Sox vs BoSox Game Thread 5-31-11

Soxfest

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ May 31, 2011 -> 08:10 PM)
I follow these game threads from time to time and it sure seems like alot of Ozzie should have done this, KW should be fired for that. Ozzie f'd Humber. No he didn't. Who did you want him bring in with a 10-2 lead. You can't use Thornton, Crain, and Santos everyday. Here's a novel idea, how about Ohman do his job and get a lefty out? The Sox just won 2 in a row in Boston and people are b****ing about Bruney, a guy who is going to be here about a week.

that wasn't the point...the point being in games past Humber wouldn't have even gone out in the eighth...and bring in Gas Can Ohman with guys on 1st and 3rd. You KNEW they were gonna score. 10-1...bring him in at the start of the inning. Have no problem with Ohman...perfect spot for his worthless ass...not with 2 guys on. I had no problem with Bruney...

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 31, 2011 -> 11:23 PM)
We really can't be putting Rios and Dunn in the same lineup anymore. Besides those two, great offensive night.

Wat do u mean, Dunn was pretty good today, sure he didn't crank a HR or any ribbies but he got on base 4 out of 5 times. I agree that Rios flat out sucks.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 04:18 AM)
that wasn't the point...the point being in games past Humber wouldn't have even gone out in the eighth...and bring in Gas Can Ohman with guys on 1st and 3rd. You KNEW they were gonna score. 10-1...bring him in at the start of the inning. Have no problem with Ohman...perfect spot for his worthless ass...not with 2 guys on. I had no problem with Bruney...

So your guys problem was with Humber starting the 8th? I think that's a pretty lame thing to be mad about tonight.

Who cares if Ohman starts the inning versus 2 guys on with that big a lead?

People that blame the manager all the time and rarely blame players confuse me. Recently somebody on the game thread was saying Ohman was good again.

These relief pitchers are a joke. We can't even wrap up an easy blowout, had to make it interesting because of our rag-arms.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (kapzk @ May 31, 2011 -> 10:32 PM)
Wat do u mean, Dunn was pretty good today, sure he didn't crank a HR or any ribbies but he got on base 4 out of 5 times. I agree that Rios flat out sucks.

Lol, ok. I'm gonna wait until he puts a good swing on a ball to say he looked good. He had what, at least one walk on 4 pitches (that's bad pitching, not him working the count), a pop out on a pitch he should have clobbered, a HBP, and a weak ass grounder that got through because of the shift. I hate to be so critical, but he showed nothing today, except for the fact he didnt K. It's so discouraging to see him so late on low 90's fastballs.