Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Nov 3, 2012 -> 08:37 PM)
Are Oregon and USC playing a football version of a halfcourt basketball game? Everytime I look somebody's inside the opponent's 20 yard line. It's like they aren't using the whole field.

Stewart Mandel@slmandelNote that we still have not had a punt in this game by either team. (Though 4 turnovers and a missed FG).

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 3, 2012 -> 07:29 PM)
Being a hater has nothing to do with being right or wrong. I never said he was wrong about anything, but he is definitely a hater of Notre Dame, as are apparently a ton of people here.

I don't think most people are "haters" of Notre Dame, I think they're haters of the fan base. Notre Dame fans seem to think the past 20 years never happened, and that their team still matters. I could care less about their team, but living in Chicago and hearing their fans spout off like they've done something makes me root against them. It's the reason I root for them to lose every single game.

If they had won even 1 BCS bowl game they could brag. They haven't. In fact, every single time they played a good school in a bowl game since 95, they choked. That is not a reason to be cocky. And winning on a shady call against Stanford, and barely escaping Pitt is no reason to "spout off".

Edited by SexiAlexei

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Nov 3, 2012 -> 09:45 PM)
I don't think most people are "haters" of Notre Dame, I think they're haters of the fan base. Notre Dame fans seem to think the past 20 years never happened, and that their team still matters. I could care less about their team, but living in Chicago and hearing their fans spout off like they've done something makes me root against them. It's the reason I root for them to lose every single game.

If they had won even 1 BCS bowl game they could brag. They haven't. In fact, every single time they played a good school in a bowl game since 95, they choked. That is not a reason to be cocky. And winning on a shady call against Stanford, and barely escaping Pitt is no reason to "spout off".

Well said. In addition, my hatred towards their fans is that Chicago adopts them as their team despite being two hours away in Indiana. The NW side neighborhood I grew up in is full of people of Irish descent, who think the Fighting Irish is their team. Yet half those fans were lucky to sniff a high school diploma and Manti Teo isn't exactly Irish. f*** them.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 3, 2012 -> 06:51 PM)
All I needed today was Meyer to pull a sweater vest and sit on the ball. Instead the 3rd team ran the ball right down the field.

IU has a chance to be in the conference title game, the question is why dont any of their fans know that? Pathetic.

I thought Wanny was coaching Pitt there at the end, of course in ND fashion a couple of bounces (or flags) went their way. Should have smoked PItt anyway, they blow.

That's all you needed but lets face it you were WAY off on how that game was going to go. Had no business being close to covering. Were beyond terrible. We tried to warn you...

Just saw on twitter where Brad Edwards is saying it will be Alabama/K St/Oregon/ND when the BCS standings come out tomorrow, but that if all 4 go undefeated, it could be Alabama vs ND in the title game. How does this make sense given Oregon's tough schedule the rest of the way while ND's SOS will suffer due to BC and WF?

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 3, 2012 -> 11:56 PM)
Just saw on twitter where Brad Edwards is saying it will be Alabama/K St/Oregon/ND when the BCS standings come out tomorrow, but that if all 4 go undefeated, it could be Alabama vs ND in the title game. How does this make sense given Oregon's tough schedule the rest of the way while ND's SOS will suffer due to BC and WF?

I'm on his Twitter page right now. All he said is Kansas State's best chance to stay ahead of Oregon is if Notre Dame wins out too. He is on record as saying Notre Dame basically has no chance at finishing ahead of an undefeated Alabama, Oregon, or Kansas State. And as it should be, those three teams are all clearly better than Notre Dame.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Nov 4, 2012 -> 03:45 AM)

Yep. Their fanbase is indeed a bunch of morons who could not sniff a diploma.

However, ND now is extremely easy to hate on. Brian Kelly is perhaps the most despicable human being currently in college sports.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 4, 2012 -> 08:10 AM)
Yep. Their fanbase is indeed a bunch of morons who could not sniff a diploma.

However, ND now is extremely easy to hate on. Brian Kelly is perhaps the most despicable human being currently in college sports.

Yup, Brian Kelly is a lot of the reason for the hate.

I love how people sit here in this thread and talk about how annoying the Notre Dame Fan base is or that they're a bunch of "elitist."

The haters are just as bad. Give it a rest. Yeah some calls went ND's way, but the first 3Q ND couldn't buy a call on anything. The stanford play there was not enough evidence to overturn that call and the fact that this is even still a debate PROVES that. Not to mention if that is ruled a stanford touchdown they go into a 2OT not win like everyone seems to think.

Yes, I am a Notre Dame fan, but I don't sit here and post in this thread every week OMG ND IS UNDEFEATED TOLD YOU WE ARE THE BEST SUCK IT HATERS. So I believe my opinion that the Notre Dame Haters are just as annoying as the Notre Dame homers isn't just ND homerism. Anyone on this board who really doesn't give a f*** about ND probably believes the same.

If ND wins out and so does everyone else they probably won't play in the National Title and they shouldn't over Bama and KSU. But if Oregon wins out as well they should still be above them. I don't understand people who keep saying Oregon's hardest part of the schedule has still yet to come. Umm if they win out they'll beat Stanford, USC x2(most likely), and OSU. We've seen that OSU isn't the powerhouse they once were and ND already beat Stanford and will beat USC if they win out. Why should Oregon play in the National Title game over ND if they beat the same teams ND beat and played a weaker schedule outside of that?

See an ND fan using logic is possible.

Edited by kev211