Rosenthal: Tanaka to Yankees

bear_brian

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 05:57 PM)
Weren't we supposed to hear something by now? Shouldn't he have finished breakfast?

You tell me Jose. I expected a 6:00am CST announcement from your post last night. Tisk tack, wiggity wack. :angry:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 06:06 PM)
https://twitter.com/titomb345/status/425811286509637632

Confirmed: Tanaka to the Sox! It's on twitter, it's gotta be true.

(JKing OBVIOUSLY!)

Who is this twitter poster? Seems like some bum making up things again in an attempt to coax us into an emotionally charged debate. f***ING HELL s*** f*** f*** f*** s***!

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 06:08 PM)
Who is this twitter poster? Seems like some bum making up things again in an attempt to coax us into an emotionally charged debate. f***ING HELL s*** f*** f*** f*** s***!

I think it worked... and I may or may not be the poster in question.. maybe.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 07:31 PM)
I loved Kenny, but he was a dick very often. Hahn is direct and non-dickish. Both are geniuses & we're lucky to have them.

Remeber KW started that wayas well. He did every radio show and was interviewed alot until he was burned a few times by a couple of radio shows then he stopped doing all of them.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 06:12 PM)
I think it worked... and I may or may not be the poster in question.. maybe.

You should know by now that I'm rarely serious :)

I knew it was you right away dude. Same twitter handle as your Soxtalk name, come on :P

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 09:01 PM)
Hahn on Tanaka from earlier on sports talk live in case anyone missed it.

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/hahn-t...nt-end-pitching

Hahn on off-season including questions about Tanaka on sports net central

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/hahn-w...re-not-done-yet

Thanks for the links. I do not know if we will get him or not. After watching these videos, I do not believe Hahn thinks we are out of it.

More meaningless speculation here... But really we all should be hoping NOT to hear anything. If the Sox get their man, my thought is that they'd like to keep a tight wrap on things and blow it out of the bag exactly at 4pm Friday when opening Soxfest.

Boobes.

[1/22/2014] Masahiro Tanaka News and Notes

by Gen on Jan.22, 2014 @ 4:20 pm, under MLB

Tags: Masahiro Tanaka, Rakuten Eagles

Masahiro Tanaka updates from Wednesday, January 22, 2014.

Tanaka used a Momoiro Clover Z themed glove manufactured Asics during workouts on Tuesday.  The glove was white and silver with red, yellow, pink, green, and purple accents. [sanspo 1/22/2014]

Tsuyoshi Shinjo wanted reporters to tell Tanaka that he should memorize the following two English words/phrases: "appreciate" and "good atmosphere."  Shinjo apparently managed to get by with just those the two words/phrases when he first went to the United States in 2001. [sponichi 1/22/2014]

US media coverage via Japanese sources:

Jon Morosi tweets that Tanaka is "...expected to return to U.S. this week for physical with the team that signs him. Needs to be soon with Friday deadline."

http://yakyubaka.com/

QUOTE (glangon @ Jan 22, 2014 -> 03:44 AM)
If Tanaka was to sign with the White Sox, I'm salivating over the rotation for next year.

Sale

Tanaka

Quintana

Danks

Johnson

I think we could go toe to toe with most rotations in the AL if we sign Tanaka.

The only one that I would say is better going in would be the Tigers, but that could very easily change depending on how Tanaka and EJ adapt to the MLB and how Danks recovers.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jan 22, 2014 -> 02:11 AM)
More meaningless speculation here... But really we all should be hoping NOT to hear anything. If the Sox get their man, my thought is that they'd like to keep a tight wrap on things and blow it out of the bag exactly at 4pm Friday when opening Soxfest.

Boobes.

Or we could have a White Sox Wednesday. I would expect it this afternoon so that they can talk about it on the radio on the drive home. There would then be time for big features on all the evening news shows. We can talk about it on the radio all day tomorrow and have the newspaper headlines. By the time Soxfest comes everyone is pumped and Tanaka is here as a surprise guest!!!! THAT would be Kenny Williams' ideal timing.

Based on the reputable sources (Rock, bucket, a few writers), there has been no news from Tanaka. Everything is speculation right now, even though most seem to think its down to the Cubs, Yankees, and LA. Remember that the Sox weren't viewed as favorites to land Abreu until right before the announcement was made. I'm not saying the Sox will land Tanaka (I'm still thinking he'll sign elsewhere), but all of the tweets, blurbs, blogs, etc. are nothing but speculation right now.

The quotes from the Sox have alluded that they most likely won't have the highest bid, but they believe that it won't come down to JUST money. Hahn has done a great job rebuilding this team since the summer. Tanaka could be a key part in something pretty special for quite a few years. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jan 22, 2014 -> 07:35 AM)
The longer this has gone on, the better I've felt about the Sox' chance to land him. We all know the Sox are probably not going to offer the biggest contract and chances are if Tanaka was simply out to get the biggest contract, it probably would have been done by now.

it just makes no sense why he would choose the sox

play for a contender? No

highest bidder? No

huge fan base? No

then you factor in s***ty weather, not west coast (if those rumors held any truth)

to me it just doesn't seem likely, either the sox wanna say "Hey we tried!" or they're being trolled by Casey Close

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 22, 2014 -> 07:26 AM)
Hopefully the leaks start a flowing then. AZ knows something. Either Tanaka told them directly or that their bid fell way short. Hope this writer tells us the latest.

IMO we are going to see a lot come out this am and afternoon. I think he makes his decision this evening or early am after midnight tonight. Not sure what to think about our chances, long no doubt. But I truly believe our FO believes we have a legitiment shot at this guy, thus until I see him sign elsewhere I like our chances.