2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 4, 2015 -> 06:58 PM)
While I am no fan of Dallas, the last team I wanted to see win anything was Detroit.

Seeing all my friends in michigan b**** and cry about this game is totally worth putting up with Dallas winning.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 4, 2015 -> 06:59 PM)
Seeing all my friends in michigan b**** and cry about this game is totally worth putting up with Dallas winning.

They have every reason to complain. That was awful. However, I agree, it's fun listening to them cry about it.

Did they ever explain why Dez Bryant wasn't flagged for running on the field to complain without his helmet? That was a worse missed call.

Either way, Green Bay should be the most upset. While I expect them to beat Dallas, that's a much tougher matchup than Carolina.

I'm ecstatic that the Cowboys won and people can stop (at least for another week) their unfounded claims that Romo can't win a big game. He's done it in the past, and he did it again today.

That being said, I'm not very confident going in to next week. I think it will be a high scoring shootout, but I can't see this Cowboys D stopping Rodgers from scoring at will. It will be up to the Cowboys offense to match Rodgers next week to have a chance.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 5, 2015 -> 12:40 AM)
Because they decided it was only face-guarding, which isn't a penalty in the NFL.

You may have a point but I've seen pass interference called for a lot less. Plus the ball hit him in the back and he didn't even play the ball, just ran at the receiver. I think most people wouldn't have b****ed as much if they didn't call it a foul; the sheer the reneging is what caused people to say "WTF".

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jan 5, 2015 -> 01:31 AM)
You may have a point but I've seen pass interference called for a lot less. Plus the ball hit him in the back and he didn't even play the ball, just ran at the receiver. I think most people wouldn't have b****ed as much if they didn't call it a foul; the sheer the reneging is what caused people to say "WTF".

I thought it was a PI calls as well. I'm just telling you what the ref said was their reasoning for picking up the flag.

I did however feel less sympathetic towards that call when I saw this video....

https://vine.co/v/OdD5hWMBK2q

Could have been offsetting penalties at the least.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 5, 2015 -> 12:40 AM)
Because they decided it was only face-guarding, which isn't a penalty in the NFL.

Even if that is the rule, the refs can't just pick up the flag like that in a playoff game. You made the call. If it was never picked up, nobody says a thing because that penalty is called all year long and is accepted as a penalty.

I didn't care who won but that whole 4th quarter was just very suspicious. The defensive holding called on Detroit when Romo tried to drop it off to the tailback. Right call, but the defender in Romo's face is clearly being held more violently.

Oh well. I think Dallas would have a better shot at winning in GB than DET and that is all I care about right now.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 5, 2015 -> 03:19 AM)
I thought it was a PI calls as well. I'm just telling you what the ref said was their reasoning for picking up the flag.

I did however feel less sympathetic towards that call when I saw this video....

https://vine.co/v/OdD5hWMBK2q

Could have been offsetting penalties at the least.

And before that Hitchens had been holding his jersey as well. Even if offsetting penalties were called, Dez Bryant coming onto the field after the play without his helmet should have been a dead ball unsportsmanlike that would have been a first down anyways. My only rooting interest in the game was for either team to win by less than a TD, so it worked out perfectly for me, but that was one of the most egregious sequence of events I've seen a while in a playoff game. Detroit has every right to be pissed about the call. And their fans have every right to be pissed about their HC not having the balls or brains to go for it on 4th and 1 in plus territory.