NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 02:17 PM)
Tiger wrecked his car and an ambulance was called as he was fleeing. That is how this all got out. Then all his women turned on him.

You guys must really think guys are cheating less these days. That's laughable.

No, nobody said that at all except you.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 02:17 PM)
The question isnt "do you believe guys arent cheating"

The question is "Do you think MJ's image would be tarnished because of social media catching him cheating and exposed him"

The first question doesnt matter, it is irrelevant. The second question I answer with a resounding yes

What is the backlash on DWade having a baby on the way while getting engaged when it was proven the couple wasn't "on a break" like they claimed? There were plenty of stories of MJ's infidelity during his playing days. Nothing was going to stop that PR machine.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 02:19 PM)
First off, how do you know he would be caught? What is the backlash on DWade having a baby on the way while getting engaged when it was proven the couple wasn't "on a break" like they claimed? There were plenty of stories of MJ's infidelity during his playing days. Nothing was going to stop that PR machine.

I dont know that, IF HE WAS CAUGHT HIS IMAGE WOULD BE TARNISHED.

You are the one insisting he would not be tarnished because Magic Johnson has AIDs

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 02:19 PM)
What is the backlash on DWade having a baby on the way while getting engaged when it was proven the couple wasn't "on a break" like they claimed? There were plenty of stories of MJ's infidelity during his playing days. Nothing was going to stop that PR machine.

lol. Where? The Suntimes?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 02:21 PM)
I dont know that, IF HE WAS CAUGHT HIS IMAGE WOULD BE TARNISHED.

You are the one insisting he would not be tarnished because Magic Johnson has AIDs

But your argument is the media knew all these stories about MJ but kept them quiet. Why would that be different now?

I pointed out Magic because he cheated worse than anyone, and was only tarred and feathered slightly because of the ignorance of the HIV virus. If people were aware they couldn't catch it touching him, nothing would have happened.

Athletes, celebrities are still cheating like crazy. Tiger caught a lot of flak, but just about everyone else it's considered par for the course.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 02:27 PM)
But your argument is the media knew all these stories about MJ but kept them quiet. Why would that be different now?

I pointed out Magic because he cheated worse than anyone, and was only tarred and feathered slightly because of the ignorance of the HIV virus. If people were aware they couldn't catch it touching him, nothing would have happened.

Athletes, celebrities are still cheating like crazy. Tiger caught a lot of flak, but just about everyone else it's considered par for the course.

MJ is not everyone else. You understand that. And Magic was not slightly tarred and feathered, that was a huge story, that was all over every major newspaper and newscast for months. Hell, it was even a big part of the 30 for 30 movie about the first dream team.

Tiger more than caught a lot of flak, he lost millions in endorsements, respect, his marraige, money in his divorce. It completely destroyed the squeaky clean winning machine image that Tiger and his handlers had painstakingly crafted.

Nobody cares to really go back and expose MJ right now because it just isnt relevant. He was the greatest of his time, that time is past. It is old news.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 02:32 PM)
MJ is not everyone else. You understand that. And Magic was not slightly tarred and feathered, that was a huge story, that was all over every major newspaper and newscast for months. Hell, it was even a big part of the 30 for 30 movie about the first dream team.

Tiger more than caught a lot of flak, he lost millions in endorsements, respect, his marraige, money in his divorce. It completely destroyed the squeaky clean winning machine image that Tiger and his handlers had painstakingly crafted.

Nobody cares to really go back and expose MJ right now because it just isnt relevant. He was the greatest of his time, that time is past. It is old news.

He is an owner of an NBA team and still considered the best of all time. It was a story his new wife is pregnant with twins, it would still be at least some story if he is out on the town fooling around. There was a big story last year of a woman who claimed MJ was the father of her love child. He is still relevant. There were plenty of stories of Michael not exactly being his image in the Jordan Rules, yet that did nothing. Today, not all cheating gets reported, and Tiger would never had the backlash if he didn't back into a tree and an ambulance was called. The problem was, all of Tiger's women wanted a payday. It wasn't because of social media he was exposed. He had been cheating for years before he was busted.

Edit, the Jordan Rules came out in 1992. In it, it said Jordan was mean to teammates, punched Will Perdue, tried to make Cartwright look bad....What damage did that do to his image?

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 02:36 PM)
He is an owner of an NBA team and still considered the best of all time. It was a story his new wife is pregnant with twins, it would still be at least some story if he is out on the town fooling around. There was a big story last year of a woman who claimed MJ was the father of her love child. He is still relevant. There were plenty of stories in the Jordan Rules, yet that did nothing. Today, not all cheating gets reported, and Tiger would never had the backlash if he didn't back into a tree and an ambulance was called. The problem was, all of Tiger's women wanted a payday. It wasn't because of social media he was exposed. He had been cheating for years before he was busted.

So what you are saying is, when MJ does something, anything, it is newsworthy?

Just so you know, this is from tigers Wiki

On November 25, 2009, supermarket tabloid The National Enquirer published a story claiming that Woods had an extramarital affair with New York City nightclub manager Rachel Uchitel, a claim she denied.[167] Two days later, around 2:30 a.m. on November 27, Woods left home in his Cadillac Escalade SUV and, while still on his street, collided with a fire hydrant, a tree, and several hedges

Soooooo the affair with Uchitel was exposed, Tigers wife found out exactly how bad it was, tried to beat his ass, and then he hit a tree. He was busted BEFORE he hit the tree. By the media

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 02:42 PM)
So what you are saying is, when MJ does something, anything, it is newsworthy?

Just so you know, this is from tigers Wiki

Soooooo the affair with Uchitel was exposed, Tigers wife found out exactly how bad it was, tried to beat his ass, and then he hit a tree. He was busted BEFORE he hit the tree. By the media

By the National Enquirer, which BTW, you might be surprised to learn was in publication all throughout MJ's heyday.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 02:44 PM)
By the National Enquirer, which BTW, you might be surprised to learn was in publication all throughout MJ's heyday.

Really? Was twitter and TMZ there as well? I was young then, I must not remember things

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 12:12 PM)
Wasn't that "after the fact"? And the only reason that ever came out was because Tiger wrecked his car trying to get away from his wife's 8 iron.

Golfers also have a different image then basketball players so I think that also had something to do with everything. Tiger had also built up a reputation as a sqweaky clean, family guy.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 02:49 PM)
Golfers also have a different image then basketball players so I think that also had something to do with everything.

That may be so, but Tigers image was created in the MJ Mold. Everything about it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 02:47 PM)
Really? Was twitter and TMZ there as well? I was young then, I must not remember things

There are plenty of Michael Jordan cheating on his wife articles in past issues of the National Enquirer. I don't think anyone actually takes that magazine seriously. Again, if Tiger doesn't require an ambulance, maybe he gets divorced, but that got all the skeletons out of the wall looking for some free money. A story about Tiger cheating in the National Equirer isn't going to spark sponsors pulling their sponsorships.

And the fact that at the time, Tiger had 2 infant children, the timing couldn't have been worse. If he has no kids or they are a bit older, the Tiger backlash is probably nowhere near as strong.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 02:51 PM)
There are plenty of Michael Jordan cheating on his wife articles in past issues of the National Enquirer. I don't think anyone actually takes that magazine seriously. Again, if Tiger doesn't require an ambulance, maybe he gets divorced, but that got all the skeletons out of the wall looking for some free money. A story about Tiger cheating in the National Equirer isn't going to spark sponsors pulling their sponsorships.

You do realize that the reason she came after him is because the proof of his lengthy list of girls was given to her, right? It wasnt just because enquirer put up a story, its because Enquirer put up a story and then backed it up.

Damn, I got sucked into the DA vortex of dumb arguments.

MY BAD NBA FANS, IM DONE

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 02:55 PM)
You do realize that the reason she came after him is because the proof of his lengthy list of girls was given to her, right? It wasnt just because enquirer put up a story, its because Enquirer put up a story and then backed it up.

Damn, I got sucked into the DA vortex of dumb arguments.

MY BAD NBA FANS, IM DONE

You bring up the National Equirer as proof MJ would be villified for cheating in today's world as opposed to 1987, and have the nerve to say I have a vortex of dumb arguments? LMAO.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 03:07 PM)
You bring up the National Equirer as proof MJ would be villified for cheating in today's world as opposed to 1987, and have the nerve to say I have a vortex of dumb arguments? LMAO.

Well, it did expose and destroy Tigers image. So, mmk

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 03:20 PM)
And the National Equirer had stories of MJ cheating as well here is one from 2002. How many sponsors fled MJ?

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/...tress-tells-all

How many were proven? Was this expose' written in the middle of his career, or was it over? Did Magic Johnson still have AIDs?

Try putting it into context, if you can.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 03:25 PM)
How many were proven? Was this expose' written in the middle of his career, or was it over? Did Magic Johnson still have AIDs? Try putting it into context, if you can.

Nope. Money kills the virus. Didn't you see his appearance on South Park?