Fantasy football advice thread

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 07:37 PM)
Need some advice week 1. Need 1 Flex and 1 WR to fill.

RB Frank Gore (GB)

RB Gio Bernard (@Chi)

RB DeAngelo Williams (vs. Sea)

RB Rashard Mendenhall (@ StL)

RB Vic Ballard (@ Oak)

WR Stevie Johnson (NE)

WR Lance Moore (Atl)

WR Chris Givens (Ari)

TE Zach Sudfeld (@Buf)

It's PPR. I think Gore is the obvious flex play but everyone is so down on him this year. Sudfeld and Bernard are tempting options.

The WR spot is what I'm really struggling with. I have no idea. I wish I could play Sudfeld there. Johnson is the best but jesus they have the worst QB situation just about ever.

I think you go Gore there, it's the safe play for Week 1. Bernard will be good PPR, I just don't know how it will play out week 1 with touches.

Givens or Moore. Tough call there. I would stay clear of Buffalo situation, but that's just me for right now unless it's not Tuel under center. Moore could either go 4 for 40 or like 8 for 90 with a TD. So hit or miss with those, but I could see NO/Atl being a shootout. With Givens, who knows who gets what catches there with Austin as well.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TRU @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 09:53 PM)
Im not surprised with your mediocre WR core because you clearly took 3 RBs really early. But man, Alex Smith throws the the middle of the field or to RBs. That's why Crabtree didn't explode until Kaepernick took over. I dont think Dwayne Bowe has anything close to a WR1 fantasy year. Stafford throws too many damn interceptions and hes way more likely to throw 25-30 TDs than 40+, I do like him though in a 6pt TD league. Gotta get one of those high volume guys. Lesean McCoy and MJD are guys that I am just not high on. MJD is run down and McCoy had one year where he scored 17 TDs but he only rushed for 1300 yards. If it wasn't for that anomaly TD number hes no different than Frank Gore or present Chris Johnson and those guys aren't coveted fantasy RBs.

This is about a C- draft IMO, might be worse if this league isn't PPR.

McCoy is going to get a ton of touches this year, I like him in that situation with Kelly. I also took MJD in a league and am on board. Where he's being taken (end 2nd round, early 3rd), he has 1st round potential. He led the league in rushing in 2011, and all signs point to him being 100% after the foot injury. And in a contract year.

I also think Bowe will be solid. Andy Reid throws and throws and throws...and when they do, it's going to Bowe. Bowe's a WR2 with possible WR1 potential.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 07:27 PM)
You know what's not fun? Losing by .9 in the f***in championship. These wounds will not heal.

You know what's worse? Going to bed as the champion of your league by 0.7 points only to wake up and find out you actually lost due to a stat correction on a Danny Amendola fumble taking 2 points off your total score. My take went from $550 to $50 overnight.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 31, 2013 -> 12:00 AM)
McCoy is going to get a ton of touches this year, I like him in that situation with Kelly. I also took MJD in a league and am on board. Where he's being taken (end 2nd round, early 3rd), he has 1st round potential. He led the league in rushing in 2011, and all signs point to him being 100% after the foot injury. And in a contract year.

I also think Bowe will be solid. Andy Reid throws and throws and throws...and when they do, it's going to Bowe. Bowe's a WR2 with possible WR1 potential.

MJD's age and coming off injury worries me about his prospect of returning to top fantasy form. I think hes more like a 1100-1200 yard guy 8-10 TDs which does keep him in that late 2nd early 3rd range but there are a lot of backs I like before him.

Ide play Bowe at WR2 for sure. I definitely don't want him as my #1. Ive got about 15-16 guys ahead of him ide rather have on my team.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 31, 2013 -> 07:40 AM)
You know what's worse? Going to bed as the champion of your league by 0.7 points only to wake up and find out you actually lost due to a stat correction on a Danny Amendola fumble taking 2 points off your total score. My take went from $550 to $50 overnight.

You know whats worse? In 2011 I was in both of my leagues championship games. My opponent? My wife. And I lost both of them.

PPR League

QB - Cam Newton

RB - Jamaal Charles

RB - Darren Sproles

WR -A.J. Green

WR - Jordy Nelson

Flex - Stevan Ridley

K - Phil Dawson

TE - Jared Cook

D - Broncos

Bench: RGIII, Luck, Roy Helu, Chris Givens, T.Y. Hilton, Sidney Rice, Kendall Wright.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Sep 1, 2013 -> 10:00 PM)
PPR League

QB - Cam Newton

RB - Jamaal Charles

RB - Darren Sproles

WR -A.J. Green

WR - Jordy Nelson

Flex - Stevan Ridley

K - Phil Dawson

TE - Jared Cook

D - Broncos

Bench: RGIII, Luck, Roy Helu, Chris Givens, T.Y. Hilton, Sidney Rice, Kendall Wright.

6 team league?

12 team PPR, QB allowed in Flex spot

QB Andrew Luck

RB Ray Rice

RB Darren Sproles

WR Randall Cobb

WR Marques Colston

FLEX RG3

TE Jordan Cameron

K Justin Tucker

D/ST Kansas City (first two weeks are Jacksonville and Oakland...I plan on playing matchups here)

Bench: EJ Manuel, Stevan Ridley, Bernard Pierce, Bryce Brown, Cecil Shorts, Josh Gordon

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 07:41 AM)

QB Andrew Luck

RB Ray Rice

RB Darren Sproles

WR Randall Cobb

WR Marques Colston

FLEX RG3

TE Jordan Cameron

K Justin Tucker

D/ST Kansas City (first two weeks are Jacksonville and Oakland...I plan on playing matchups here)

Bench: EJ Manuel, Stevan Ridley, Bernard Pierce, Bryce Brown, Cecil Shorts, Josh Gordon

What the hell is the point in having a "flex" if a qb is allowed? Just make it 2 qb's, that's odd.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 07:41 AM)

QB Andrew Luck

RB Ray Rice

RB Darren Sproles

WR Randall Cobb

WR Marques Colston

FLEX RG3

TE Jordan Cameron

K Justin Tucker

Why would anyone not start a QB in the flex spot?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 01:18 PM)
Why would anyone not start a QB in the flex spot?

Im in 3 leagues where there is QB allowed in Flex. Its amazing to me that people dont target 2 QBs early.

I have Brees/Luck, Brees/RG3, and Manning/Luck in all 3 of those leagues. Its going to lead me to a lot of wins.