2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 28, 2014 -> 10:41 PM)
I think the first step was unintentional, then the 2nd step was clearly on purpose, and then he takes all his weight off his front foot and pushing off Rodgers to step forward again. And he never once looks down, which is a normal reaction when someone accidentally steps on something, and he also never turns around when Rodgers pushes him, because he knows what he did. If he truly didn't know what was happening, he would have turned around and question why Rodgers was pushing him and yelling.

Piece of s***, through and through.

Completely agreed. He had that tough-guy walk back to Detroit huddle after Rodgers pushes him off too, like he didn't give a s*** about what he just did.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 04:51 AM)
It amazes me that hockey gets the reputation for goonery and the like when this kind of stuff happens in football to relatively no consequence on a regular basis.

in hockey several yrs ago, i think, chris simone, a goon, step on a leg of a

player. now this is a step on with skates.

b/c of this action, intent of serious injury, he was banned from the nhl.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 28, 2014 -> 10:41 PM)
I think the first step was unintentional, then the 2nd step was clearly on purpose, and then he takes all his weight off his front foot and pushing off Rodgers to step forward again. And he never once looks down, which is a normal reaction when someone accidentally steps on something, and he also never turns around when Rodgers pushes him, because he knows what he did. If he truly didn't know what was happening, he would have turned around and question why Rodgers was pushing him and yelling.

Piece of s***, through and through.

Aikman put it best...when you step on something on the field that's not the field, you know it. He knew what he was doing.

First step was maybe unintentional, second step definitely not, especially since he then pushed off with all his weight.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 07:38 AM)
@RapSheet: The #Jets announce that Woody Johnson has told GM John Idzik and Rex Ryan that they have been fired

I think Rex Ryan would be a top NFL head coach if he had any offensive imagination. The Bears already went down that road with Lovie Smith, I'm not ready for a repeat.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 07:41 AM)
I think Rex Ryan would be a top NFL head coach if he had any offensive imagination. The Bears already went down that road with Lovie Smith, I'm not ready for a repeat.

At the same time, he has been saddled with very little offensive talent his entire time in NY. Im fine with it if he gets a strong OC.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 07:41 AM)

I'd still much rather have a top 5-10 defense (which Ryan's Jets team did 4/6 years of his tenure) for this franchise. Not necessarily advocating Mr. Foot Fetish, but he wouldn't be the worst choice.

It was probably time for him to get out of NY, but I think Ryan is a top flight coach. The rosters he was given were just pretty much close to the worst in the league every year he was there. Even his first two years those rosters weren't great. It's amazing he won as much as he did.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 08:21 AM)
@ProFootballTalk

League source says word is tricking out of Chicago that G.M. Phil Emery has gotten the axe.

Good.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 08:22 AM)
It was probably time for him to get out of NY, but I think Ryan is a top flight coach. The rosters he was given were just pretty much close to the worst in the league every year he was there. Even his first two years those rosters weren't great. It's amazing he won as much as he did.

I'd love if Ryan was the next Bears HC

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 08:21 AM)
@ProFootballTalk

League source says word is tricking out of Chicago that G.M. Phil Emery has gotten the axe.

Hopefully this is true. And hopefully the Bears don't do what the Bears usually do and screw this potential new hire up.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 08:37 AM)
Gotta wonder if Ted Phillips skates away clean

I don't know how much weight Kaplan's sources have but

David Kaplan ‏@thekapman 6m6 minutes ago

Source confirms to me that the Bears will hire consultant w/ football experience to lead search to revamp organization. #majorhousecleaning

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 08:39 AM)
I don't know how much weight Kaplan's sources have but

David Kaplan ‏@thekapman 6m6 minutes ago

Source confirms to me that the Bears will hire consultant w/ football experience to lead search to revamp organization. #majorhousecleaning

Kaplan has good sources. The Jets hired Casserly and Ron Wolf to help them . I think Phillips should stay on with the business side. I hope they are finally doing this the right way.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 08:46 AM)
Huh?

They fired Emery. No idea why Adam put HC there (maybe that explained his poor drafting. GM and HC is alot of responsibility ;)) Trestman is gone too though.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 08:47 AM)
I think Phillips should stay on with the business side. I hope they are finally doing this the right way.

Ditto. Hope they copy what the Hawks did with McDonough.

Edited by SoxAce