Sox @ Cubs 5/19 game thread

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ May 19, 2012 -> 12:50 PM)
I missed yesterday's game thread. Seems like the board was live, too. I thought it would be a Soxtalk meltdown when Samarsklfkjb hit Konerko in the face.

There are 1 or 2 that are still in meltdown mode. I think the proper punishment for Samardzija was supposed to be assassination or something like that

The Cubs acquired minor league catcher Koyie Hill from Cincinnati on Saturday for cash considerations.

Hill will be available for tonight's game.

The Cubs are also bringing up Randy Wells from Triple-A Iowa to be available out of the bullpen.

Hill, the former Cubs catcher, was purchased to share the catching position with Welington Castillo while Geovany Soto rehabs from knee surgery. He was hitting .195 at Double-A Pensacola, after signing a minor league contract with the Reds. Blake Lalli remains on the roster for now

Transactions

QUOTE (flavum @ May 19, 2012 -> 02:23 PM)
De Aza cf, Beckham 2b, Dunn 1B, Viciedo LF, Pierzynski C, Rios RF, Ramirez ss, Escobar 3B, Danks P

I have a good feeling about Danks tonight for some reason.

Robin showing some confidence in Dayan, inserting him into the 4th spot.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 19, 2012 -> 02:23 PM)
De Aza cf, Beckham 2b, Dunn 1B, Viciedo LF, Pierzynski C, Rios RF, Ramirez ss, Escobar 3B, Danks P

I have a good feeling about Danks tonight for some reason.

Big game Danks!*

*based on Game 163 only

:P

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 19, 2012 -> 09:58 PM)
The meathead in me thinks, go with fuk against his old team against the slider pitcher I do not think dyan is a good fit

I was actually going to suggest Fukudome for Rios, but I saw that Rios is 2-3 in his career vs Dempster

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 19, 2012 -> 07:12 PM)
Chance everyone will get to hear the beautiful voice of Hillary Clinton.

Oh Hell.

I loved watching an "Americas coal companies" political action committee ad including footage from Occupy Wall Street rallies.