White Sox/Tigers Brawl 2000

WilliamTell

I was at that game with my dad...great day for a baseball game!

Rumor going around was that Karim Garcia sucker punched Foulke with something in his hand (brass knuckle like...). I always hated Fick after that game, he always seemed to cause trouble (2003 for the Braves running over the Cubs Pitcher (Matt Clement?) in the playoffs...)

Todd Jones came running out of that dugout like crazy....soon after that day, Tanyon Sturtze was traded to the Devil Rays for either Graffanino or Herbert Perry who became needed after Greg Norton tore up his knee

That was a great team so much fun to watch! I thought the trade with the Orioles for Charles Johnson where we gave up Brook Fordyce changed the dynamic of the team somehow, having a different catcher may have had some effect on the pitching staff

QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Jul 18, 2013 -> 10:48 AM)
I thought he was wearing a ring? Maybe I imagined it. That was so long ago.

You are probably right, I remember the Farmio going nuts over it (at least I think I do)

The Sox had a ton of suspensions, even Jerry Manuel was suspended for a game. He stayed at the team hotel and dressed as a bellhop when the team either left or arrived for the game.

That was a fun year!

QUOTE (QuickJones81 @ Jul 17, 2013 -> 11:07 AM)
I am at work so I can't watch the video, but there are 4 things that stand out in my mind from my memory of that fight:

1. We learned Magglio was a kicker. Strangely enough that's something that tells you a lot about a person. Especially considering this was before MMA became popular.

2. Foulke after that fight looking like he got stomped in the face.

3. Fick receiving the beer shower. If I remember correctly he was flipping the fans the bird as it was happening.

4. Frank Robinson using this fight to show that he was the new sheriff in town and handing out crazy suspensions.

Ain't this the truth. You learn a lot about people in situations like this. Kicking and blindside/cheap shots are puss moves.

and lol@ the announcer acting surprised that the fans would be cheering during this.