How many times..

JoshPR

Manuel is a MORON and a fake. Ohh thomas will start at First on the Road trip Well how many times did he??? Yeah like Paul GIDP Slownerko is really Burning it up..

Jerry your a MOron plain and simple

I don't think Manuel has a choice. Frank needs to play 1st base. He's horrible defensively but we gotta do what we gotta do. We're not gonna win anything without a productive Frank Thomas...

IMO, PK is the worst player this season for our team.

He hit .180 in first half, tight now he is with .230 and has 20 something GIDP. He has more DPs than homeruns.

Just thinking that he has a huge contract and will be here for more years, get me sick.

Worst is to think that JM continues to play him after a .180 first half. I dont care if he is hitting .350 since the break, he sucks. He is slow, doesnt take walks, is always a danger for our team when he will bat with the bases loaded (he will GIDP).

I'm sick of this guy.

Me neither. Gonna be funny to hear all the excuses on here for Frank if JM does move him to first base and then his average still doesn't go up.

I can at least see the argument between Kong and Frank(they both do some things well but both also have serious flaws) but why Start Daubach at 1st when sitting Konerko and yet still playing Frank at DH?

I can at least see the argument between Kong and Frank(they both do some things well but both also have serious flaws) but why Start Daubach at 1st when sitting Konerko and yet still playing Frank at DH?

That I cannot understand. You'd have to ask our wonderful >.500 during his tenure here manager the answer to that question :rolleyes: .

Me neither. Gonna be funny to hear all the excuses on here for Frank if JM does move him to first base and then his average still doesn't go up.

And if he moves back to first and hits .350 like he did earlier in the year, it'll be funny to hear you try to convince us that it's "just a coincidence". :rolleyes:

I'm completely confident with 38 games left in the season, Thomas won't come close to .350 let alone .300 if JM plays him at 1B.

No, I don't mean .350 for the season (that would be impossible)...I mean if Frank moves to 1B for 10 or 15 games, he could very well hit .350 over that stretch.

No, I don't mean .350 for the season (that would be impossible)...I mean if Frank moves to 1B for 10 or 15 games, he could very well hit .350 over that stretch.

ID bet on it. His futile hitting from the DH is just mental...........aka on purpose.

Hurt made some kind of comment concerning his hitting at home vs on the road. He said that one of the advantages of being at home was the fact he could go down to the cage between innings and there was always someone there to throw to him, keep himself focused. So, from the sound of his quote, focus is the problem. If getting in the cage helps his hitting by re-focusing him off of his last at-bat, wouldn't/hasn't playing in the field accomplished the same thing? I think it's more than just coincidence. It's irresponsible of a manager not to exploit an advantage that has yet to be proven a fluke but has instead, over the course of his career, been proven as a rule.

Hurt made some kind of comment concerning his hitting at home vs on the road.  He said that one of the advantages of being at home was the fact he could go down to the cage between innings and there was always someone there to throw to him, keep himself focused.  So, from the sound of his quote, focus is the problem.  If getting in the cage helps his hitting by re-focusing him off of his last at-bat, wouldn't/hasn't playing in the field accomplished the same thing?  I think it's more than just coincidence.  It's irresponsible of a manager not to exploit an advantage that has yet to be proven a fluke but has instead, over the course of his career, been proven as a rule.

Indeed.

He's not the same pathetic hitter now that he was in the first half.  Those GIDP's won't ever come off the books, but he has been productive since the break.  That's why he needs to be in the line up.

Let's see: in July he had a .342 AVG, .372 OBP, 7 HR, 24 RBIs.

In August: .259 AVG, .305 OBP, 2 HRs, 8 RBIs.

Pre All-Star: .197 AVG, .267 OBP, 5 HRs, 22 RBIs. 14 GIDP!!!

Post All-Star: .305 AVG, .342 OBP, 7 HRs, 27 RBIs. 6 GIDP!!!

Definitely, seeing this numbers, he is one-month hitter. He is getting back to his mediocre hitter that he was before the break.

He just has one month good.

Daubach should be geting more play time, in DH and Frank in 1B.