2014 Minor League catch all thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting side note about the minor league DL... most of the guys on the DL for the White Sox are on the standard 7 day DL. But Stephen McCray and Jake Cose were put on the 60-day, per Baseball America. Cose had a back injury this offseason, so I assume that is the issue for him. McCray I have no idea about.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 04:32 PM)
Josh Feldman ‏@BigTexJosh 22m

#WhiteSox Executive VP Ken Williams is in Kannapolis today. His son Tyler enters today leading the SAL with a .556 average.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?p...&pid=573247

He looks like Dad, but he was 5 for 9 entering the day. That's as big of a "who cares" as I think you can find. At least they aren't lying I guess.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 04:50 PM)
http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?p...&pid=573247

He looks like Dad, but he was 5 for 9 entering the day. That's as big of a "who cares" as I think you can find. At least they aren't lying I guess.

Look at what he did the past two years. He doesn't belong getting starting playing time, this is another one of those nepotism things. Dude struck out in nearly half his at bats over two seasons and never hit a lick, as a pure DH. I don't care if they take guys like that and have them ride the bench to provide some guidance or whatever, but just like with KW Jr, it drives me up a wall he is playing while guys who have some non-zero chance of being valuable wait behind him.

/end rant

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 09:01 PM)
I don't know why people get so worked up over it. I don't think it's a very big deal.

I don't get worked up over Laumann and Parent's kids, because they were on the bench, where they belong. And if one of the front office staff's kids is a legit prospect, great, they deserve to start. I just think this is a little KW Chicago-style politics is all. Not a huge thing, just something that irritates me.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 04:54 PM)
Look at what he did the past two years. He doesn't belong getting starting playing time, this is another one of those nepotism things. Dude struck out in nearly half his at bats over two seasons and never hit a lick, as a pure DH. I don't care if they take guys like that and have them ride the bench to provide some guidance or whatever, but just like with KW Jr, it drives me up a wall he is playing while guys who have some non-zero chance of being valuable wait behind him.

/end rant

KW Jr. never played another inning, never had another PA in affiliate ball once he left the White Sox system. I think I said that would happen and I'm sure a lot of people agreed with me. I doubt he has even caught on with a indy league team.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 09:01 PM)
I don't know why people get so worked up over it. I don't think it's a very big deal.

It takes away from someone who is better and should be playing. Had KW Jr. gone on to the Rockies org and played half decent, then that would be one thing, but he didn't. He never played again.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 01:43 PM)
I see Sean Bierman is in Kanny. At 25 for low A, i guess he doesn't have much of a future. Where is Ben Kline? I don't see him on any roster.

Kline was released.

Bierman is just filler. Neither of these guys were prospects to begin with.

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 09:37 AM)
Crawford was form the minor league phase of the rule-5, right? Isn't he in his late 20s?

Yes and yes. Taken in the AAA portion of the Rule V, he's 27. He's had a lot of AA innings, a few AAA and a very few MLB. He won't be long for A ball I'd have to think, he'll probably be in AA and/or AAA pretty soon. He was technically on the DL, not sure why, but this looks like a temporary assignment to me.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 01:00 PM)
So has their been anything on Micker Adolpho? Was in the minor league camp this spring? Is he at extended spring training? Is he in the DR? Does it seem like he will play rookie ball this year?

No word I've seen, but last I knew he was in extended ST. Bell's last word last year was he'd be with the new AZL Sox this year. They start play in June.