Sports Media discussion

Yeah, have fun with Mr. Know-It-All...Cowherd is amongst the more unique sports radio guys, and I admire him for that, but the logic and reasoning for his arguments is pretty ridiculous at times.

During my lunch hour, I have two options for sports on the radio. One is Cowherd. The other is a show called Kentucky Sports Radio that is 90% about UK basketball even during the offseason. I am not nor ever have been a Kentucky fan, but I choose to listen to the Kentucky show because Cowherd is THAT unbearable.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 4, 2013 -> 02:13 PM)
In other words it will sound like B&B?

Cowherd is a more tolerable version of Bernstein, I suppose...he does rub me the wrong way sometimes in terms of how oversimplified he thinks he can break down entire sports at times, but not quite with the level of condescension that Bernstein offers provides.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 4, 2013 -> 02:24 PM)
If by "local flavor" you mean inside jokes and odd sound bytes, then yes.

I have been listening to them talk to Matt Bowen for the last hour, talking about the Bears. It has been great.

You wont get that from Cowherd

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 4, 2013 -> 01:54 PM)
Speigel said today it looks like Waddle and Silvy will be moving up a slot (with Carmen and Jurko, or one of the two), and Cowherd will be syndicated in their midday slot.

Speigel said it best, lazy ESPN programming decision

Yikes. ESPN is all network from 12 a.m. to 2 p.m.?? That's sad...really sad.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Mar 1, 2013 -> 12:26 PM)
Speaking of that, I've always wondered how much them guys make? Any ideas what a producer makes or someone like Goff getting a show in ATL?

Producers typically make $40k-$50k/year.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Mar 4, 2013 -> 05:19 PM)
Yikes. ESPN is all network from 12 a.m. to 2 p.m.?? That's sad...really sad.

This probably won't happen.

Edited by soxfan49

Wasn't Carmen DeFalco the guy rumored to be pairing with Hawk in the booth prior to Stone coming over?

Anyway, in general I don't mind Chicago sports radio as long as they talk sports. They get to talking about stupid stuff alot and that's when I turn them off. The same is true with most radio dj's though, especially drive time. They pair up 2 or 3 dj's and go over how cool they are, or what they did last night or something like that. Can't stand it. I don't care one iota about their stupid life. Either talk sports or play music, that's what I tune in for.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Mar 4, 2013 -> 04:57 PM)
By cracky!

The new soundbite with the slidehorn does make me chuckle.

The love for the NBA on B&B is only rivaled by it on ESPN. You would think that he NBA has never existed before with them telling me how absolutely fantastic the NBA is now a days. I used to watch the NBA, now I can't stand it, not sure why but it does nothing for me now.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 11, 2013 -> 06:27 PM)
Plus Kaplan sucks worse than most of the radio guys in Chicago... and that is saying something.

I flipped it on for like a split second and Kaplan pissed me off right away. Said his source said the flared up hammies of Rose is made up and it's all in his head. Morrissey challenged him saying that it was an extreme accusation to throw out there and Kaplan nodded like a douche and said he had very good sources. Click!

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 12, 2013 -> 06:17 AM)
I flipped it on for like a split second and Kaplan pissed me off right away. Said his source said the flared up hammies of Rose is made up and it's all in his head. Morrissey challenged him saying that it was an extreme accusation to throw out there and Kaplan nodded like a douche and said he had very good sources. Click!

Kaplan has proof that this is all in Rose's head? I'd love to hear that, since it is impossible.