The First Annual Steve9347 b**** about your Fantasy Teams here

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 02:15 PM)
I'm the Commish of a standard Yahoo! FF league. Today, I locked the rosters of the non-playoff teams because some owners were still adding/dropping players despite the fact that there were no more games left to play. One owner is really upset, claiming he paid his league fees for 16 weeks of FF, not just 13 and that if a playoff team wanted the player they could pick him up first (which isn't really true if it is off waivers).

I made an exception for potential keepers. We have a system were you can keep a player depending on the round in which they were drafted, so there is some value in picking up hurt star players or potential up and comers.

My view is that their season is over by virtue of not making the playoffs. The owners still playing have a chance to win some decent money, and they shouldn't be shortchanged by some bored owner picking up and dropping random players.

Any thoughts? Anyone disagree with my decision?

I agree that their rosters should probably be locked if there is nothing left to play for (if you have a consolation bracket, that is something left to play for).

However, if this was not established at the start of the season then you probably shouldn't be changing things around

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 01:15 PM)
I'm the Commish of a standard Yahoo! FF league. Today, I locked the rosters of the non-playoff teams because some owners were still adding/dropping players despite the fact that there were no more games left to play. One owner is really upset, claiming he paid his league fees for 16 weeks of FF, not just 13 and that if a playoff team wanted the player they could pick him up first (which isn't really true if it is off waivers).

I made an exception for potential keepers. We have a system were you can keep a player depending on the round in which they were drafted, so there is some value in picking up hurt star players or potential up and comers.

My view is that their season is over by virtue of not making the playoffs. The owners still playing have a chance to win some decent money, and they shouldn't be shortchanged by some bored owner picking up and dropping random players.

I disagree with locking them entirely because of the idea of injured players as keepers, but I get that that's not possible, so gun to my head, I think locking the rosters is the best. If there is public outcry about not being able to claim an injured player, just shoulder it and do the waiver claims manually. No reason they should be adding active players though.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. We didn't state this at the start of the season, so I'm in the wrong there. There is no consolation bracket, so there is literally nothing going on for those non-playoff teams. I made it clear that I would happily process (manually) adds for keeper purposes.

In my league everyone still has to win a chance to win money, even teams out of the playoffs. The playoff winner obviously wins the $3k and the authentic Hulk Hogan championship belt, but the team with the highest accumulative points for the last 3 weeks wins a prize of $1k as well. Last year the last place team in our league won the prize for most points in the last 3 weeks combined.

As far as keepers go, you can keep anyone on your roster as long as they were drafted in the 3rd round or above. When you decide to keep someone, you MUST draft them 2 spots ahead of where you drafted them the year before. I.E. Danny Amendola drafted in the 13th round this year, next years draft you pick him up in the 11th. Then every season after that you only have to draft them one spot ahead of the previous years spot. Also rookies that are drafted may be kept in the round in which they were drafted in.

3 weeks ago in desperate need of a WR, I traded Stafford (I have RG3) for Denarius Moore, thinking he was about to go off. Now he is on my bench in the playoffs. Luckily I snagged Danario Alexander off waivers then too. (I bet Moore scores tonight because I posted this)

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 04:19 PM)
In my league everyone still has to win a chance to win money, even teams out of the playoffs. The playoff winner obviously wins the $3k and the authentic Hulk Hogan championship belt, but the team with the highest accumulative points for the last 3 weeks wins a prize of $1k as well. Last year the last place team in our league won the prize for most points in the last 3 weeks combined.

As far as keepers go, you can keep anyone on your roster as long as they were drafted in the 3rd round or above. When you decide to keep someone, you MUST draft them 2 spots ahead of where you drafted them the year before. I.E. Danny Amendola drafted in the 13th round this year, next years draft you pick him up in the 11th. Then every season after that you only have to draft them one spot ahead of the previous years spot. Also rookies that are drafted may be kept in the round in which they were drafted in.

What's your buy-in

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 04:30 PM)
3 weeks ago in desperate need of a WR, I traded Stafford (I have RG3) for Denarius Moore, thinking he was about to go off. Now he is on my bench in the playoffs. Luckily I snagged Danario Alexander off waivers then too. (I bet Moore scores tonight because I posted this)

I dropped Moore last week. And with Amendola and Harvin's injury plus Antonio Brown being not yet at 100% I'm now starting Alexander and TY Hilton. Ugh.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 03:35 PM)
What's your buy-in

500 bucks per team. It started off at $100 per team but as time passed and my buddies all became business owners theyve been upping the price each season, almost pricing me out lol. Thankfully the commish is one of my best buds and he lets me pay in installments.

Ok here is my dilemma. In the talkbears cash league I have Brady and RG3. I drafted Brady in the first round and grabbed RG3 late because its a keeper league and you lose the round before the one you drafted the player in the previous year, which is why I didnt trade RG3 at any point. I considered trading Brady but wanted to see more out of RG3 and wasnt getting much value with any offers. Also, passing tds are worth 6.

Ive started Brady the entire season despite RG3 being ranked higher than him in a few odd weeks. Now that the playoffs are here I have Brady going against Houston at home which might be a tough matchup. I have to keep going with Brady dont I? Wouldnt it be a little much to bench my first round pick for the first time in the playoffs? RG3s matchup isnt great either against Baltimore.

Then in another league, this isnt the playoffs yet in this league, should I bench Fitz for either Lloyd or Maclin? Or I suppose I could use Pettigrew as the WR/TE flex spot over Fitz also. Fitz has killed me most of the season so I wonder if anyone else has cut their losses with him yet.

Edited by DrunkBomber

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 04:52 PM)
Ok here is my dilemma. In the talkbears cash league I have Brady and RG3. I drafted Brady in the first round and grabbed RG3 late because its a keeper league and you lose the round before the one you drafted the player in the previous year, which is why I didnt trade RG3 at any point. I considered trading Brady but wanted to see more out of RG3 and wasnt getting much value with any offers. Also, passing tds are worth 6.

Ive started Brady the entire season despite RG3 being ranked higher than him in a few odd weeks. Now that the playoffs are here I have Brady going against Houston at home which might be a tough matchup. I have to keep going with Brady dont I? Wouldnt it be a little much to bench my first round pick for the first time in the playoffs? RG3s matchup isnt great either against Baltimore.

Then in another league, this isnt the playoffs yet in this league, should I bench Fitz for either Lloyd or Maclin? Or I suppose I could use Pettigrew as the WR/TE flex spot over Fitz also. Fitz has killed me most of the season so I wonder if anyone else has cut their losses with him yet.

Arizona in Seattle, I'd go with Pettigrew over Fitz. Pettigrew has been getting tons of targets and has consistently been in the 10-14 range in PPR leagues.

As for Brady vs RG3, that's tough. Houston is good defense but it's Brady. I'm in a league with 6 points for passing TDs too and I have RG3 and Aaron Rodgers. I'm going to start RG3 this week. Baltimore defense has not been great recently and RG3 has running ability that gets cheap points.

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 01:15 PM)

If this was a single-season, I'd say locking is OK.

Since it's a keeper league, you absolutely can't keep guys from picking up players.

If someone turns into an idiot and wants to drop superstars for kicks, just lock that team and put the players back on the roster as to not ruin the integrity of the league. Then kick that person out for next year.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 7, 2012 -> 10:40 AM)
Finally get a decent (not even good) game from mcfadden, and dude injures himself. I'm in the playoffs, so no guarantee i even move on, but very annoyed.

you cant tell me you didnt expect that

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 7, 2012 -> 06:24 PM)
you cant tell me you didnt expect that

I was just hoping to get a few good games out of him this year. I got 2 "average" games. I can't believe an exclusive back with good hands has as few points as he has. But watching their games, they don't utilize him well at all anymore.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 7, 2012 -> 12:57 PM)
I was just hoping to get a few good games out of him this year. I got 2 "average" games. I can't believe an exclusive back with good hands has as few points as he has. But watching their games, they don't utilize him well at all anymore.

It doesnt help that Palmer is clueless