NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 12, 2014 -> 10:46 AM)
Which has been my point all along. I've been about the only one saying it and I will keep saying it. Even without Deng (when healthy), this is one of the 3-5 best teams in the East. It will be almost impossible for them to collect a lottery pick and I really am surprised the Bulls couldn't have gotten an unprotected 1st rounder for Deng (at some point in the future). If they want to rebuild, I almost think they should look to try and land a bunch of first rounders in the next 2 years (forget this years draft where the 1st rounder will be impossible). If you can move Noah for a bunch of 1st rounders from a team that might be in the lottery in the next few years, that wouldn't look so bad. However, I think the Bulls are probably lining things up to make a big trade or two this off-season.

Can you please stop saying the bolded? You might be right. But it's hardly something to get loud about. This is a two team conference cluttered with underachieving, injury-stricken, tanking absolute horses***. A real FO with eyes on the future does everything in their power to ensure they get a shot at a top 5 pick in a lost season. These fools are still trying to compete.

Edited by Jordan4life

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 13, 2014 -> 08:44 AM)
If the FO is "doing everything they can to get a top 5 pick" they are waiting for the lottery to end and offering Joakim Noah for one of those picks

IMO they should make a package deal for Love that includes their 1st round pick, the Charlotte pick and the rights to Mirotic. Gives Minnesota a chance to rebuild with picks in a deep draft since they have to know Love is leaving after next year anyway.

Noah, Love, Butler, FA shooter, Rose. Winner.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 13, 2014 -> 09:44 AM)
If the FO is "doing everything they can to get a top 5 pick" they are waiting for the lottery to end and offering Joakim Noah for one of those picks

The problem there might be who's gonna pay for Noah when they can draft Embiid who has the potential to be better than Noah.

On another note, Sac-town has won 3 in a row, including a win against Portland and then out scoring Orlando and Cleveland by 64 points.

On a sad side note, the Bobcats have lost 3 in a row and are currently in the bottom 10.

Both teams are just a game or less behind Brooklyn for the 11th spot though. Me thinks the Kings have a better shot finishing outside the bottom 10, but I'm still holding out hope that both do.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 13, 2014 -> 08:44 AM)

They aren't going to get that after the fact. Their best chance is to have a ticket for the lottery and get lucky.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 13, 2014 -> 08:58 AM)
IMO they should make a package deal for Love that includes their 1st round pick, the Charlotte pick and the rights to Mirotic. Gives Minnesota a chance to rebuild with picks in a deep draft since they have to know Love is leaving after next year anyway.

Noah, Love, Butler, FA shooter, Rose. Winner.

Minnesota has been pretty unlucky overall this year, and while they'll likely end up playing worse than their Pyth W-L just due to general inconsistencies (a poor defense and the ability to put up games where they score 130), they are a better team than their record indicates.

I think they'll end up in the playoffs still. With Bledsoe out a while, Phoenix is likely to fall off and I don't think Dallas is this good either. And frankly, with the drought they've had, there's no point in moving Love until it's absolutely necessary to do so.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 12, 2014 -> 05:52 PM)
Can you please stop saying the bolded? You might be right. But it's hardly something to get loud about. This is a two team conference cluttered with underachieving, injury-stricken, tanking absolute horses***. A real FO with eyes on the future does everything in their power to ensure they get a shot at a top 5 pick in a lost season. These fools are still trying to compete.

It is when everyone thinks that the Bulls are easily going to tank and not make the playoffs. It is just f***ing stupid to even say that given the current state of the East and the Bulls existing roster (and the fact that we have the best coach outside of Pop in the league).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 13, 2014 -> 03:20 PM)
It is when everyone thinks that the Bulls are easily going to tank and not make the playoffs. It is just f***ing stupid to even say that given the current state of the East and the Bulls existing roster (and the fact that we have the best coach outside of Pop in the league).

Yeah, I agree. I really thought it was possible given how awful they looked in december, but also knew it was a matter of time. BUt when Deng was traded I thought the team would fold, but the thing that sealed it for me that we are screwed is that so many of these crappy teams that seem to honestly be trying to make playoffs are still so bad. Washington is actually trying and are 3 games under. Cleveland actually is trying and is awful. And teams that were trying like Boston is now free falling. Of the teams honest to god trying to get in I only guarantee Atlanta, Toronto (seriously), MIA and IND will make it. How Detroit has sucked like this in this conference, I don't know.

So yeah, unless Bulls start Teague we are making the playoffs, probably as a 5 seed.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 13, 2014 -> 11:18 PM)
Didn't want to make a thread. Why did the NFL thread get closed? I don't post there much. But I lurk there often to get quick bears info.

The season is practically over anyway. Nothing left to talk about.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 14, 2014 -> 09:35 PM)
GO GET THAT FIRST ROUND EXIT UNSTOPPABULLS!

Honestly, I can't even be mad. As I said yesterday, some of these teams are as an organization trying to win and failing. I thought they'd never trade Deng, they did. They cleared money. They have a starting PG of DJ Augustin, they are giving significant playing time to Dleague players.

I want the bulls bad this year but I also wanted them to have a good core for next year. The league is just too impossibly bad this year.