4/8/11 - Sox vs. Rays - 7:10 (WCIU)

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately for me, I can't get this game on MLB.tv since I'm technically blacked out (Florida IP, but we're playing a Florida team), so I'm forced to watch this on myTV down here in Urbana, which looks like antenna-like quality TV channel. I might just skip out on watching this and go play basketball like I usually do instead.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 11:49 PM)
Who won the streak last year? I think my longest last year was 4 or 5, but I assume whoever had the 11-game Sox win streak won it, unless they forgot to post.

I think Heads had two big streaks...

Going just from memory, we seem to hit Shields pretty well...and Danksy has faired pretty well against the Rays....I'd imagine we'll be pretty big favorites to keep the Rays winless, Dunn or no Dunn.

Edit: Looks like we are -140 on the ML and +150 on the run line....might be time to put something down on the run line...

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 01:45 AM)
Yeah, WCIU blows.

I'm another person who can't get WCIU games. Since last year I couldn't stand missing the roughly one game a week aired on WCIU, I got MLB.tv this year for this very purpose. I live in White Sox broadcast territory so I'm blocked from watching the game live, but I'll be able to watch the archived game tomorrow morning. So it looks like a media blackout for me tonight and a doubleheader tomorrow.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 02:02 AM)
Going just from memory, we seem to hit Shields pretty well...and Danksy has faired pretty well against the Rays....I'd imagine we'll be pretty big favorites to keep the Rays winless, Dunn or no Dunn.

Edit: Looks like we are -140 on the ML and +150 on the run line....might be time to put something down on the run line...

Dont mean to hijack this, but how exactly do you read odds like that for a baseball game?

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 07:50 AM)
Dont mean to hijack this, but how exactly do you read odds like that for a baseball game?

-140 on the money line means you bet $140 that the Sox will win and if they do, you win $100 (plus get your 140 back).

+150 on the run line (run line gives the money line underdog (TB) a 1.5 run handicap) so in this case you bet $100 that the sox will win by more than 1.5 (so win by 2 or more) and if they win by 2+ then you win $150 (plus get your 100 back)

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 08:59 AM)
-140 on the money line means you bet $140 that the Sox will win and if they do, you win $100 (plus get your 140 back).

+150 on the run line (run line gives the money line underdog (TB) a 1.5 run handicap) so in this case you bet $100 that the sox will win by more than 1.5 (so win by 2 or more) and if they win by 2+ then you win $150 (plus get your 100 back)

Ah ok thanks.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 08:58 AM)
Weather supposed to hold up for this one?

(Please no lmgtfy links)

Weather.com says there is a 10-20% chance of rain, partly cloudy, and temps between 52-49 degrees.

Has there been any word on whether or not Dunn will be playing tonight? I know there was an article on whitesox.com that said he was eyeing a return on Friday. It seems doubtful that he'll be back that quickly, but I'll be in attendance tonight and would love to see him in the lineup.

QUOTE (hawksox13 @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 01:39 PM)
Has there been any word on whether or not Dunn will be playing tonight? I know there was an article on whitesox.com that said he was eyeing a return on Friday. It seems doubtful that he'll be back that quickly, but I'll be in attendance tonight and would love to see him in the lineup.

They said he may pinch hit, but honestly, he probably won't get playing time until the A's series.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 01:08 PM)
They said he may pinch hit, but honestly, he probably won't get playing time until the A's series.

Damn, that's what I kind of figured though. Thanks!