Fielder to Texas for Kinsler

flavum

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like to pass judgment from the outside on these things. Beyond the "did it really happen" question, there are a million different issues of context that could change my mind on how I feel about it. I'll see it as perhaps the explanation we got a discount on a really promising player

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 11:22 AM)
If true, I agree 100%. That is about as low as you get.

Yes, if true. Should have added that, but it really is a terrible, terrible thing. To some extent, I almost wonder how much of Frank's struggles in 2002 came because Royce Clayton was on the roster.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 10:00 AM)
I dont think he will break down per se. I have just read the stories that Rangers players just tire out by mid august, they dont have the pop/speed/strength that they did when the season started.

Not that it doesnt happen to other players on other teams, just that it is more drastic in Texas because they are playing in 100 degree weather constantly

That is true, but he seems to hold up better than most players despite being round, so it will be interesting to watch.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 12:46 PM)
That is true, but he seems to hold up better than most players despite being round, so it will be interesting to watch.

His numbers really started taking a beating last year to my eyes, but it's possible being in Texas could help him get into a hitting groove again.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 01:26 PM)
It scares me how many people talk about Avisail Garcia like he's a sure stud.

I don't think he's a sure fire can't miss prospect because there is no such thing. However, the time he spent with the Sox last year showed me enough to be really excited about him going into next year.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 07:47 AM)
I didn't realize Kinsler's home/away splits were so drastic. Almost a 200 point difference lifetime. He is a career .242/.312/.710 guy away from Texas. That is basically what Gordon Beckham has done in his career.

Which is why I hate the deal for Detroit. Like him or not prince was good protection for Miggy. He wasn't the problem.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 10:04 AM)
Still think it is a better chance he ends up on an AL East team, they could all use him.

I'll believe it when I see it when it comes to trading Dunn, but if the Orioles end up trading Chris Davis, and the Sox are willing to eat a bunch of money, maybe Dunn ends up in Baltimore.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 10:07 AM)
I'll believe it when I see it when it comes to trading Dunn, but if the Orioles end up trading Chris Davis, and the Sox are willing to eat a bunch of money, maybe Dunn ends up in Baltimore.

Where did that come from? Is that a new rumor that has been floating around?