9/21 at Tigers

flavum

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 21, 2013 -> 09:33 PM)
Granderson's name is mentioned in this http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...ws&c_id=cws

I still can't believe how insulting it is that they say they're dedicated to spending the money they'll have for the draft/international signings. That should have been the case no matter what the payroll ended at this season.

Agreed. Like Hahn's draft WAR defense.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 21, 2013 -> 09:21 PM)
I have a very hard time picturing McCann signing with a 100 loss team.

I have a hard time picturing any of the premier free agents signing with a 100 loss team. While I'll still hope for Abreu, I imagine the Sox will be digging through the pile of bounce-back candidates. Short-term inoffensive signings that can provide value to the 2014 team or can be flipped at the deadline if/when the ship sinks. Something similar to many of the Cubs signings last offseason. And honestly, I'd be okay with such an approach.

Edited by DirtySox

The danger is Jerry is resigned to losing after this season and not only keeps Robin and Manto but also spends no money this offseason. It's going to be hard to change this culture of losing. Sox can't even hold a lead like that? I think it's pretty obvious we have the worst team in baseball. If we could have a losers playoff series with Houston and Miami, I think we'd place third for sure.

Per the Elias Sports Bureau, the White Sox — who have now played 17,622 games — had never taken a six-run lead into the ninth inning or later and lost.

“Just when you thought you have seen it all you get to see something else,” White Sox manager Robin Ventura said.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 21, 2013 -> 09:27 PM)
The worst part is I think they are all safe thru 2014 and staff seems to think nothing is wrong or their fault. Ventura is a joke.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 21, 2013 -> 09:29 PM)
I think JR sits on the cash in 2014 and takes another 90 plus loss team as he rakes in MLB tv contract money.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 21, 2013 -> 09:32 PM)
If JR thinks his only major move this offseason is bringing PK back will make the fans happy he is in for a huge shock.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 21, 2013 -> 09:35 PM)
JR has been a cheap SOB until now that they have slotted positions and that is why minor league system is so bad.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 21, 2013 -> 09:42 PM)
He is brain dead :ph34r:

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 21, 2013 -> 09:43 PM)
De Aza K's so much it kills what little value he has.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 21, 2013 -> 10:01 PM)
Sox went 1-2-3 in record time.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 21, 2013 -> 10:11 PM)
FU Ventura

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 22, 2013 -> 12:28 AM)
Per the Elias Sports Bureau, the White Sox — who have now played 17,622 games — had never taken a six-run lead into the ninth inning or later and lost.

“Just when you thought you have seen it all you get to see something else,” White Sox manager Robin Ventura said.

Look at you on a Saturday night, raging like we are in a pennant race. This is just sad.