The Pet Thread

iamshack

• 4 months later...

My dog is 7 and this winter has already been rougher on his paws than any other. The wax stuff isn't helping like past years. Ordering booties because I feel bad. He literally goes out, goes potty, then pulls me back in. Not getting any walks, which I don't hate because I'm lazy after work, but he needs his exercise since he's alone during the week so much.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 31, 2017 -> 09:55 AM)
My dog is 7 and this winter has already been rougher on his paws than any other. The wax stuff isn't helping like past years. Ordering booties because I feel bad. He literally goes out, goes potty, then pulls me back in. Not getting any walks, which I don't hate because I'm lazy after work, but he needs his exercise since he's alone during the week so much.

I have a five-month old puppy, and he is getting major cabin fever. Likewise with the paws, the salt/snow/cold is rough on them. Luckily he can play in the hallway of our apartment building, but that only entertains him for so long. We have boots (they look like deflated balloons), but still doesn't solve all the issues.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

We are getting a Cotralian (Cocker spaniel + Australian shepherd) in a couple of weeks. I've raised puppies before, but always while living at my parents, and while I had way more free time than I do now. It's overwhelming trying to think of all the things I need to get. The one I am curious about is stain remover. Any particular one you guys use? Obviously we are going to have quite a few accidents with our pup. Hopefully she keeps it off the carpet.

• 1 month later...

My family lost our little Pomeranian Misty today. Had her for three years now.

My older sister was taking the dogs out for a walk and a local dog, a mastiff who’s always loose and never on a leash, attacked her and the Pomeranians. She was able to save the boy but not Misty.

Very much in shock. 

Here’s my favorite picture of her. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Joshua Strong said:

My older sister was taking the dogs out for a walk and a local dog, a mastiff who’s always loose and never on a leash, attacked her and the Pomeranians. She was able to save the boy but not Misty.

Very much in shock. 

Sorry to hear this Joshua.  The same thing happened to my bosses dog when I was in college, they had a little schnauzer and she was out doing her business and the neighbor dog got out the front door and ran over and attacked with no provocation.   It was so sudden, my boss was in shock for a few weeks it seemed.   I hope that mastiff has been quarantined by animal control

It infuriates me when owners leave their dogs off leashes. So many times I have to pick up Fisk on walks when I see a dog running near us, because I don't know what is going to happen.

Condolences Josh.

• Like 1

God damn, that's awful Josh. And as the owner of the Mastiff, how can they even look you in the eye after that? I took my parent's Brittany to meet Santa last Xmas when my fiance worked at a vet clinic and when another dog passed by, my parent's dog lunged at the dog and nipped it's fur on it's back leg. The dog got scared and the owner just started lasers through me as she walked away. I was mortified and felt so embarrassed that she did that. I can't even fucking imagine if my dog ever did serious harm or especially killed someone else's pet. That's so sad to hear, especially when the owner is lazy and often lets it happen. UGH

• Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 11:52 PM, Joshua Strong said:

Very much in shock. 

I just saw this. How awful. My sincere condolences. I was at the park a few years ago with my dog and he and a mastiff started sniffing each other. My guy is a cavalier King Charles. Next thing I know, the mastiff has my dogs head in his mouth. I dove and was trying to pry his mouth open. Finally he let go. His owner said he was only playing. I wanted to punch him and have his dog put down. But I will never go to a park with my dog with other dogs present again. The weird thing is the mastiff was black. Now my dog barks at every black dog he sees. It could be a tiny little thing. I tell him he’s prejudice. But I am sure he was traumatized. 

• Like 1