NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 11:31 PM)
I truly believe this will be an extremely long term injury. Hope for meniscus, brace yourself for ACL. It's too bad his contract came after the CBA making amnesty not an option.

This season went down the s***ter real fast.

I don't think the Bulls are a playoff team in the west. At best a 6-8 seed. Their D was shredded in the second half by precise passing/ball movement, penetration and a barrage of 3-pointers by Portland. That's what these west teams do to you.

And it's pathetic that with an 80+ million dollar payroll the Bulls have so little depth. Hinrich is already playing way too many minutes, Deng played 43 tonight after 35 or so last night in the Denver altitude. Just a matter of time before one or both go down.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 11:36 PM)
The good news is that if the Bulls don't make the playoffs, the NBA will make sure they get the first pick so they can take Jabari. Hopefully it is nothing too serious for Rose.

They'll make the playoffs even if Derrick doesn't play another game and that's just the worst possible scenario.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 11:34 PM)
I don't want to overreact yet but if Derrick is dead, we're about to enter basketball hell.

Oh yes. Unless they can Thibs and tank.

I'm pretty sure he tore it. Watching these replays. This won't be a two week injury. MRI tomorrow.

"we're going through this again." - Thibs

It's over.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 23, 2013 -> 06:33 AM)
I don't think the Bulls are a playoff team in the west. At best a 6-8 seed. Their D was shredded in the second half by precise passing/ball movement, penetration and a barrage of 3-pointers by Portland. That's what these west teams do to you.

And it's pathetic that with an 80+ million dollar payroll the Bulls have so little depth. Hinrich is already playing way too many minutes, Deng played 43 tonight after 35 or so last night in the Denver altitude. Just a matter of time before one or both go down.

Dude just give it a rest tonight.

With that said, there is little reason to think this franchise will be a contender in the future if Derrick goes down. You're pretty much just gonna be waiting for his contract to expire if this is another ACL at which point you can start really building again

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 23, 2013 -> 12:13 AM)
With that said, there is little reason to think this franchise will be a contender in the future if Derrick goes down. You're pretty much just gonna be waiting for his contract to expire if this is another ACL at which point you can start really building again

You'd have to "throw" this season but no chance that happens. Basketball hell for sure.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 23, 2013 -> 01:20 AM)
I can't link it, but WGN reporter Jordan Bernfield tweets that Bulls source say they fear its ACL

@JordanBernfield - Good source tells me #Bulls fear it's a torn right ACL for Derrick Rose. If so, unlikely he will ever be the same.

https://twitter.com/JordanBernfield/status/...128067020283904

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 23, 2013 -> 12:20 AM)
I can't link it, but WGN reporter Jordan Bernfield tweets that Bulls source say they fear it's an ACL tear

That's easy to lie about...but if it really is the ACL...then WHAT.THE.f***. The dude was sitting out for 18 f***ing months healing his left ACL only to tear his right one 2 months after?

The basketball gods must really hate DRose and the Bulls.