AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 06:12 PM)
Apparently being a former White Sox player trumps Ability to Speak in Public every time.

It's embarrassing for this organization.

It isn't "this" organization, it is Comcast. Same thing with every other sport, an ex player has to provide color. The only one really worth his weight is Hollandsworth

Edit: actually hockey is good too. Bears Bulls and Sox are bad

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 07:22 PM)
Anything's better than 6-12.

9-9 would seem acceptable after last year's debacle/s.

They play 19.

I want:

Det: 9-10

Min: 13-6

KC and Cle: 11-8

Go 44-32 in the division; 11-9 in interleague; and 34-32 against the AL East and West, and they have a shot at the postseason.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 06:10 PM)
Bill Melton sticking with calling him Chris Sales.

Seriously, the best they can do is Melton and Frank?

Unbelievable.

Farmio was calling him "Sales" all game and I couldn't remember him doing that last year. Maybe Chris changed his last name & forgot to tell us. Or maybe after the contract extension they are pronouncing the dollar sign.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 09:52 PM)
Farmio was calling him "Sales" all game and I couldn't remember him doing that last year. Maybe Chris changed his last name & forgot to tell us. Or maybe after the contract extension they are pronouncing the dollar sign.

Maybe they're promoting ticket SaleS on the new, discounted seats?

Had the chance to go today...cold as hell but it was awesome watching Sale pitch. He impresses me more every time I see him pitch. At a young age he already isn't a thrower but a pitcher. He knows when he needs a strikeout, when he can pitch to contact and how to use the count to his advantage. Only time I was worried was when Thornton came in but he looked like Matt from 2-3 years ago. Strong start. Keep it up Wednesday!

Delighted with that result. Just watched the last two innings there this morning, so had to be really careful not to accidentally find out the result before I got to do so.

Super performance in defence.

Yeah, the off day is a bit of a balls, but at least we've our 100% win record to sit on. :)

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 10:52 PM)

Or maybe Farmer just blows.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned but what did everyone think of Reed's performance? He's still missing right over the middle of the plate for me too much. I do like his demeanor on the mound however and he seems to have the mentality of a closer, but he's going to have to locate his stuff better.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 05:06 AM)
I'm not sure if it was mentioned but what did everyone think of Reed's performance? He's still missing right over the middle of the plate for me too much. I do like his demeanor on the mound however and he seems to have the mentality of a closer, but he's going to have to locate his stuff better.

He's still missing too much with his slider.

Getting behind in the count at 93-94-95 MPH will get him killed eventually. Cain swung under one of his fastballs to K, but that pitch was also right out over the heart of the plate, just high. Got away with it....and then there was one pitch that should have been on the corner that ended up center cut and he totally fooled the hitter by accident.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 07:43 AM)
He's still missing too much with his slider.

Getting behind in the count at 93-94-95 MPH will get him killed eventually. Cain swung under one of his fastballs to K, but that pitch was also right out over the heart of the plate, just high. Got away with it....and then there was one pitch that should have been on the corner that ended up center cut and he totally fooled the hitter by accident.

He's not supposed to throw that slider for a strike. He's supposed to throw that slider and have it break sharply down out of the bottom of the zone when the batter is looking for a fastball or when the batter can't lay off of it.

IIRC, many have speculated that we promised Sale that we would put him in the MLB within his first year to start his service clock -- therefore he told all the teams picking above us that he was demanding that stipulation in order to sign. Basically, what other teams do with money, but without money.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 06:06 AM)

HE'S GOT THAT LOOK!

Great game. First opening day in awhile and it was a ton of fun. Props to my boy Flowers. Told you all he will be just fine. And Sale, we have our first superstar in a long while.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 11:45 AM)
What a lousy amount of posts (44) for an opening day winner thread. What the hell is going on here?

Game thread was short too. Catchall has pretty much killed PHT. Tried warning the mods, but they won't listen.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 06:06 AM)

I'd like better location of the slider, but his fastball placement today was fine, and everything goes off that. It was hard to tell, but it looked like he lined up on the left side of the rubber as opposed to the middle, which will allow for his fastball to run a little better while still getting good snap on his slider, especially down and away/in from righties/lefties.