2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 07:44 PM)
@LaurenceWHolmes: In their last 12 games, #Bears have given up 30+ 7 times. 50+ 3 times. In the last 4 games vs GB, #Packers avg 38ppg

The crazy thing is usually when you see real blowouts in NFL, a lot of the scores aren't even offensive. It's the opposing O getting crushed with pick sixes sprinkled with a return. But with the Bears it has been the opposing team just getting a touchdown every drive.

Which is CRAZY because I feel like even if the bears played their own defense we'd stall out because of mental mistakes on offense.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 12:58 PM)
The crazy thing is usually when you see real blowouts in NFL, a lot of the scores aren't even offensive. It's the opposing O getting crushed with pick sixes sprinkled with a return. But with the Bears it has been the opposing team just getting a touchdown every drive.

Which is CRAZY because I feel like even if the bears played their own defense we'd stall out because of mental mistakes on offense.

That's probably why we keep hearing this whole "great week of practice!" BS by Trestman and Co. They're so bad on both sides on the ball they probably take turns making each other look good until it evens out.

Here is what I do not get. How did the Bears actually look pretty good last season to looking like this.

The only thing I can think of is that teams now are much more prepared for the Trestman offense and in its current form it is easily read.

The whole thing needs to go from Phillips on down every hire is now a mistake. This is Emery's third year of fielding players. His talent evaluation is no great shakes and the coaching staff is an embarrassment. Sadly Kromer will need to go as well as a new regime will want their own HC and OC.

There is no bright side to this team or positive aspect. There is some talent there but nothing earth shattering. The same excuse of injury does not fly. No football team should look like that team has the last two weeks and expect to exist in any way shape or form going forward.

Sadly there will be no admonishment by the organization. Tucker and maybe DeCamilis will be fired after the season and replaced by some other dolts, they will go 5-11 and then they will go from there.

The problem with the team currently is nobody worth a s*** will want to work with Cutler and/or Emery.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 12:08 PM)
Trestman is not made for the NFL.

It explains why he hasn't been in the league for almost 10 years.

He absolutely isn't. I kind of think Emery isn't made for the GM job either. I am sure more nuggets will come out of this conference too. If Emery wants to save his job, now would be the time to fire Trestman, see if players follow other coaches and roster personnel can do something worth while by end of year. If they can't, they both get fired but if this continues they both get fired no matter what.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 12:10 PM)
LOL.

Jay has to play better. Blamed Cutler for changing the first two plays from run to pass.

Get him out of there.

It is so bad though. Two weeks ago he blamed Jay for audibling out of running plays like twice. Adding 2 more runs doesn't make much of a difference in our overall play mix which is terrible.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 12:13 PM)
It is so bad though. Two weeks ago he blamed Jay for audibling out of running plays like twice. Adding 2 more runs doesn't make much of a difference in our overall play mix which is terrible.

I actually liked the first few passing plays too...didn't we complete two slants?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 02:13 PM)

Maybe he actually needs to call Cutler out publicly. Maybe, just maybe, he needs to bench Cutler so he gets the message.

I think firing Trestman makes most sense right now. Move Kromer in to interim head coach and go from there. See if that puts things in the right direction or not. At this point, how can anyone look at it and go, yes, it makes sense to have him as a coach. It is more then just the results on the field, it is how everything is being ran, etc.

First back-to-back 50+ point defensive efforts in the NFL in over 70 years, yet no coaching changes made. I shouldn't have expected anything different from the McCaskeys.

The smart fan thing to do would be to boycott the next few home games, but all the tickets are already paid for, might as well show up. (Maybe with a paper bag on my head)

He said he is keeping Tucker because he sees him every day work with the players and he knows he is doing a good job. Those words really were spoken

@ZachZaidman: Trestman on why he's sticking with Mel Tucker: "I feel very confident that he's doing the things he can do to help us move forward."

This press conference is more embarrassing than last night