Sports Media discussion

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anybody here really listen to Chicago sports radio anymore? I've found myself tuning into 1000 more than 670. Don't listen to them as much as I used to. Neither are particularly riveting now a days. I miss 670 taking calls. Barely any of the shows do it now a days. Ridiculous callers were some of the best parts of those shows. You'll never get clips like the call below anymore. I remember hearing this one on air. Pure gold. 

Edited by ron883

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Does anybody here really listen to Chicago sports radio anymore? I've found myself tuning into 1000 more than 670. Neither are particularly riveting now a days.

I’ll listen in the car and if something interesting happened on Audacy. 

3 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Having a hard time getting into Bernstein and Holmes.  They kind of become an echo chamber and neither of them will call the other out 

Me too. I find Dan much more entertaining solo or with another partner. I’ve tried with Lawrence but he’s just not my style. He might be if he pushed Bernstein a bit more. He laughs too hard at jokes that aren’t that funny too. I do like when Leila Rahimi joins them though.

I do appreciate the Bears and White Sox interviews as well as the weekly conversation with Mike Florio. 

Edited by The Beast

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been listening to morning sports radio for some reason and I have to tell you David Haugh checks all of the boxes for the job but is just terrible. It is beyond obvious that he has something against the White Sox and takes being a homer for the cubs to a whole new level.  Kaplan is the same way on ESPN but that is well known and Goff offsets it nicely. 

He wants to see the Bulls make a playoff run this year.....at some point the Bulls conversation starts and ends with Zach Levine makes his team worse and will never be anything.  Yet because so many teams in Chicago stink the Bulls shouldn't. 

Edited by Harry Chappas

10 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

I have been listening to morning sports radio for some reason and I have to tell you David Haugh checks all of the boxes for the job but is just terrible. It is beyond obvious that he has something against the White Sox and takes being a homer for the cubs to a whole new level.  Kaplan is the same way on ESPN but that is well known and Goff offsets it nicely. 

He wants to see the Bulls make a playoff run this year.....at some point the Bulls conversation starts and ends with Zach Levine makes his team worse and will never be anything.  Yet because so many teams in Chicago stink the Bulls shouldn't. 

I agree on Haugh. He is pretty awful. Not sure why they replaced Hanley with him. Must have been to cut costs. 

Edited by ron883

22 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

Lmao Haugh is so vanilla and when he makes predictions they are so hilarious.   he is definitely a cubs homer, I don’t think he has anything against the Sox as much as he just has a condescending attitude towards them and never hides it.  I have texted the show a few times arguing with his points and he responded to me all snappy and then also basically subtweeted me on air because it bothered him so much Lmao 

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Lmao Haugh is so vanilla and when he makes predictions they are so hilarious.   he is definitely a cubs homer, I don’t think he has anything against the Sox as much as he just has a condescending attitude towards them and never hides it.  I have texted the show a few times arguing with his points and he responded to me all snappy and then also basically subtweeted me on air because it bothered him so much Lmao 

Glad I'm not reading into things.  It's beyond annoying. 

The Bulls conversation this morning was amazing.  They are pretending that P Bev is going to make things better....why?....because P Bev said he would.  

Hanley and Mully were vanilla but they were interesting. 

Haugh is a 50 year old Paul Sullivan 

12 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Glad I'm not reading into things.  It's beyond annoying. 

The Bulls conversation this morning was amazing.  They are pretending that P Bev is going to make things better....why?....because P Bev said he would.  

Hanley and Mully were vanilla but they were interesting. 

Haugh is a 50 year old Paul Sullivan 

Probably the meanest thing you have ever said on this site 😂

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I have always felt like all of haugh's garbles basically boil down to "why didn't you run the touchdown play" 

He does that a lot.  He also fails to bring in context for a lot of his points and is a big “name” guy.  If he heard of someone he is excited 

I would only listen to those guys if I knew they were having a Sox guest on since they get those interviews. Bernstein and Holmes is my favorite show followed up by Parkins and Spiegel. Each show has something I like and don’t like about them, but there are bright spots even if it isn’t the Score of old.

Also apparently AM 1000 is bringing Mc, Jurko and Harry back to do a broadcast on 3/24. Mac said it on his Facebook, I thought it was cool.

Edited by The Beast

• 2 months later...
25 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

My WSCR rant of the day goes to the conversation of the cubs  being a better organization then the Cardinals.  I think they need to slow their roll a little on that

It’s a point of inflection this week because of the stuff going on with Contreras in St Louis.  

two weeks ago all of the Score had the Cubs winning the division and were asking Joe O what the odds were that Patrick Wisdom would win the home run title, so to say they are a bit ahead of their skis right now is an understatement lol

7 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

It’s a point of inflection this week because of the stuff going on with Contreras in St Louis.  

two weeks ago all of the Score had the Cubs winning the division and were asking Joe O what the odds were that Patrick Wisdom would win the home run title, so to say they are a bit ahead of their skis right now is an understatement lol

I'm the idiot that is referred to in the movie Private Parts that hates Howard Stern but listens to him more then a fan.  I detest the station but from 7:00-7:15 and 5:00-5:10 it's my listen.  ESPN 1000 sucks and my commute is only 10 minutes.

The content on WSCR is 1000x better than ESPN 1000, I just hate said content 75% of the time.

• Haha 1