2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 08:27 AM)
For the second part, LeBron losing his headband is already forgotten about - it was just funny. No one anywhere is going to compare this to the flu game or Kirk Gibson on one leg.

followed by

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 01:52 PM)
Can we get back to the real debate here? Should Lebron where a headband or not?! Someone start a poll.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 01:59 PM)
Don't you worry, they asked him in a media session just 30 minutes ago - and the headband will be worn!

WHAT THE f*** DID I TELL YOU!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 02:29 PM)
Well, sarcasm =/= for seriously.

I was being super cereal too

EDIT: the second time. I may have been fighting a mini-hangover early this morning

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 03:49 PM)
I so can't wait to get drunk tonight.

The past week and a half has not been easy on my liver, but I'll fight through. There's no way I'm not drinking tonight for the game tonight, and it starts an hour earlier too.

Michael Jordan would never deliberately defer to another player down the stretch unless he was double or triple-teamed.

Even then, doubtful.

Spoelstra has a difficult situation, dealing with an aging/deteriorating Wade who still feels he's a Top 5-10 player in the league when his skills have slipped. Not like Larry Johnson, but more of a gradual erosion over time.

OTOH, you just don't see him benching Wade for significant periods of time to spread out the floor and let James operate more as the general of the offense, drawing coverage by penetrating and then kicking it out to the perimeter.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 04:47 PM)
Michael Jordan would never deliberately defer to another player down the stretch unless he was double or triple-teamed.

Even then, doubtful.

Spoelstra has a difficult situation, dealing with an aging/deteriorating Wade who still feels he's a Top 5-10 player in the league when his skills have slipped. Not like Larry Johnson, but more of a gradual erosion over time.

OTOH, you just don't see him benching Wade for significant periods of time to spread out the floor and let James operate more as the general of the offense, drawing coverage by penetrating and then kicking it out to the perimeter.

Yes you do. You saw it last night

Donald Sterling must sign off on the trade for Doc Rivers and Kevin Garnett before the two teams can finalize the deal, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

As constructed, the trade would send DeAndre Jordan and two first round picks to the Celtics in exchange for Kevin Garnett and Doc Rivers. Technically Rivers wouldn't be a part of the trade, but the draft picks are compensation to Boston for letting Rivers out of his contract. If and when the trade is finalized, Rivers is expected to sign a five-year, $35 million deal with the Clippers, the same contract he previously signed with the Celtics.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 10:39 AM)
The dude must have a monster dong or something.

Or he is a big glutton for media punishment. If he thought Chicago was rough on him, wait until Boston gets a hold of him

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 11:57 AM)
Who said anything about Pierce? I haven't heard his name??

Rumor is he is following them out there

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ts-a-long-shot/

There's a rising belief around the NBA that Doc, KG & Pierce all want to carry on as a trio in Clipperland if they can't roll on in Boston—

Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) June 15, 2013

There's a rising belief that Derrick Rose will return just after the All-Star Break. There's a rising belief Derrick Rose will return for the Nuggets game. There's a rising belief that Derrick Rose will return for the playoffs. There's a rising belief that Derrick Rose will return for the Heat series. There's a rising belief that Derrick Rose will return if the Bulls get to Game 6. There's a rising belief that rising belief is bulls***.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 20, 2013 -> 12:14 PM)
There's a rising belief that Derrick Rose will return just after the All-Star Break. There's a rising belief Derrick Rose will return for the Nuggets game. There's a rising belief that Derrick Rose will return for the playoffs. There's a rising belief that Derrick Rose will return for the Heat series. There's a rising belief that Derrick Rose will return if the Bulls get to Game 6. There's a rising belief that rising belief is bulls***.

I believe I read all of this on flapship :P

Besides, they dont want to have to trade for Pierce, they want to sign him if he becomes a FA

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9404760/...lks-sources-say

The arrivals of Garnett and Rivers would be the first steps in the Clippers' plan to clinch Paul's signature on a new deal in July. As ESPN.com reported last week, L.A. also intends to make every attempt to sign Paul Pierce away from the Celtics as well if it's successful in acquiring Garnett and Rivers, although that likely depends on Pierce's ability to join Paul in free agency July 1.