Frank Thomas Is a Hall of Famer

southsider2k5

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 03:39 PM)
I stand by the thought that without his contributions in June, the Sox don't win the division. He hit a ton of big home runs.

I watched every inning in 2005. Frank Thomas had a crazy HR ratio that year when he did play. without a few of those timely homers, we likely would have had a few more losses. Considering cleveland crept to 1.5 games behind us, I would say there is a good shot we would not have a 2005 banner without Frank. Was he a top 10 contributor that year? Nope. But top 20 for sure. Doing it on one leg as well. 2005 was pretty magical from Frank. 12 hrs in 105 abs is pretty damn impressive.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 01:46 PM)
I watched every inning in 2005. Frank Thomas had a crazy HR ratio that year when he did play. without a few of those timely homers, we likely would have had a few more losses. Considering cleveland crept to 1.5 games behind us, I would say there is a good shot we would not have a 2005 banner without Frank. Was he a top 10 contributor that year? Nope. But top 20 for sure. Doing it on one leg as well. 2005 was pretty magical from Frank. 12 hrs in 105 abs is pretty damn impressive.

+1

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 01:45 PM)
So Thomas is the only slugger from the roid era that I can think of to get in. Might be the only one ever. Alomar and Ripken are the only others who would come close.

That an eligible player with 609 HRs would get only 7% of the vote could not even have been comprehended years ago.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 01:59 PM)
LOL "Steroids weren't illegal!" ORLY? Wonder if the DEA would agree with that.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm glad the Sox didn't have a guy like Sosa putting up numbers like that during that time (98-03).

I mean, yes, Albert Belle was juiced out of his mind, but he wasn't "our" guy. Sosa became a Cubs guy.

It would make me puke if a Sox fan was making a case for a juiced player who only had Hall numbers with steroids.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 01:59 PM)
LOL "Steroids weren't illegal!" ORLY? Wonder if the DEA would agree with that.

I definitely agree with his premise though. There are many players in the HOF that have cheated in some way or another. It impossible to know who used and who did not. You can't just pick and choose. The whole process is pretty stupid. I am looking forward to 2015 to see if Craig Biggio can have a really good season so that he gets in...oh wait. Frank Thomas is the reason why I am a White Sox fan and I am happy for him but the Baseball Hall of Fame and the process of election is a f***ing joke. You are either a hall of famer or you aren't.