Buehrle Signs with Marlins | 4 yrs $58 mil

southsider2k5

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 12:47 PM)
Greg, I can't believe anyone would want one of the most popular players in Sox history to go play for the Cubs.

Remember how Juan Pierre was the only thing that prevented Ted Lilly from no-hitting us?

It'd feel worse when Mark does it to us.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SI_JonHeyman

no no-trade clause in reyes deal. marlins simply dont do no-trade clauses. good to see a team that stands for something.

If they won't budge for Buehrle, I wouldn't be surprised if that was a deal-breaker for him going there.

Give the Nats a couple days. They'll come up with a 4th year, and the deal will get done.

Edited by flavum

I truly believe that coming back to the White Sox is in his best interest, provided of course we make an offer that is at least competitive. If he goes elsewhere, sure he'll be a hit for a couple months, but once the shine wears off he'll just be another guy. If he sticks with the White Sox.....dude is a legend. He's not a legend right now, but he's close to being statue worthy. This sounds ridiculous, but the cash value of legendary status is immeasurable. Endless promotional money, etc. If he has any monetary intelligence, he will keep this in mind.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 05:59 AM)
Garfien doesn't understand that if Buehrle came back to the Sox, he wouldn't need a no trade clause. Its automatic as a 5 and 10 guy.

It is really frustrating to see guys that get paid good money make those kind of mistakes.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 05:46 PM)
The Cubs line was lame.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 05:47 PM)
Greg, I can't believe anyone would want one of the most popular players in Sox history to go play for the Cubs.

1 and 2.) I want him to pitch for the White Sox desperately, but if we are too cheap (despite outrageous parking and ticket prices in baseball today) to keep him, I want him to stay where he belongs. In Chicago.

What's so bad about that?

He is a Chicago legend.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 02:00 PM)
1 and 2.) I want him to pitch for the White Sox desperately, but if we are too cheap (despite outrageous parking and ticket prices in baseball today) to keep him, I want him to stay where he belongs. In Chicago.

What's so bad about that?

He is a Chicago legend.

He's a White Sox legend.