NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 10:41 AM)
Please. This is the east. Unless they are going to amnesty Boozer and sell Hinrich, etc and start Teague, they are going to make the playoffs. That is why I really don't care for the Deng trade. It really isn't that good if we don't end up with a lotto pick.

Hey, Teague is an impact player.

dR8825V.jpg

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 05:47 PM)
LOL, right. They have so many amazing assets outside of the big 3.

Yeah, you were dead wrong about Beasley. #JimmyButlerWillBeTheDifference

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 05:55 PM)
How many minutes has Greg Oden played this year? Oh yeah, none.

Lmao. Are you serious? Why the hell would they risk Oden In December against the Bucks, Magic and Raptors? Not every coach is as shortsighted as Thibs. They're saving Oden for Hibbert, Duncan/Dwight in May/June.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 06:56 PM)
Yeah, that Eddy Curry signing really worked out well. Surprised the s*** out of me.

This dude said Eddy Curry. Please. He was regular season roster filler. They'd have to discontinue food all together before a basketball genius such as Pat Riley would even think of counting on Eddy Curry for a postseason run.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 06:56 PM)

Lmao. Are you serious? Why the hell would they risk Oden In December against the Bucks, Magic and Raptors? Not every coach is as shortsighted as Thibs. They're saving Oden for Hibbert, Duncan/Dwight in May/June.

This dude said Eddy Curry. Please. He was regular season roster filler. They'd have to discontinue food all together before a basketball genius such as Pat Riley would even think of counting on Eddy Curry for a postseason run.

LMAO and Are you serious is right.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 07:11 PM)
LMAO and Are you serious is right.

Dude, your Heat hate is so high that you legitimately thought I was endorsing Norris Cole as a superstar because he has two rings. Go back to the huddle with the rest of the angry, jealous, bitter Bulls fans who still can't get over the Decision.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 07:15 PM)
Dude, your Heat hate is so high that you legitimately thought I was endorsing Norris Cole as a superstar because he has two rings. Go back to the huddle with the rest of the angry, jealous, bitter Bulls fans who still can't get over the Decision.

You are telling me that Greg Oden, who can't cross the street without breaking a leg, is being saved by the Heat to take on the best centers in NBA for the playoffs, and I am the one who doesn't get it?

You have said some dumb things in the NBA thread, but this one owns all.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 07:28 PM)
You are telling me that Greg Oden, who can't cross the street without breaking a leg, is being saved by the Heat to take on the best centers in NBA for the playoffs, and I am the one who doesn't get it?

You have said some dumb things in the NBA thread, but this one owns all.

Says the dude that went and looked up Erik Spoelstra's contract info and said that's the only reason he's f***ing such a hot b****. lol. Get over it. It's done.

Edited by Jordan4life

Beasley is playing well...in about 18 MPG. He's 8th on the team in that category and barely above Anderson and Lewis. He's also stayed on the bench for a bunch of games. DJ Augustin will probably have more minutes played for the Bulls than Beasley does the entire season by this time next week. Hardly the orgasm-worthy potential impact player you made him out to be.

The Heat have added some nice role players, but their 4th best player is still Mario f***ing Chalmers.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 08:40 PM)
Beasley is playing well...in about 18 MPG. He's 7th on the team in that category and barely above Anderson and Lewis. He's also stayed on the bench for a bunch of games. DJ Augustin will probably have more minutes played for the Bulls than Beasley does the entire season by this time next week. Hardly the orgasm-worthy potential impact player you made him out to be.

The Heat have added some nice role players, but their 4th best player is still Mario f***ing Chalmers.

Oh my goodness. I challenge you or anybody to find where I said Beasley would be a superstar or even a f***ing all-star and if you do I'll ask Kyyle or Rowand to change my name to greg776. I said he could potentially flourish in a secondary role with Miami and he's done just that. You said he would be a bust from jump. You wouldn't even acknowledge the potential reward.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 08:49 PM)
Oh my goodness. I challenge you or anybody to find where I said Beasley would be a superstar or even a f***ing all-star and if you do I'll ask Kyyle or Rowand to change my name to greg776. I said he could potentially flourish in a secondary role with Miami and he's done just that. You said he would be a bust from jump. You wouldn't even acknowledge the potential reward.

Please point out where I used the phrase "star". I'm too lazy to look up your original quote, but I'm sure it was something like "lol, they got Beasley, it's over."

A large part of my point was that his role on the team would be so minor that it's not really going to matter. He's playing .1 more minutes per game than Rashard Lewis, who's been done for 4 years. He's played well in an extremely limited number of minutes on the year. So have Rashard Lewis and James Jones at times in the past. That's still a long way from being a guy that actually matters in a playoff series.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 09:00 PM)
Please point out where I used the phrase "star". I'm too lazy to look up your original quote, but I'm sure it was something like "lol, they got Beasley, it's over."

A large part of my point was that his role on the team would be so minor that it's not really going to matter. He's playing .1 more minutes per game than Rashard Lewis, who's been done for 4 years. He's played well in an extremely limited number of minutes on the year. So have Rashard Lewis and James Jones at times in the past. That's still a long way from being a guy that actually matters in a playoff series.

I said the Heat got another potential impact guy for basically nothing, ala Chris Anderson. You said "hahaha, he smokes pot and he's not good and he'll bring the defense down" and whatever else. Now you're saying that he's playing well but that the Heat are so good that it doesn't matter? Or that you want to see him do this in the playoffs? I'm confused.

Edit: Actually, I think it was 2k5 that said Michael Beasley would singlehandedly take the Heat defense down from elite to average. But I already served him so it doesn't matter.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 09:06 PM)
I said the Heat got another potential impact guy for basically nothing, ala Chris Anderson. You said "hahaha, he smokes pot and he's not good and he'll bring the defense down" and whatever else. Now you're saying that he's playing well but that the Heat are so good that it doesn't matter? Or that you want to see him do this in the playoffs? I'm confused.

Edit: Actually, I think it was 2k5 that said that Michael Beasley would singlehandedly take the Heat defense down from elite to average. But I already served him so it doesn't matter.

The pot comment was a joke added on to legitimate basketball issues. He's improved those issues a bit. He also has a fair number of DNP-CD's though.

Chris Anderson matters significantly more than Beasley because they don't have several other bigs they trust when it matters. That severely limits his "impact".

I'll put it this way: if a Bulls' fan comes on here talking trash about a guy that's playing 18 MPG, you'd lose your s***. Beasley is literally getting fewer minutes per game than Tony Snell.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 09:21 PM)
The pot comment was a joke added on to legitimate basketball issues. He's improved those issues a bit. He also has a fair number of DNP-CD's though.

Chris Anderson matters significantly more than Beasley because they don't have several other bigs they trust when it matters. That severely limits his "impact".

I'll put it this way: if a Bulls' fan comes on here talking trash about a guy that's playing 18 MPG, you'd lose your s***. Beasley is literally getting fewer minutes per game than Tony Snell.

You know what, I'm lost. I say every legit move the Heat has made since 2010 (lol@eddy curry) has worked out and you say "lol, the Heat have no assets outside of the big 3". WTF cares about assets? They've got the best player in the world, the third best sg of all-time, and a PF/C who does EVERYTHING and you talk about assets. They've brought in Allen, Battier, Anderson, Beasley, Cole to fill out the roster and they have another potential dynamic wildcard (yes, a HUGE risk) in Oden in waiting and you talk about future assets? Makes no sense. How many future assets did the Bulls have from '96 to '98? And it's a lot harder to fill out a team now that it was then.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 07:34 PM)
Says the dude that went and looked up Erik Spoelstra's contract info and said that's the only reason he's f***ing such a hot b****. lol. Get over it. It's done.

Seriously. The Heat are saving Greg Oden, to play against the NBA's best centers in the playoffs.

That is like saying the Sox are saving Frank Thomas to hit against tough lefties in the world series.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 09:42 PM)
Seriously. The Heat are saving Greg Oden, to play against the NBA's best centers in the playoffs.

That is like saying the Sox are saving Frank Thomas to hit against tough lefties in the world series.

Seriously, like, what are the Heat saving him for? July brunch? You're blinded by your hate and you know it. It's a damn shame that Quinnary who's 13 is like 10 times more mature than you are.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 09:45 PM)
Seriously, like, what are the Heat saving him for? July brunch? You're blinded by your hate and you know it. It's a damn shame that Quinnary who's 13 is like 10 times more mature than you are.

Are you hearing yourself? Saving Greg Oden? I suppose the Bulls are saving Derrick Rose too? Jesus man, lay off of the stuff, it is has blown your brain.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 09:39 PM)
You know what, I'm lost. I say every legit move the Heat has made since 2010 (lol@eddy curry) has worked out and you say "lol, the Heat have no assets outside of the big 3". WTF cares about assets? They've got the best player in the world, the third best sg of all-time, and a PF/C who does EVERYTHING and you talk about assets. They've brought in Allen, Battier, Anderson, Beasley, Cole to fill out the roster and they have another potential dynamic wildcard (yes, a HUGE risk) in Oden in waiting and you talk about future assets? Makes no sense. How many future assets did the Bulls have from '96 to '98? And it's a lot harder to fill out a team now that it was then.

Every legit move (whatever that means) HASN'T worked. signing Joel Anthony to a 5-year deal was incredibly dumb. Mike Miller was 95% disaster and 5% success, the 5% just came at the right time. They decided they had to amnesty him he was such a great addition. Mike Bibby was a disaster. Rashard Lewis and James Jones haven't contributed much. They turned a first round pick into Justin Hamilton and a likely 2nd. Eddy Curry was already mentioned.

They've added some good role players. So have a lot of teams. You just have a hard-on for the Heat so you ignore the things that don't remotely work and talk up Anderson and Beasley like they added Tyson Chandler and Kevin Martin.

Assets matter because they can't keep running out the same roster forever. All three of their studs can opt out after this year and two of them seem to be getting worse (remember that Bosh was once considered a fringe top-10 player). The first Bulls 3-peat at least added Kukoc, which is more than the Heat have done, and the Bulls likely would have been in deep s*** after 98. Guys like Battier and Anderson are a dime a dozen, but Mario Chalmers isn't going to save them if Wade or Bosh declines. Assets are how the Spurs have been good for 15 years, how Boston got Garnett and Allen, how Houston went from a 30 win team to what they have now.

I'm not saying the Heat have done a poor job, just that they're not batting 1.000 and haven't had any homeruns outside the big 3.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

You said every move they made worked out. And if Oden is working out why would they need AB? The Heat obviously are great, but you are exaggerating about their smarts.

You have moved the goalposts to legit move now instead of every move, but of course you will only characterize a move as legit if it works out.

Edited by Dick Allen