Sports Media discussion

7 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

It’s a point of inflection this week because of the stuff going on with Contreras in St Louis.  

two weeks ago all of the Score had the Cubs winning the division and were asking Joe O what the odds were that Patrick Wisdom would win the home run title, so to say they are a bit ahead of their skis right now is an understatement lol

Earlier on the Bernstein and Holmes show, they talked about why Eric Hosmer is on the Cubs roster for a solid 15 mins (at least, I got to where I needed to be and turned it off). Apparently there was a quote from the Cubs front office that he is a veteran for Mervis to look to and that's basically his only role. What do you call Mancini, Swanson, Happ, Barnhart, Gomes?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the morning 15 minutes of radio is now Stern reruns.  

ESPN 1000 is unlistenable.  They have tried to become some sort of......I am not certain what it is.  Kap and Jason are professionals but they do not work well together and the segment producers are awful.  They should have a good program and maybe outside of my 15 minute window they do.  That station though cannot seem to get proper personalities lined up. That is why the Score continues to kick their ass.

The Score, at least in the morning are amazing cub apologists and now seem to not want to talk about the Sox until they are back to .500 yet will debate this morning how awesome the cubs are at reclamating bullpen arms.  

Again  I only listen to 15 minutes in the morning and the afternoon.

Spiegal and Parkins are good.  I wasn't a fan of how they allowed the Clevenger situation to unfold with the accuser not pushing back at all but now they have a thing with Dan Proft/Riordan and showed that they are looking to be some sort of edgy program. 

Bernstein and Holmes talk quite a bit of White Sox baseball. I haven’t listened to ESPN Radio 1000 in a long time but Kap, Jurko, Waddle and Silvy are who I would want to listen to.

Edited by The Beast
  • Hawk 1

Also not a fan of Kap and JHood in the morning. They get too off track with each other. I hear too much about each other's wife.

I like Carm and Jurko. Waddle and Silvy is another one that gets too involved with family. Silvy is too much of a meatball fan. Also, the segment with Wilbon might be the worst weekly segment in Chicago Sports Radio. Wilbon clearly doesn't like being called out, and contradicts himself quite a bit to the point where it cannot be ignored. 

Mully and Haugh talk quite a bit of Sox in the morning. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Van Gundy, Jalen Rose, Max Kellerman, Keyshawn are all out at ESPN. Van Gundy is one of the best - I wonder if he'll end up at TNT.  

Suzy Kolber too.  Couldn’t disagree with you more about JVG he is hot garbage 

Kendrick Perkins is awful. He must be making Pennie’s to keep that guy.

Thought maybe Shannon Sharpe would show up but doubt it now. Maybe CBS or NBC for NFL.

Edited by Brian

• 2 months later...

WSCR had an exclusive interview with Eberflus yesterday afternoon per their social media account.....so exclusive, ESPN 1000 had one at 8:30 in the morning as they do every Monday.

I really detest WSCR at this point.  I feel like greg yelling at the clouds over this.

Edited by Harry Chappas
  • Haha 1

The audacy app, which is horrendous as it is, just went down on my iPhone when the emergency alert test happened and still hasn’t started working for me lol.  A coworker also uses that app on his android had the same thing happen 

17 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

The audacy app, which is horrendous as it is, just went down on my iPhone when the emergency alert test happened and still hasn’t started working for me lol.  A coworker also uses that app on his android had the same thing happen 

This interview was on the Score yesterday if you’d like to hear it on YouTube.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

The end of an era man.  

No more SI Swimsuit issue in Feb.

Highlight for many boys in 40s 50s 60s now.

Body positivity approach resulted in almost nobody being happy.

Unless they run a ghost operation with ChatGPT.

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

The SI cards you would get when you were a kid were always fun and welcome. Too bad the parent company is gutting the whole company.

It’s the only magazine I subscribe to - sports illustrated for kids for my kids. Was a Groupon or something - my kids looked forward to it every month. I’ll now probably get billed for another 50 years lol. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...