Baseball Manager Online (Soxtalk League)

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A "win-win" situation. I love this job!

The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim offer

Terry Evans OF-27 (72++)

Brandon Wood IF-24 (72+++)

to the Atlanta Braves for

Chipper Jones 3B-36 (93)

first time I got a trade through on the first try.....lol

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 06:36 PM)
Oh, and speaking of bad contracts. I am thinking about doing what my old league did, and offer amnesty of 1 player from every team. So everyone would get to chose 1 player on their team that they would get to release FOR FREE.

If others are interested in this, I will allow for people to give me the name of 1 player, and I'll remove them and place them in Free Agency.

This shall be called, The Jason Bay Clause. :lol:

Come on people, give me some more feedback.....only 1 response so far.

Baltimore deals. Infallable is still waiting on Admin approval for his account to go through, even though I already messaged Balta about it yesterday. Hmm.

Offer was accepted!

Done deal!

The Baltimore Pickled Horse Dicks offer

Chris Snelling OF-27 (71)

Jamie Walker RP-37 (83)

Oliver Drake RP-22 (81)

Ryan Bukvich RP-30 (72)

Jake Arrieta SP-22 (69+)

to the Cincinnati Reds for

Johnny Cueto SP-23 (77+)

July 11

Offer was accepted!

That's a fair trade. It was good working with you.

Matthew Angle CF-23 (69++)

Johnny Cueto SP-23 (77+)

Matt Albers RP-26 (77)

David Hernandez SP-23 (70+)

$1,000,000

to the Florida Marlins for

Josh Johnson SP-25 (81)

July 21

Offer was accepted!

You drive a hard bargain but I'll take it!

Jerome Hoes 2B-19 (68+)

Jae Kuk Ryu SP-25 (60)

to the Pittsburgh Pirates for

Chase D'Arnaud SS-22 (53+++)

July 21

Offer was accepted!

I love this job!

Luke Scott RF-30 (83)

to the Seattle Mariners for

Ken Griffey OF-39 (86)

July 11

Offer was accepted!

That looks good.

Tike Redman OF-32 (74)

Kieron Pope LF-22 (65+)

Esteban Yan RP-33 (77)

Sendy Rleal RP-28 (77)

Brad Hennessey RP-29 (71)

Chorye Spoone SP-23 (70)

to the Arizona Diamondbacks for

Gerardo Parra OF-21 (70+++)

July 11

Offer was accepted!

It's great working with someone who thinks the way I do.

Jolbert Cabrera OF-36 (79)

Chris Vinyard 1B-23 (64+)

John Parrish RP-31 (75)

to the Oakland Athletics for

Gio Gonzalez SP-23 (71+++)

July 11

Offer was accepted!

Excellent. Call me if you have any other deals in mind.

Donnie Murphy IF-26 (77+)

Brandon Waring 3B-23 (69++)

Alfredo Simon SP-27 (68+)

Brandon Wood IF-24 (71+++)

July 21

Offer was accepted!

That seem's mutually beneficial. Let's do it!

Cesar Izturis IF-29 (83)

Bob McCrory RP-26 (72+)

to the Chicago Cubs for

Jay Jackson SP-21 (72+++)

July 11

Offer was accepted!

Finally... a deal I can sign with a clear conscience.

Craig Brazell 1B-28 (75+)

Melvin Dorta IF-27 (66+)

Guillermo Rodriguez C-30 (71+)

Ross Wolf RP-26 (72)

to the San Diego Padres for

Sean Kazmar SS-24 (68++++)

Jae Kuk Ryu SP-25 (60)

July 21

Offer was accepted!

Done deal!

Felix Pie OF-24 (75+)

Charles Thomas LF-30 (75)

Joe Blanton SP-28 (83)

Rich Hill SP-29 (81)

Darrell Rasner SP-28 (74+)

Roberto Novoa RP-29 (78)

Alberto Castillo RP-33 (72)

Felix Romero RP-28 (70)

David Pauley SP-25 (69)

$2,000,000

to the Washington Nationals for

John Lannan SP-24 (84+)

July 11

Offer was accepted!

The board should be impressed with this deal.

Aubrey Huff 1B-32 (84)

Brandon Snyder 1B-22 (67+)

Bobby Henson 3B-21 (65+++)

Troy Patton SP-23 (68+)

to the Philadelphia Phillies for

Joe Blanton SP-28 (83)

July 11

Offer was accepted!

Sounds right. We'll let the legal department work out the details.

The Kansas City Royals offer

Kila Ka'aihue   1B-25  (66+)

Chris Lubanski   LF-23  (68+)

Mario Lisson   IF-24  (68+)

Chad Spann   3B-25  (68+)

Johnny Giavotella   2B-22  (62+)

Eric Hosmer   1B-19  (62+)

to the Boston Red Sox for

Ryan Kalish   OF-20  (64++++)

July 21

Offer was accepted!

That looks good to me.

Kelly Johnson   2B-27  (88)

José Bonilla   C-19  (68+)

Luke Hudson   SP-31  (74)

Robinson Tejeda   RP-27  (84+)

$3,000,000

to the San Diego Padres for

Cesar Carrillo   SP-21  (84+)

Great, I'll fax the paperwork right away.

Coco Crisp   OF-29  (86)

Mike Aviles   IF-28  (80)

Tony Pena   SS-28  (74)

Jeff Bianchi   IF-22  (66++)

Irving Falu   IF-25  (66++)

Neal Musser   RP-27  (69++)

Kelly Johnson   2B-27  (88)

July 21

K. Posada is gone.

Anyone need to dump a high priced reliever? I have cleared $35M in payroll, and am looking to upgrade my bullpen. Obviously don't want a $10M+ reliever, but if you got someone less than $10M, I'll consider.

Could also use a veteran 3B, too.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

Ok, so I have noticed because I checked the "Equalize cities" button, which makes everyone's economy and city the exact same in terms of population and financial backing, teams like the Yankees and Red Sox and Angels are $50-100M over payroll. These teams have huge contracts and can't possibly make money.

So for this season, and MAYBE next season, depending on how the finances look, I am going to UNCHECK that "equalize cities" button. This means the Yankees, for instance, will be able to pull in $230+M in revenue instead of like $90M. So they will actually be able to cover their payroll.

So this means that those teams like the Yankees and Angels who have massive payrolls need to SAVE money, not spend that extra cash, because once I turn EQUALIZE CITIES back on, then you will be in the same terrible situation of losing $100M a year. What I am also going to do is give everyone 10% of their payroll back to them in CASH. This is for the benefit of those teams with massive payrolls, but also it's some cash to everyone.

ENJOY!

Oh, and I have been advised by past leagues to routinely ELIMINATE CPU team money. It's been noted that CPU teams will take their cash and just completely empty out the FA pool by signing everyone until their rosters are completely full. And they also can't be held to the $15M MAX rule on expenses, so we won't have to compete with teams like Arizona spending $8M on farm, scouting, and medical.

So far it seems this method should work out to get everyone out of debt or close to it....except for Juddling's LA Angels. I can't really help you there, considering you've recently added $73M in new money with Ryan Howard, Vlad, Dempster, Magglio, and Chipper.

I'd suggest trading some or most of those guys off if you plan on having any money to spend in FA or being able to spend money on your farm system, scouting, or medical staff. Right now you are on pace to LOSE $50M this season, even after I unequalized the cities AND gave you $15M in cash.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 01:15 AM)
Ok, so I have noticed because I checked the "Equalize cities" button, which makes everyone's economy and city the exact same in terms of population and financial backing, teams like the Yankees and Red Sox and Angels are $50-100M over payroll. These teams have huge contracts and can't possibly make money.

So for this season, and MAYBE next season, depending on how the finances look, I am going to UNCHECK that "equalize cities" button. This means the Yankees, for instance, will be able to pull in $230+M in revenue instead of like $90M. So they will actually be able to cover their payroll.

So this means that those teams like the Yankees and Angels who have massive payrolls need to SAVE money, not spend that extra cash, because once I turn EQUALIZE CITIES back on, then you will be in the same terrible situation of losing $100M a year. What I am also going to do is give everyone 10% of their payroll back to them in CASH. This is for the benefit of those teams with massive payrolls, but also it's some cash to everyone.

ENJOY!

The equalize cities button should not be used IMO. Yankees right now with guys signed for 4 plus year contracts will be over 90 million with about 7 players. There is no way I can make a team work for years with these massive contracts. I took a big market team and my revenue will be way more than say Detroit. This is how MLB works and this league should be the same way. My 2009 revenue is projected over 270 mil.............I should be able to spend it.............to make it 90 mil ONLY to spend is not going to cut it.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 03:54 AM)
The equalize cities button should not be used IMO. Yankees right now with guys signed for 4 plus year contracts will be over 90 million with about 7 players. There is no way I can make a team work for years with these massive contracts. I took a big market team and my revenue will be way more than say Detroit. This is how MLB works and this league should be the same way.

The only problem there is that teams like KC, BAL, TB, MIN will never be able to compete with you. Right now you are projected to make $272M. The Rays and Royals are projected to make less than $90. You are making 3x as much money as them, and will be able to sign pretty much any FA you want.

With what I am doing now, by allowing UNequal cities for 1 or MAYBE 2 season, you will save up enough money to be able to pay your players. There is no doubt you will need to make some trades to shed some payroll, but that's a lot better situation than having the rest of the league not be able to compete with you on a free agent. Free Agents in this game don't value anything but money in the offseason. There is no "not wanting to play in NY" or not wanting media hype. This is straight business, and you will win every time.

Looking at your contracts, you have almost $28M coming off the books this offseason, and you are in line to make over $50M in profits to go along with your $30M in current cash. So that's over $100M swing right there. Make some trades, especially of A-Rod, if you can, and you will be fine as long as you save your money.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 02:07 AM)
The only problem there is that teams like KC, BAL, TB, MIN will never be able to compete with you. Right now you are projected to make $272M. The Rays and Royals are projected to make less than $90. You are making 3x as much money as them, and will be able to sign pretty much any FA you want.

With what I am doing now, by allowing UNequal cities for 1 or MAYBE 2 season, you will save up enough money to be able to pay your players. There is no doubt you will need to make some trades to shed some payroll, but that's a lot better situation than having the rest of the league not be able to compete with you on a free agent. Free Agents in this game don't value anything but money in the offseason. There is no "not wanting to play in NY" or not wanting media hype. This is straight business, and you will win every time.

Looking at your contracts, you have almost $28M coming off the books this offseason, and you are in line to make over $50M in profits to go along with your $30M in current cash. So that's over $100M swing right there. Make some trades, especially of A-Rod, if you can, and you will be fine as long as you save your money.

I disagree I am 12-13 with all the money spent..............money does not make me a instant winner.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 01:34 AM)
So far it seems this method should work out to get everyone out of debt or close to it....except for Juddling's LA Angels. I can't really help you there, considering you've recently added $73M in new money with Ryan Howard, Vlad, Dempster, Magglio, and Chipper.

I'd suggest trading some or most of those guys off if you plan on having any money to spend in FA or being able to spend money on your farm system, scouting, or medical staff. Right now you are on pace to LOSE $50M this season, even after I unequalized the cities AND gave you $15M in cash.

yeah......about that.....I wandered on down to my GM's office to talk about his over-zealous spending. He threw a bottle at me and told me to get the hell out of his office and to tell Gene Autry to f*** himself.....

We are staging an intervention next week. I will be calling Chicago soon to see if Hawk is available for the job....

QUOTE (juddling @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 04:01 AM)
yeah......about that.....I wandered on down to my GM's office to talk about his over-zealous spending. He threw a bottle at me and told me to get the hell out of his office and to tell Gene Autry to f*** himself.....

We are staging an intervention next week. I will be calling Chicago soon to see if Hawk is available for the job....

Ha, very nice. Well, be aware that you have a player to receive amnesty for, and make sure you check out the CONTRACTS page. You can often re-sign players for cheaper than their current deals, which is immediately reflected and will save you money in the long run. Or you can resign them at a lower price and then immediately trade them to a computer team for spare parts.

Or, you can offer me some trades. I am looking for a 3B, RP, and possibly a SP. Willing to take vets with high salaries.