2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 1, 2013 -> 10:14 PM)
always a caveat and excuse in everything you say J4L. The rules were different, this guy was injured, the team was bad this time, but but but but but but

Not at all. I said before the playoffs that there was no scenario outside of a big injury that the Heat could be beat. A 10-year old can clearly see Wade ain't right and hasn't been right for a while.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Bosh last three games: FG - 5/21 (23.8%), PPG - 6.3, RPG - 4.0

We know what Wade's issues are. But what the f*** is wrong with Bosh? Those are NBDL numbers. Cavs fans should be ecstatic right now. LeBron/Irving has never looked more realistic.

Edited by Jordan4life

Well, Dwight Hibbert used the word "homo" in his post-game press conference last night. Let's see if the entire world gets on him the way they got on LeBron for using the word "retarded" in describing a question (that was indeed f***ing retarded) in a press conference two years ago.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 2, 2013 -> 01:44 AM)
Well, Dwight Hibbert used the word "homo" in his post-game press conference last night. Let's see if the entire world gets on him the way they got on LeBron for using the word "retarded" in describing a question (that was indeed f***ing retarded) in a press conference two years ago.

Wait...didn't see it.

What the f*** did he say?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 2, 2013 -> 02:40 AM)
Wait...didn't see it.

What the f*** did he say?

first he called reporters motherf***ers because they don't watch him play during the year

then he was talking about having paul george's back and said no homo, and cracked himself up

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 1, 2013 -> 10:21 PM)
Not at all. I said before the playoffs that there was no scenario outside of a big injury that the Heat could be beat. A 10-year old can clearly see Wade ain't right and hasn't been right for a while.

Oh really? Was this an excuse/caveat after you watched the first game? Because prior to the first game you sounded a lot like this

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 18, 2013 -> 09:54 PM)
Welp, congrats to the three-time eastern conference champion Heat. I thought maybe with their 3-point shooting that the Knicks could get hot (kinda like the Mavs in '11) and possibly shock the world. Pacers? Boring. Heat in 5.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 18, 2013 -> 10:34 PM)
NY was 3-1 against Miami (though one of those wins were with 'bron, pants, and chalmers out). Yeah, I know. Regular season means nothing, etc. On paper, Knicks matched up much better. Indiana is a worse version of Memphis.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 18, 2013 -> 10:35 PM)
No. That would be J.R. Smith. Interior scoring? Who? Hibbert? lol. He sucks. He's fat and slow. This is the ONLY time you'll get me to agree with booqua. Hibbert is good by today's big man standards. That's it. Unless they hit a s*** load of 3's? That was my point. That's exactly what they do. They only set records for makes and takes on a very good 37% from the field. I'll take my chances with that over Roy Hibbert show.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 18, 2013 -> 10:58 PM)
They don't "chuck" threes. They hit a a ton of them on a well above league average percentage. I don't know what the numbers were against Indiana. I'm sure the numbers were down. Point is still the same. We saw Dallas beat the Heat playing a similar style. Would the Knicks have won? Hell no. I would've given them a 10% chance at best. You can't even come up with a realistic scenario for this boring ass, big 10-like, crap Pacer team. That's all I was saying. s*** is over before it even starts.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 18, 2013 -> 12:01 AM)
Like Steve's sources, I would like to be spectacularly wrong. I just can't come up with a realistic scenario, outside of injury, in which they lose 4 times in a series.

This is well before the playoffs. Wade is averaging like 12 ppg in the playoffs. Thank you. Now get off me.

Edited by Jordan4life

I posted this on Facebook prior to the series starting.

"I think Hibbert and West will cause some interesting issues for the Heat. Wade is on one leg. If Paul George steps up, the Pacers have a chance."

Hibbert vs Heat 2012 semifinals: FG% - 47.5, PPG -12.5, RPG -11.5

Hibbert vs Heat 2012 semifinals last 3 games (all losses): FG% - 44%, PPG -10.0, RPG - 9.6

This, along with his pedestrian career averages (sans blocks), is the Roy Hibbert I know. I'm a numbers guy. I don't do twtw. Hibbert's done nothing in his career that would suggest he could go on this type of explosion. So kill all that "haha, I told you" nonsense. This is Mike Bibby 2002 conference finals at the moment.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 2, 2013 -> 10:39 AM)

Hibbert vs Heat 2012 semifinals last 3 games (all losses): FG% - 44%, PPG -10.0, RPG - 9.6

This, along with his pedestrian career averages (sans blocks), is the Roy Hibbert I know. I'm a numbers guy. I don't do twtw. Hibbert's done nothing in his career that would suggest he could go on this type of explosion. So kill all that "haha, I told you" nonsense. This is Mike Bibby 2002 conference finals at the moment.

But we did tell you. And you said "haha you are wrong. Heat are bestest than e'rybody but Kobe because Kobe scored 81 once and that makes him more cold blooded than all snakes except black mambas because that's what he is. heat in 5"

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 2, 2013 -> 10:39 AM)

Yes, but the game is evolving. That's why centers have disappeared. Oh, wait.....

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jun 2, 2013 -> 11:30 AM)
Yes, but the game is evolving. That's why centers have disappeared. Oh, wait.....

I would think somebody like you would be praying this is a fluke. If this is really the new Hibbert (I don't think it is) and Howard reverts back to being dominant over a year removed from back surgery, boom, there's two elite centers right there. That's all you 90's geeks have. Anthony Davis will be running the position soon as well. Every other position? Not even a contest.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 2, 2013 -> 11:44 AM)
I would think somebody like you would be praying this is a fluke. If this is really the new Hibbert (I don't think it is) and Howard reverts back to being dominant over a year removed from back surgery, boom, there's two elite centers right there. That's all you 90's geeks have. Anthony Davis will be running the position soon as well. Every other position? Not even a contest.

Lol, not at all. The better he does, the better my point looks. Is hibbert as good as Ewing? Is he as good as Hakeem, Robinson, Shaquille, mourning, and mutombo? Dude, this kills your theory. Roy hibbert and Dwight Howard are what you're hanging your hat on? Seriously?

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jun 2, 2013 -> 11:48 AM)
Lol, not at all. The better he does, the better my point looks. Is hibbert as good as Ewing? Is he as good as Hakeem, Robinson, Shaquille, mourning, and mutombo? Dude, this kills your theory. Roy hibbert and Dwight Howard are what you're hanging your hat on? Seriously?

If Hibbert can do what he's doing now over a full season? Uh, yeah. Give me healthy Dwight over Mourning and Mutombo without hesitation.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 2, 2013 -> 11:50 AM)
If Hibbert can do what he's doing now over a full season? Uh, yeah. Give me healthy Dwight over Mourning and Mutombo without hesitation.

Lol, okay.

Sometimes I forget who I'm talking to. Paul George is a more athletic Scottie pippen.

Edited by Boogua

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 2, 2013 -> 11:44 AM)

Um, no. Shooting guard is 3 guys deep, and that includes two injured guys. There's a HUGE drop-off after Harden, Kobe and Wade. Small forward isn't significantly better either. Obviously you have two freaks and Melo, but that's about it for star-caliber players. Paul George is right there, but using your Hibbert logic, he averaged 17 PPG while shooting 41% in his best year so he can't possibly be a difference maker. I think you must have forgotten that power forward is a position as well.

Point guard is loaded and Lebron and Durant are awesome. Big men in general are terrible though and there's a real shortage on wings that can take over a game right now.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 2, 2013 -> 12:45 PM)
Um, no. Shooting guard is 3 guys deep, and that includes two injured guys. There's a HUGE drop-off after Harden, Kobe and Wade. Small forward isn't significantly better either. Obviously you have two freaks and Melo, but that's about it for star-caliber players. Paul George is right there, but using your Hibbert logic, he averaged 17 PPG while shooting 41% in his best year so he can't possibly be a difference maker. I think you must have forgotten that power forward is a position as well.

Point guard is loaded and Lebron and Durant are awesome. Big men in general are terrible though and there's a real shortage on wings that can take over a game right now.

He's a lost cause.