Sports Media discussion

4 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I was listening to The Score last night and Cubs lover David Schuster was discussing the Sox moves with Scott Merkin.  He actually asked Merkin if the Sox would add an infielder like Addison Russell and Merkin shut his ass down hard.  Such a joke that the Cubs loving media can’t discuss another team without somehow tying the discussion back to the Cubs.

That’s why I like Bernstein and McKnight. They talk about the Cubs and Sox and they bring analytical perspectives. Mac used to be a Sox fan and talked about them until he started drinking the Cubs koolaid and listening to his boy Parkins.

Edited by The Beast

30 minutes ago, The Beast said:

That’s why I like Bernstein and McKnight. They talk about the Cubs and Sox and they bring analytical perspectives. Mac used to be a Sox fan and talked about them until he started drinking the Cubs koolaid and listening to his boy Parkins.

Mac only cares about football.  He basically admits he doesn’t really follow any other sports.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Add David Schuster and Rick Camp to the list. More coming as well. It's a rough day for some folks at Entercom. There just isn't any advertising being sold right now. 

Camp did a lot for the station so I was surprised that he got let go, just like McKnight. But they can do the work they need with one host and one producer, I guess. I wonder if they will bring either Campy or Connor back.

Bernstein survives another round! Suck it trolls and haters! 

6 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Julie DiCaro canned at 670. Of course she plays the woman card immediately. No, Julie, you just suck and are a horrible champion for women. Good riddance.

She does have a point with some women leaving or being let go though. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Brian said:

He said the doctors said it is the more treatable and most curable form.

I listened to the segment on the podcast form this morning.

That's good to hear, still an incredibly exhausting/painful process.

16 hours ago, Brian said:

Silvy diagnosed with Stage 3 Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma 

How awful. I wish him the best in this battle and hope he beats it. He posted a video with his son today and he seems to be a very nice guy. I’ll probably go up the dial for his show instead of the jokers on 670 during the afternoons.

Edited by The Beast

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...