Uribe?

rowand's rowdies

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 12:32 PM)
I don't think anyone is suggesting this at all. You are bringing in someone to strengthen the bench. LA fans may hate Uribe but when he was here the players ssaw him a sa great team player. If we don't ever consider signing Juan Uribe I am fine with that too.

Nothing about what Uribe has done the last two seasons strengthens any part of a Major League Baseball team's roster for 2013.

Ok then let's sign Contreras for the bullpen, Scotty pods as a 4th outfielder and maybe we sould look on what softball field Chris Widger is playing on so he can backup flowers...... ;)

Edited by JoshPR

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 02:47 PM)
Bring in Uribe and trade Keppinger for a reliever and backup catcher.

Just since no one said it...

Keppinger literally cannot be traded. A player cannot be traded until some time during the season after he's signed as a free agent (not sure what the date was but that's been in every CBA).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 04:50 PM)

Keppinger literally cannot be traded. A player cannot be traded until some time during the season after he's signed as a free agent (not sure what the date was but that's been in every CBA).

I think no one else took greg seriously...

QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 02:51 PM)
I'll never forget in 2006 when the Sox scored like 23 runs off of the Cardinals.... every Sox player had at least 2 hits, except Uribe - who dug in the box and waved at 3 straight fastballs over his head.

I was at that game.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 04:50 PM)

He was trolling.

QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 08:51 PM)
I'll never forget in 2006 when the Sox scored like 23 runs off of the Cardinals.... every Sox player had at least 2 hits, except Uribe - who dug in the box and waved at 3 straight fastballs over his head.

You sound like those University of Kansas basketball fans who only remember negative things about the former players. Not trying to jump on you; it just reminded me of the Kansas fans who always remember the failures.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 10:33 PM)
You sound like those University of Kansas basketball fans who only remember negative things about the former players. Not trying to jump on you; it just reminded me of the Kansas fans who always remember the failures.

You do the same thing for Sox players that weren't on the '05 or '08 teams.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2012 -> 04:35 AM)
You do the same thing for Sox players that weren't on the '05 or '08 teams.

I'm talking about specific moments. Specific at bats and occurences. I don't think I do that. My memory of specific plays has never been good.

There's no way I'd give Uribe much more than the league minimum, and that would be on a non-guaranteed contract. There are worse ways to spend $2 million - finding a random fan in the stands and giving him or her a $2 mill contact is probably worse - but not many.

I might even go as far as to give him a major league deal, but yeah, not for much more than league minimum and certainly not giving up anything to trade for him.

Please, no. The last thing I want to see is Uribe's power stroke that causes his to throw his hands in the air like he just crushed the ball 550 feet, only to fly out in short LF 300+ times this year. Maybe a minor league deal and a late inning defensive replacement if injuries plague the team by July and he's still sitting out there, but spending any significant $ on him is silly.