2012-2013 NFL Thread

Don't know if it's been mentioned on American ESPN (I get Latin America's edition down here) but if the 49ers win on Sunday, a team of each NFC division will have won a SB the last four years. New Orleans from the South, Green Bay from the North and the Giants from the East.

Excuse this post if it already has been mentioned ad naseum on ESPN, which I imagine it has but just in case it hasn't...

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 11:30 AM)
Speaking of Favre, GoSox05, who in your opinion is/was the better QB? Prime Favre or current Rodgers?

Aaron Rodgers. What separates him from Favre is not turning the ball over.

Rodgers almost never throws it to the other team. He has only had one of passes brought back for a TD. It was in his first year, I think.

He only averages 9 INT a year over his career.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 11:39 AM)
The Packers won't win the NFC North for at least 3 years..

Because the 49ers will win it, right?

(oh, and if a personal friend made a bet for Packers vs field for NFC North next year, I'd take the Packers in a heartbeat)

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 11:37 AM)
Aaron Rodgers. What separates him from Favre is not turning the ball over.

Rodgers almost never throws it to the other team. He has only had one of passes brought back for a TD. It was in his first year, I think.

He only averages 9 INT a year over his career.

Prime Favre was a beast, killed us almost every time from the early 90s to the mid 2000s but yeah, I agree with your analysis. Rodgers just doesn't give you a chance at a pick. A really intelligent QB.

It's just so unfair that you guys go from Favre to Rodgers :angry: Even Majkowski (hope I spelled that correctly) and Dickey were decent QBs before Brett.

OTOH, had we drafted Rodgers, we probably would have ruined his career by now :lol:

Because the 49ers will win it, right?

(oh, and if a personal friend made a bet for Packers vs field for NFC North next year, I'd take the Packers in a heartbeat)

Packers D sucks!! I bet the Vikings take the NFC North next season.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 11:54 AM)
Aaron Rodgers doesn't play RB.. Packers have no running game

Neither did they when they won the superbowl. Or, since Aaron Rodgers has been QB.

Jennings and Driver were relative non factors this season. It was all about James Jones, Jeordie Nelson and Randall Cobb

Who's hating on the Packers? Its an opinion.

Packers D sucks

they have no running game

will lose 2 Wr's (Jennings and Driver)

But their offense is so good that even a little bit of improvement from their D and they are SB favorites again next year. The Vikings have a bigger hill to climb, they have a decent D, great running back and average QB at best. If the Bears can mantain their D and improve our O, we have a better shot than the Vikes but GB should be favored to win the North again.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

Minus the playoff game vs the 49ers, the Packers defense was solid this year. They were better this year then last year and I expect them to better next year.

Who cares about a running game. It's a passing league. Besides that, the Packers running game got better as the year went on. They also had to use 6 running backs because of injury.

Driver did nothing this year and Jennings was hurt most of the year. Rodgers still threw 39 touchdowns.

Who's hating on the Packers? Its an opinion.

Packers D sucks

they have no running game

will lose 2 Wr's (Jennings and Driver)

They lose 1 receiver, and he was hurt all year anyways. Donald Driver had like 8 catches this year - he doesn't count.

Also, D sucks? Are you just saying s*** to say s***? 11th in points, 11th in total yards, 4th in sacks, 11th in interceptions.

Aaron Rodgers doesn't play RB.. Packers have no running game

But you can certainly still run a diverse offense passing even 70% of the time, can't you? Short, medium, deep, left, middle, right. If you run, you can't just "run long."

Unless, of course, you're referencing their incredible rushing attack from this season, a year in which they when they won the NFC North.

We're not talking about the Super Bowl here. We're talking about beating the Bears, Vikings, and Lions. They can (and will) do that.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 11:59 AM)
Minus the playoff game vs the 49ers, the Packers defense was solid this year. They were better this year then last year and I expect them to better next year.

Who cares about a running game. It's a passing league. Besides that, the Packers running game got better as the year went on. They also had to use 6 running backs because of injury.

Driver did nothing this year and Jennings was hurt most of the year. Rodgers still threw 39 touchdowns.

STOP USING FACTS

The Packers D looked really bad against Viks. How many yds did they give up to Peterson?

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:07 PM)
The Packers D looked really bad against Viks. How many yds did they give up to Peterson?

A lot of yards. To the guy that almost broke the single season record for rushing.

It happens, ask every other team in the NFL.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 11:59 AM)

Maybe if Favre played in an era where you couldn't play defense against wide receivers he'd have shown better?