WNBA Thread

So, watched part of the Mercury-Sky game on ESPN today. It wasn't actually that bad of a game to watch, at least the Sky weren't. The Mercury were god awful.

EDD actually looks like someone that can really play basketball, not just a woman who dominates her competition with size. And she's attractive, so there's that as well.

Griner's dunk with two minutes left was hilariously meaningless. It was the most impressive dunk I've ever seen Griner throw down, it just made me think of Taj without ferocity.

Might actually watch another game or two this season if the Sky continue to look like something that doesn't make my eyes bleed.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 27, 2013 -> 09:40 PM)
I really wish headlines like this would stop: Griner dunks twice but Mercury fall to Sky.

Really? That is your lead? It's not like the first time that's ever happened.

I laughed when after the game ended they interviewed Delle Donne about Griner's dunks.

You could tell she was just thinking "We just curb stomped them and you're asking about meaningless dunks?"

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 27, 2013 -> 10:40 PM)
I really wish headlines like this would stop: Griner dunks twice but Mercury fall to Sky.

I have zero interest in the WNBA, but headlines like that only do damage to the sport in many people's perspective IMO.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 27, 2013 -> 09:40 PM)

Or it is. For the WNBA. Not college.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 28, 2013 -> 08:07 AM)
Didnt Lisa Leslie dunk a few times?

Yeah, Leslie definitely had the

Candace Parker has probably done it too, I'm not about to do research for the WNBA. Apparently it was the first time someone dunked TWICE in one game, still don't care.

Yeah they need to quit talking about the dunks, it's silly. We expect someone as big as Griner to dunk on a regular basis.

With that said, I might try to follow the Sky a bit more. I like that my town's team has a talent like EDD and that EDD-Griner matchup might be a pretty cool rivalry down the road.

• 1 year later...
QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 4, 2014 -> 06:34 AM)
I'll bring this thread out of the dead and give some love for the Chicago Sky who are in the WNBA Finals. Probably the first basketball team in Chicago that we will see in the finals for a while. :lol:

Saw they're a few games under .500 and will play Phoenix who is like 29-5. What?

QUOTE (Felix @ Sep 6, 2014 -> 11:49 AM)
Hate to break it to you, but the Finals were decided when Phoenix beat the Lynx. That was essentially the WNBA Finals.

(no offense to Chicago, who I hope kicks the s*** out of Taurasi and the Mercury)

No championship parade down Nicollet Mall this year.