Baseball Manager Online (Soxtalk League)

Offer was accepted!

Excellent. Call me if you have any other deals in mind.

The Baltimore Pickled Horse Dicks offer

Ryan Adams IF-21 (68++)

Brandon Tripp LF-23 (63++)

Gregory Miclat SS-21 (67+)

Josh Johnson SP-25 (81)

Jon Adkins RP-31 (75)

Wilfredo Perez RP-24 (72+)

Gio Gonzalez SP-23 (71+++)

Tim Bascom SP-24 (65++)

to the Arizona Diamondbacks for

Danny Haren SP-28 (94)

July 31

Offer was accepted!

That looks good.

Ty Wigginton IF-31 (87)

Melvin Mora IF-37 (83)

to the Boston Red Sox for

Kevin Youkilis 1B-30 (87)

July 31

Offer was accepted!

That looks good to me.

Jim Miller RP-26 (72+)

Scott Chiasson RP-31 (70)

Chris Tillman SP-20 (75+)

to the Arizona Diamondbacks for

Gio Gonzalez SP-23 (71+++)

July 31

Edited by infallable

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 01:33 PM)
Salary dump for Yankees.

The Chicago White Sox offer

Brian N. Anderson CF-27 (80)

$2,000,000

to the New York Yankees for

Mariano Rivera RP-39 (91)

Ditto getting Yankee payroll down is a real pain! ;)

JoeCoolman. i know we are off and running in the league. But I think it is going to be tough finding teams to fill it out with trades already taking place and such. I know we do not want to start it over now. But for competitive league balance I think we would have been better off at least waiting until we had the whole league filled. There are a lot of boards we could go and promote the league on and if it is a new league starting from scratch I think we would have a great chance to fill it out MUCH quicker than promoting it now with several trades (and teams plucked of their top prospects bc of our trades with computer. Just a thought. I bet if we went around to other boards starting as a NEW league and start over, we would be able to find 20 guys within a couple days.

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 02:25 PM)
JoeCoolman. i know we are off and running in the league. But I think it is going to be tough finding teams to fill it out with trades already taking place and such. I know we do not want to start it over now. But for competitive league balance I think we would have been better off at least waiting until we had the whole league filled. There are a lot of boards we could go and promote the league on and if it is a new league starting from scratch I think we would have a great chance to fill it out MUCH quicker than promoting it now with several trades (and teams plucked of their top prospects bc of our trades with computer. Just a thought. I bet if we went around to other boards starting as a NEW league and start over, we would be able to find 20 guys within a couple days.

This.

For some reason this site doesn't save SENT PMs, so GoGoSox2k2, if you could post my reply on here to the PM you just sent me, that would be cool.

Long story short of that PM before he posts it, we aren't going to start the league over. 14 is the max, and we have 10. Once we go to the feeder system in a few days, AL teams won't be purged anymore, and really, I think Seattle is the only team that has been traded with so far of the remaining 4 AL teams.

If you want, we can block off trades to AL CPU teams to keep them in tact if you are really worried about it. I'm cool with that.

JoeCoolman. i know we are off and running in the league. But I think it is going to be tough finding teams to fill it out with trades already taking place and such. I know we do not want to start it over now. But for competitive league balance I think we would have been better off at least waiting until we had the whole league filled. There are a lot of boards we could go and promote the league on and if it is a new league starting from scratch I think we would have a great chance to fill it out MUCH quicker than promoting it now with several trades (and teams plucked of their top prospects bc of our trades with computer. Just a thought. I bet if we went around to other boards starting as a NEW league and start over, we would be able to find 20 guys within a couple days. Just a thought. Id be willing to help post the league on various boards if we indeed start it from scratch. Wa have have not really lost a whole lot by stqarting over but we could gain people much easier.

JoeCoolman response:

Well starting over isn't an option. People, mostly myself, have put in way too many hours already making deals, signing players, and all that stuff.

We only are looking for 4 more people to join the league. I don't want to have 15 or 16, because then we would have stragglers in the National League by themselves, so all we need is 4 more players to fill the American League, then we are full.

The AL teams have been much less purged than the NL ones. I'm not sure the Tigers or Red Sox or Indians have even been traded with yet, it's just been the Mariners.

When I was in another league last spring, I took over a team 7 seasons in to the league's existance, and it was fine, I enjoyed the challenge of rebuilding the team, and I did, and won 2 WS titles within 5 seasons. So let's just stay on course, I'm sure we will find 4 more people along the way.

But feel free to pimp the league to friends or whatever, just make sure they read the rules and encourage them to get signed up on Soxtalk to communicate in the thread.

--------------------

Made another pointless trade that I already cleared...somethin like Alexi Casilla and 2 minor leagues for Norris Hopper.

Lol I'm not impatient to make 8 for 1 trades.

Oh and right after i say that....

That's fair. I'll have the contract to you in the morning.

The Minnesota Twins offer

Tommy Watkins IF-28 (70+)

Daniel Ortiz RF-19 (63+)

Nick Blackburn SP-27 (72+)

Luis Ayala RP-31 (75)

Zachary Ward RP-25 (67++)

Bradley Tippett SP-21 (71+)

Kyle Waldrop SP-23 (67+)

Ludovicus Van Mil RP-24 (65++)

Danny Hernandez RP-23 (49++)

to the San Francisco Giants for

Nate Schierholtz RF-25 (78+)

Josh Fields 3B-26 (72++)

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

and because the last one was a decent trade, I've gotta make another pointless one to make up for it.

No problem, I'll see you in the post-season.

Jason Kubel LF-26 (78+)

Josh Fields 3B-26 (72++)

Trevor Plouffe IF-22 (69++)

Philip Humber SP-26 (61+)

Tyler Robertson SP-21 (49++)

Alex Burnett SP-21 (44++)

to the Atlanta Braves for

Mike Gonzalez RP-30 (89)

lol i shouldnt even be playing this drunk

Ok, putting sanctions on trading with AL CPU teams. I have a person who is interested in taking Detroit, so we will see if that happens, and then one of our owners had said he had a friend who was interested. So we may be down to 2 teams left to fill the AL. Not bad at all.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

Holy good god all mighty. Justin F'ing Morneau has a OBP of almost .700!!! 41 games in, and he has 99 walks!!! Wow. He has 99 walks, and only 92 AB. He is on pace for almost 400 walks this season.....Next highest person has 37 walks. Still a very high total for only 40-something games played, but not astronomical. Unbelievable. 18 of those are IBB, which is also the highest by a lot, but still. Holy s*** AL Central pitchers, throw some strikes!

Offer was accepted!

Excellent. Call me if you have any other deals in mind. The Kansas City Royals offer

Mike Jacobs 1B-28 (77)

Mitch Maier OF-26 (78+)

Shane Costa OF-27 (74+)

Jason Taylor 3B-20 (58++)

Kyle Farnsworth RP-32 (80)

$2,000,000

to the San Francisco Giants for

Pablo Sandoval C-22 (75++)

July 31

Offer was accepted!

No problem, I'll see you in the post-season. The Kansas City Royals offer

John Suomi C-26 (70++)

Mike Moustakas SS-20 (62++)

Doug Waechter RP-28 (71)

Heath Phillips RP-27 (72)

Devon Lowery RP-26 (65+)

to the San Diego Padres for

Kyle Blanks 1B-22 (73++)

July 31

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 19, 2012 -> 04:25 AM)
Holy good god all mighty. Justin F'ing Morneau has a OBP of almost .700!!! 41 games in, and he has 99 walks!!! Wow. He has 99 walks, and only 92 AB. He is on pace for almost 400 walks this season.....Next highest person has 37 walks. Still a very high total for only 40-something games played, but not astronomical. Unbelievable. 18 of those are IBB, which is also the highest by a lot, but still. Holy s*** AL Central pitchers, throw some strikes!

I've taught my players well...Thats all I did in little league was walk.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Dec 19, 2012 -> 11:36 AM)
The Texas Rangers offer

Justin Smoak 1B-22 (63+)

Ted Lilly SP-33 (72+) [14]

Michael Main SP-20 (73+)

Martin Perez SP-18 (69+)

to the for

C.C. Sabathia SP-28 (93)

That should be the end the Yankees trading away BIG contracts

I've taken on Johan and CC's contracts now, soo desperate for good pitching lol.

I'll take it. It's a pleasure doing business with you.

Chris Parmelee 1B-21 (63++)

Kevin Slowey SP-24 (80+)

Anthony Slama RP-25 (78+)

David Bromberg SP-21 (67+++)

to the Florida Marlins for

Ricky Nolasco SP-26 (81)

P.S. RIP Joe lol are we still gonna post things here?

Offer was accepted!

That looks good. The Texas Rangers offer

Ty Wigginton IF-31 (87)

Manny Ramirez LF-36 (90)

Nathan Haynes OF-29 (67)

Travis Metcalf 3B-26 (67+)

José Vallejo 2B-22 (65++)

Julio Borbon CF-23 (67+)

Juan Duran CF-17 (64+)

Juan Cruz RP-30 (86)

Ron Villone RP-39 (80)

Neftali Feliz SP-19 (71+)