2012-2013 Sox off season Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 9, 2012 -> 03:17 PM)
Dead people would have been better than some of the players that were thrown out there from 2006-2009.

Too bad the manager in those years felt he needed a hitter in that spot instead of a guy that could play the position. Especially in 2006, when all but 2 everyday hitters were hitting .275 or higher(with at least 4 over .300) a good chunk of the season.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 9, 2012 -> 02:19 PM)
To add to the list.....

Mike Moustakas

Chase Headley

Jedd Gyorko

Adrian Beltre

Ryan Zimmerman

Hanley Ramirez

Pedro Alvarez

David Freese

Brett Lawrie

Edwin Encarnacion

Anthony Rendon

Nolan Arenado

Kyle Seager

There you go. There are about 13 players that I would consider significant upgrades at the 3B position. Any stop-gap or fringy 3B would disappoint.

Lol, no.

What do you mean "Lol, no"

Your list is ridiculous and totally unrealistic for so many reasons it isnt even funny. You managed to name off top prospects, arb controlled young really good players, inter division rival top prospects, and one of the best fielding third basemen of the last 5 years and act like they are just readily available.

Im sorry man, but prepare for disappoint

Lol, no.

If you think we can acquire ANY of those players, save Gyorko or MAYBE Seager, than you have been playing too much Nintendo baseball. I mean, seriously, try to come up with a realistic trade scenario for ANY of those players that doesn't include Chris Sale.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 9, 2012 -> 04:43 PM)
What do you mean "Lol, no"

Your list is ridiculous and totally unrealistic for so many reasons it isnt even funny. You managed to name off top prospects, arb controlled young really good players, inter division rival top prospects, and one of the best fielding third basemen of the last 5 years and act like they are just readily available.

Im sorry man, but prepare for disappoint

I didn't say any were readily available or in any way likely. I said those are the only players I'd be happy with getting to upgrade 3B.

Calm down.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Nov 9, 2012 -> 05:39 PM)
If you think we can acquire ANY of those players, save Gyorko or MAYBE Seager, than you have been playing too much Nintendo baseball. I mean, seriously, try to come up with a realistic trade scenario for ANY of those players that doesn't include Chris Sale.

My god you people are touchy. I didn't say we could acquire any of them, I said I those are the guys we could get that I would consider a viable upgrade I would be happy with.

Calm it down a notch.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 9, 2012 -> 08:20 PM)
My god you people are touchy. I didn't say we could acquire any of them, I said I those are the guys we could get that I would consider a viable upgrade I would be happy with.

Calm it down a notch.

actually Joe, you did. When they it was said that most of them except Maybe Gyorko were untouchable, you responded with "LOL, no". Not "well this is a list of players i consider a viable upgrade"

Calm down when you make dumb lists.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 9, 2012 -> 11:15 PM)
actually Joe, you did. When they it was said that most of them except Maybe Gyorko were untouchable, you responded with "LOL, no". Not "well this is a list of players i consider a viable upgrade"

Calm down when you make dumb lists.

Yeah, "LOL no" as in there are no untouchable players except Mike Trout and maybe Bryce Harper.

It's not a dumb list, it's an opinion of what I'd consider a significant upgrade.

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 9, 2012 -> 11:01 PM)
Yeah, "LOL no" as in there are no untouchable players except Mike Trout and maybe Bryce Harper.

It's not a dumb list, it's an opinion of what I'd consider a significant upgrade.

So Miguel Cabrera would not be a significant upgrade in your opinion?

Edited by Leonard Zelig

Ah, so when discussing possibilities of upgrades for the Sox, we all should just name the top 5 prospects and players at their positions. Got ya.

If it isn't realistic, and you know that, then it is an intentional waste of everyone else's time. Classy.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 10, 2012 -> 07:48 AM)
If it isn't realistic, and you know that, then it is an intentional waste of everyone else's time. Classy.

Aw man, your feelings are hurt like mine now too. We should calm down.

Heyman and Rosenthal both have mentioned the last couple days that the White Sox are trying to sign Youkilis. Dodgers and Phillies also mentioned. With the Red Sox signing of David Ross, I would love to see the Sox go after Saltamacchia. He is reportedly available.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 10, 2012 -> 12:43 PM)
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Sources: Hunter prefers to play every day. Ten teams have contacted him, including #Dodgers, #Tigers, #WhiteSox, #Rangers, #Mariners.

Anyone still interested in Torii Hunter in a Sox uni?

Even if the White Sox really want him, how do they add him IF they aren't increasing payroll by much? I'm assuming he's going to cost close to $10 million a season, right? If the White Sox have something like 8 or 9 guys at about 90 million already and plan on keeping the payroll at about 100-110, I'm not seeing how they can do this, unless they have plans to shake up the offense with some surprising/unexpected moves.

Last season: .313 avg, 16 HR, 92 RBI, 9 SB, .817 OPS

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 10, 2012 -> 01:43 PM)
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Sources: Hunter prefers to play every day. Ten teams have contacted him, including #Dodgers, #Tigers, #WhiteSox, #Rangers, #Mariners.

Anyone still interested in Torii Hunter in a Sox uni?

How much money is he set to make being a 37 year old? If Rios or Tank are traded I wouldn't mind it, last year he hit over .300 vs. both LHP & RHP so thats a plus.

I've been preaching adding only LH bats but I guess its moot if the RH bat can hit both LH and RH pitchers.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Nov 10, 2012 -> 01:58 PM)
How much money is he set to make being a 37 year old? If Rios or Tank are traded I wouldn't mind it, last year he hit over .300 vs. both LHP & RHP so thats a plus.

I've been preaching adding only LH bats but I guess its moot if the RH bat can hit both LH and RH pitchers.

Hunter would be a good stop gap until the next wave of Sox OFers are (hopefully) ready.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 10, 2012 -> 08:42 AM)
Ah, so when discussing possibilities of upgrades for the Sox, we all should just name the top 5 prospects and players at their positions. Got ya.

Sure, go for it. And you won't see me crying like a baby about it either. Is my word gospel or something? Did I just print this in a book you just purchased? I don't know why some list I made up is such a big deal to you and others. Maybe just ignore it instead of starting some petty argument? It's a novel idea, I know.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 10, 2012 -> 08:48 AM)

Yep, ya got me! It was just a big plan to spark a debate about who some people would like to see on the team vs. others. Nothing getting past you and your investigative skills. Foiled again!

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 10, 2012 -> 12:01 AM)

Im pretty sure I just saw you get on other posters because they were talking about Headley and you said he was "untouchable".

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 10, 2012 -> 02:59 PM)
Guys, Headley is untouchable. Stop intentionally sabotaging this thread by mentioning untouchable players.

Yep

Edited by Carter224

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Nov 10, 2012 -> 03:15 PM)
Im pretty sure I just saw you get on other posters because they were talking about Headley and you said he was "untouchable".

Yep

Calm down. wait, I mean Lol No