that same time frame.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 01:34 PM)

But does De Aza dog it like Rios? He hustles in the OF and runs everything out to first. I can't say that about Alex as he looks like the laziest piece of s*** this side of Jamie Navarro.

Edited by BigSqwert

If you woke up from a 40 year coma today and was forced to watch 2 seasons of White Sox baseball, this year's and one season from the Bevington era, would you be able to determine from watching the games who the better manager is supposed to be?