NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 08:58 AM)
Eric Bledsoe torn meniscus which will require surgery.

Which point guard will be next?! Find out next week on Sh*tty NBA Season!

That'll probably cost him a max contract as well in the off-season now.

Gerald Green has somehow done really well whenever Bledsoe's been injured though, but a lot of that is simply due to the job Jeff Hornacek is doing as coach.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 03:52 PM)
I don't think I can even root for the guy

You rooted for an adulterer who punched teammates in the face and called a guy he drafted a flaming f***ing f***** who also was a compulsive gambler and has people to this day that still believe his gambling led to a suspension and his father getting wacked. You could root for a guy who's only sin in life is a f***ing espn special.

I'd have zero problem rooting for Lebron if he were playing for Chicago.

I couldn't imagine how sick the team would look like if all the cards fell right and they added him, a healthy DRose ( :pray ), a top 5 pick, 2 picks in the 10-15 range, and Mirotic.

Even if it means they have to trade Noah to go along with the amnestying of Boozer, I make those moves all day.

Since I love playing armchair GM....

PG- Rose-Jordan Clarkson-Augustine

SG- Butler- James Young/Gary Harris/Wayne Seldon (Best available SG)

SF- Lebron-Snell

PF- Mirotic-Taj

C- Embiid-Vet-Isaiah Austin

*drools*

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 07:42 PM)
You rooted for an adulterer who punched teammates in the face and called a guy he drafted a flaming f***ing f***** who also was a compulsive gambler and has people to this day that still believe his gambling led to a suspension and his father getting wacked. You could root for a guy who's only sin in life is a f***ing espn special.

It always cracks me up when Chicago sports fans claim character or morality as a reason to not like a player. Unless you weren't a Bulls fan in the 90s, the greatest Chicago athlete of your lifetime was not exactly a saint off the court.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 08:53 AM)
It always cracks me up when Chicago sports fans claim character or morality as a reason to not like a player. Unless you weren't a Bulls fan in the 90s, the greatest Chicago athlete of your lifetime was not exactly a saint off the court.

I also appreciate when bandwagon fans lecture people on who they can and can't root for...

MJ fell short of sainthood, but gambling and extramarital sex are not exactly the most serious charges for a professional athlete. MJ's issues related to his ultra-competitiveness are something people would have loved to see from LeBron. One guy lashes out in anger, the other flops when pushed by Nazr Mohammed.

I wish MJ didn't dress like a confused 15 year old from 1999, though.

But, of course, my young non-sequitor self always was a bigger fan of Grant Hill. Something disturbingly familiar about this Derrick Rose business...

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 07:42 PM)

Close this thread. Post of the year.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 09:03 AM)
MJ fell short of sainthood, but gambling and extramarital sex are not exactly the most serious charges for a professional athlete. MJ's issues related to his ultra-competitiveness are something people would have loved to see from LeBron. One guy lashes out in anger, the other flops when pushed by Nazr Mohammed.

I wish MJ didn't dress like a confused 15 year old from 1999, though.

Who, this guy???

So, I don't like MJ as a person (though my grandma did see him film a Hanes ad in Chicago and thought he was handsome), but Steve's sentence is kind of unfair. While it is terribly selfish to gamble to the point of a family member in trouble, it's not like he wanted his father to die if that scenario would be true.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 06:38 PM)
Eh, LeBron is annoying. I don't like him either and probably couldn't root for him.

I hated Lebron when he did his whole thing. THe fact of the matter is he's an amazing player and a pretty good dude who always plays hard, works to get better, and is just a transcending player. I have a lot of respect as to how (post decision) he's gone out and shut everyone up. I hate the Heat (literally hade Dwade) and don't like rooting for them but I do find myself cheering for Lebron again. He was my favorite player in the league when he was with Cleveland and he is starting to become that again. Just incredible to watch.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 04:00 PM)
I hated Lebron when he did his whole thing. THe fact of the matter is he's an amazing player and a pretty good dude who always plays hard, works to get better, and is just a transcending player. I have a lot of respect as to how (post decision) he's gone out and shut everyone up. I hate the Heat (literally hade Dwade) and don't like rooting for them but I do find myself cheering for Lebron again. He was my favorite player in the league when he was with Cleveland and he is starting to become that again. Just incredible to watch.

I feel this way. I also have noticed that I tend to like Lebron a lot more the less I watch him.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 04:57 PM)
Not really. Jordan has kind of played his post Bulls career rather poorly similar to what Dick Butkus did with the Bears. You kind of need to be involved in this day and age to keep the buzz going. Other than his divorce and his house being for sale he is a ghost to Chicago.

LeBron can come in with Rose stock as low as it could possibly get. At this point Rose would be second fiddle to Lebron.

OK? That doesn't mean Lebron will ever touch MJ on the scale of most important and favorite player in franchise history. MJ made the bulls. MJ made the modern NBA. That will not be forgotten in my lifetime, regardless of what Lebron does.

Plus Lebron's legacy will always be connected to MJ because people want to compare the two. And unless he wins 6-7 titles, he'll always be considered a step below him.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

You have to wonder what it would mean for LeBron's legacy to switch teams again. A lot of the mystique of great players comes with the idea of a city and the team's fans coming to love the player over the presumably long time that the player is there. A team's fans can really like any good player, but especially if he changes again, who will feel that real attachment to LeBron? Who will feel like he built something?

Anyway, while I've always believed he'd better off with the Bulls, I don't see a good reason for him to come here. Sure, we're younger, but especially after losing Deng there are a thousand and one question marks on this team. You have Joakim, Taj, and...Jimmy. I'm pleased with some of the talent on the team, I think we could be relatively close to having another good team, but there is a bunch of uncertainty. Why would LBJ go to a team whose second and third most reliable players are Taj Gibson and Jimmy Butler? With a healthy Rose, sure -- you have an amazing big three. Subtract just one superstar, though, and who knows what you have.