NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 04:50 PM)
Quietly I believe Rose plays this year. Bulls just know they have to be smart and toe the line of he won't play. Then if he does, its gravy.

Absolutely. The only reason they announced him out for the year was to avoid another PR disaster.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 02:52 PM)
I would just like to say that I told everyone the Pistons would suck fat f***ing balls this year. So inefficient. Half the Bulls' preseason roster is still way better.

Yeah, I'm a little surprised honestly.

I am basically in awe that franchises such as Cleveland, Milwaukee, and Detroit who are honestly trying to win this year and are doing so poorly in the worst conference in a decade. I mean, I know Milwaukee has absolutely the most awful lineup ever put on paper, but the fact that they are the worst when they are trying and teams that aren't trying are better is truly phenomenal.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 02:59 AM)
I'm done with the bulls***. I love my team too much. There's no chance in the Bulls getting in the lottery, so I'm done hoping they lose. This team is playing great against the Wizards. Go Bulls. Get those wins. Jimmy, get those buckets. DJ do yo thang.

I'm in same boat now. We could lose out at this point and still not be a top 5 lottery team.

DJ Augustin has been a really fun watch, and Noah has been great. Amazing how silent the Noah hate has become once he actually recovered from his injury.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 09:50 AM)
Quietly I believe Rose plays this year. Bulls just know they have to be smart and toe the line of he won't play. Then if he does, its gravy.

Then the Deng trade makes no sense unless they really felt they were better without Deng.

If Rose comes back and Deng is not there, what happens.

Could the Bulls reacquire Deng at the deadline?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 04:33 PM)
Agreed.

R.I.P. #teamtank November 13 - January 14

Really sad about Teague trade. I was developing an amazing musical modeled after the producers where bulls brass realizes a flop season could get them more success than a hit, and the only way to pull it off was to utilize Teague's unique ability to make team worse. Tank Commander Teague was really gonna be somethin. Alas.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 04:37 PM)
Then the Deng trade makes no sense unless they really felt they were better without Deng.

If Rose comes back and Deng is not there, what happens.

Could the Bulls reacquire Deng at the deadline?

The Deng and Teague trades put the Bulls comfortably below the luxury tax. That is why they traded him. They specifically avoid the repeater tax and are, once again, hoping for a big fa offseason.

Marquis Teague might very well be the worst player in the NBA. He's one of the top 5 worst players I've ever seen play for the Bulls. He had very little talent to start and was given absolutely no chance to develop. As a fan that stuck with them in the 2000s, that's saying a lot. I think Khalid El-Amin was a better NBA player. I think Marcus Fizer was a better NBA player

E-Rob > Teague? Absolutely. And f*** that guy.

Of course, that's talking like some highly regarded turds of that era.

AJ Guyton, Fred Hoiberg, Trenton Hassell - those dudes would run LAPS around Teague.

Jake Voskuhl was likely worse, though. I don't know that Bagaric counts as a Bull, but yeah, likely a bit worse. (EDIT NOPE CAREER PER OF 10.2 BLOWS TEAGUE AWAY)

But yeah, f*** Marquis Teague. Peace.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 11:59 AM)
To summarize, the Nets just willingly traded for quite possibly the worst player of all-time.

Austin Rivers, with actual playing time, had one of the worst seasons in the NBA/ABA era (I'm talking 308th in the league as a defender, nearly record worst 43.1 TS%, 5.9 PER.. yea I don't need to go on) and is still doing s***ty this year, albeit not as s***ty as his god awful rookie year, but still s***ty, yet you still spill out the same bulls*** most of us already know (although not nearly as awful as you portray the kid to be) seeking the "hey look at me" attention to your posts no better than J4L in this thread (who is miles smarter than you about the game of basketball btw) and then still pout about others in this thread who might not be as factual about certain aspects of Thibodeau's tactics, advanced statistical strategies (especially defensively... his abolition of illegal defense he fully leveraged and was really the first to do so, by loading up the strong side box while having the weakside defenders zone the back side of the defense.. just a brilliant mind) or about a Bulls player in general (and yes some are warranted) and yet respond to one, two, sometimes ten word snarly remarks back to others reminiscent to SoxFan1 who does it.. well.. almost all the time. No wonder why some good basketball minds here rarely post or just avoid this thread entirely.

Of course I'm only pulling your leg and halfway kidding Steven. ;) But yes, Teague wasn't properly developed here and he sucked. Bulls did what they needed to do to get under the tax. Best of luck to the kid. Maybe Jason Kidd can teach him some things with his high basketball I.Q. like how to properly bump into him with a drink in his hand without getting caught on camera.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 12:29 PM)
Austin Rivers, with actual playing time, had one of the worst seasons in the NBA/ABA era (I'm talking 308th in the league as a defender, nearly record worst 43.1 TS%, 5.9 PER.. yea I don't need to go on) and is still doing s***ty this year, albeit not as s***ty as his god awful rookie year, but still s***ty, yet you still spill out the same bulls*** most of us already know (although not nearly as awful as you portray the kid to be) seeking the "hey look at me" attention to your posts no better than J4L in this thread (who is miles smarter than you about the game of basketball btw) and then still pout about others in this thread who might not be as factual about certain aspects of Thibodeau's tactics, advanced statistical strategies (especially defensively... his abolition of illegal defense he fully leveraged and was really the first to do so, by loading up the strong side box while having the weakside defenders zone the back side of the defense.. just a brilliant mind) or about a Bulls player in general (and yes some are warranted) and yet respond to one, two, sometimes ten word snarly remarks back to others reminiscent to SoxFan1 who does it.. well.. almost all the time. No wonder why some good basketball minds here rarely post or just avoid this thread entirely.

Of course I'm only pulling your leg and halfway kidding Steven. ;) But yes, Teague wasn't properly developed here and he sucked. Bulls did what they needed to do to get under the tax. Best of luck to the kid. Maybe Jason Kidd can teach him some things with his high basketball I.Q. like how to properly bump into him with a drink in his hand without getting caught on camera.

Joe-Biden-Meme-for-Go.png

Though I find the venting of everything you despise about Steve9347 (which is cool; the feeling's definitely mutual), your timing in defense of Marquis Teague probably wasn't the best. You just waxed poetic on Austin Rivers and his 5.9 PER being terrible while Teague has rocked a 0.1 PER. ZERO POINT ONE. Teague's received over 12 minutes per game. That's a sample size.

I was just pointing out the level to which Mr. Teague has sucked and the hilariousness of a team willingly trading for him.

Edited by Steve9347

I just want to say Teague IS as bad as Steve says. Brian Scalabrini, during 11-2012, was 66 times better the player than Teague in 2013-14. A HUMAN VICTORY CIGAR was 66 TIMES BETTER! I doubt Teague would score anything during the Scal Challenge.

EDIT FOR MATH. 69 TIMES BETTER

DOUBLE EDIT for Relevant Pic.

81f6fdeff99acc33fdc5d9200d04c8f70dbcd9f8

Edited by rangercal