2013 NCAA Men's Basketball Championship Thread

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 6, 2013 -> 07:25 PM)
I have literally no idea what a foul is in this game.

Me neither. I've seen Louisville get called for ticky tack fouls and then seen them tackle someone and not get called for it.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Apr 6, 2013 -> 07:27 PM)
Me neither. I've seen Louisville get called for ticky tack fouls and then seen them tackle someone and not get called for it.

For the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half, Louisville wasn't allowed to play defense but in the last 10 minutes both teams have just been fouling the crap out of each other with no calls.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 6, 2013 -> 07:53 PM)
The officiating was terrible but the jump ball at the end was the right call and Baker walked if you don't call the jump.

That was close. It was kind of a nice way to end a game that saw the officiating have no consistency.

Crazy that Burke could do so little scoring and they still win a Final Four game. Cannot deny the talent of Michigan and how dangerous they are and always have been. I felt like they started to get lost in the shuffle after the mid-season love fest they got. Well, here they are. Here's hoping they all go to the NBA so Illinois can miraculously win the conference!

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 6, 2013 -> 10:51 PM)
Crazy that Burke could do so little scoring and they still win a Final Four game. Cannot deny the talent of Michigan and how dangerous they are and always have been. I felt like they started to get lost in the shuffle after the mid-season love fest they got. Well, here they are. Here's hoping they all go to the NBA so Illinois can miraculously win the conference!

They're terrifying. I'm hoping they are + money in the championship game so that I can get a good price on my hedge (if Louisville wins I'll win $500, if they lose I'll win 0)

I think in real time, it looked like a charge. Refs obviously don't have instant replay to see that it probably was a block.

Michigan still gave them every chance, throwing up bricks from the FT line. You can say the ball doesn't lie and Michigan still held on.

See ya Monday NIght!

Saw Boeheim getting sassy and short with a few reporters in the post game press conference. Too bad.

Edited by Brian

Michigan still gave them every chance, throwing up bricks from the FT line. You can say the ball doesn't lie and Michigan still held on.

That reference or saying doesnt apply to this situation.

I thought it looked like a block as soon as it happened. It was clear the Michigan player slid under as the Orange player was going to the basket. The replays showed that the Michigan guy pretty much took two slide steps to get to that spot.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 7, 2013 -> 08:39 AM)
That reference or saying doesnt apply to this situation.

I thought it looked like a block as soon as it happened. It was clear the Michigan player slid under as the Orange player was going to the basket. The replays showed that the Michigan guy pretty much took two slide steps to get to that spot.

So you watch the action away from the ball while watching on TV? You are one of the rare ones, because it was obviously very tough to tell in real time unless you were doing so.

I admit, as a Michigan fan, it was a block but only could tell on the replay. I agree with Greg Anthony when he says that so many mistakes are made throughout the whole game, whether its players, coached or refs, that is evens out. They're all human.

I was getting frustrated with the tight play the last few minutes. Twice they broke the press and had 3 on 1's but instead of doing to the bucket, they passed the ball out.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 7, 2013 -> 08:46 AM)
So you watch the action away from the ball while watching on TV? You are one of the rare ones, because it was obviously very tough to tell in real time unless you were doing so.

I admit, as a Michigan fan, it was a block but only could tell on the replay. I agree with Greg Anthony when he says that so many mistakes are made throughout the whole game, whether its players, coached or refs, that is evens out. They're all human.

I was getting frustrated with the tight play the last few minutes. Twice they broke the press and had 3 on 1's but instead of doing to the bucket, they passed the ball out.

There we definitely some freshmen mistakes last night, starting with the coach who shutdown the offensive sets WAY too early last night.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 7, 2013 -> 07:17 AM)
I think in real time, it looked like a charge. Refs obviously don't have instant replay to see that it probably was a block.

See ya Monday NIght!

Saw Boeheim getting sassy and short with a few reporters in the post game press conference. Too bad.

He's such a douchebag.