AND THIS SEASON IS OVA!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 03:11 PM)
Didn't understand why Konerko only hit once -- and left after making an out.

what kind of exit was that?

forgettable, just like this season.

As opposed to letting him go 0-4 and not getting a solo standing ovation?

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 08:11 PM)
Didn't understand why Konerko only hit once -- and left after making an out.

what kind of exit was that?

forgettable, just like this season.

It was weird, but it's obvious nobody wants to play the game today. Royals announcers were saying its in baseball's unofficial book to just get the game over with as quick as possible. Never work a count, swing at everything. Get it over with.

I'd bet he's 80/20 coming back but in case he isn't at least the fans got to cheer for him coming off the field. It seemed pretty OK to me.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 01:46 PM)
I thought the exact same thing. At least we only lost 99.

The off season should be more fun than the regular season. The continued loyalty to the ex-Sox and Buddy Bell will tell me if chnages are coming or not. You don't hire people who have no experience winning anything to turn around an organization.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 03:14 PM)
As opposed to letting him go 0-4 and not getting a solo standing ovation?

That could have happened in innings 3 through 9.

I found the decision very odd. Pop out in only one at bat, an out in the field next inning and then pulled. Unless he was hurt or something, it wast just weird.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 05:22 PM)

I found the decision very odd. Pop out in only one at bat, an out in the field next inning and then pulled. Unless he was hurt or something, it wast just weird.

Actually, I just saw this on Twitter, so it makes more sense.

Scott Merkin@scottmerkin 1h Konerko aggravated his back last night, which is another reason why he departed early today.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 05:54 PM)

Scott Merkin@scottmerkin 1h Konerko aggravated his back last night, which is another reason why he departed early today.

Well there you go. Normal circumstances, he wouldn't have even played today. Knowing everyone was there to see him, he took an at bat.

Sucks it ended that way.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 05:54 PM)

Class act for Paulie to recognize the fans today and play despite the back problems.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 06:24 PM)
Robin was mailing it in. He didn't practice a Paulie going away moment once in spring training.
so in other words you have no reasonable reply and you just decided you need to be a douche and bring in another topic. Congrats.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 09:45 PM)
What a fitting end to 2013 bases loaded 1 out and nothing but K after K. Season :hawk:

That's exactly what I thought. Even with Manto gone and a young hopeful up to the plate in Semien, the same malady struck. I hope that was the last at bat I'll see from Beckham in a Sox uniform. I would like to see Sox dump Beckham and DeAza on somebody. I can't take DeAza's dumb baserunning anymore and Beckham's mediocrity bothers me. I'd trade Beckham to the Royals for Giovatella, but Gio's defense really really really appears to be a problem, so nix that.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 11:22 PM)

I really blew this one. I thought it was all planned and it turned out Paulie has the bad back flareup. Man, he's really broken down. I guess quitting at 38 isn't so bad. I'd like to have seen him last through the age of 40, though. His body just can't take the grind anymore (it appears from the last couple seasons).