9/3 SOX vs Yanks

knightni

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 07:35 PM)
It was just another example of poor managing. With Sale pitching and Stewart hitting, it's ridiculous to even consider letting that runner head for home.

You missed the play. It was set up to nail the runner at home. Beckham made a bad throw. They didn't throw through to secondbase.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 4, 2013 -> 12:59 AM)
You missed the play. It was set up to nail the runner at home. Beckham made a bad throw. They didn't throw through to secondbase.

I saw the play, and it still gave Wells way too good of a chance to score. With Sale on the mound, you don't risk it IMO.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 08:01 PM)
I saw the play, and it still gave Wells way too good of a chance to score. With Sale on the mound, you don't risk it IMO.

A decent throw he is out by 10 feet. The play is designed to get the runner at home. I don't understand how that is bad managing. It was a good call, poor execution.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 4, 2013 -> 01:02 AM)
A decent throw he is out by 10 feet. The play is designed to get the runner at home. I don't understand how that is bad managing.

It was a poorly designed play then, as Beckham needs to be closer to home plate when he catches that. Instead, he was only a few feet in front of 2nd base.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 08:08 PM)
It was a poorly designed play then, as Beckham needs to be closer to home plate when he catches that. Instead, he was only a few feet in front of 2nd base.

It was poorly executed for sure. If it was executed correctly, it wouldn't have even been close.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 08:07 PM)
From what Hawk was saying earlier, it looks like Konerko,Dunn, Alexei, De Aza are all in their final month as White Sox. He said Beckham was the most accomplished hitter returning next year.

And I'm ok with that as long as we get good returns on Alexei and De Aza.

I really hope Paulie retires though. Want to see him hang it up in a White Sox uniform.